Page 175 of 217 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3248
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

Haha, I managed to stick it out to the end, but I must confess the appearance of Mr Balls was most unwelcome. He really is an awful, awful man.

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    He wasn't defending the invasion for the last time in that post. He was saying that it was a logically flawed argument, because if you apply to the other situation, you get two completely contradictory answers.
    This. I think it's clear that I was attacking the form of argument rather than using the same method to back my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    The same people will be complaining when the Iraqis decide that they are going to follow Saudi and enforce a barbaric version of Sharia, where women are oppressed and killed. And then when the new government decides to toe out of line for even a second against the US's wishes like Saddam did, the whole process will start all over again. Great progress for the Iraqis.
    So how do you stop this barbaric version of Sharia? I see a purely non interventionist stance here as completely useless. If one is to oppose all intervention and sanctions then, to be frank, they've lost all right to complain about the situation tbh.
    Last edited by cover drive man; 27-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    ah so dubya and his lapdog blair were trying to avenge the deaths of all those kurds...?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    But he has a point which you have not even bothered to reply to. You have all been saying that Iraq was for the noblest of intentions to save the Kurds. But was it really? What about the last Gulf war. Saddam was a pal back then wasn't he? And if Saddam had obliged the US with their inspections etc, we wouldn't have had this Iraq war and Saddam would have gone back to killing more Kurds.
    I don't believe in avenging any death, and I'm certainly not a big fan of Blair and Bush. But I do agree with them on the point that Saddam (and Taliban run Afghanistan) had lost all of their right to sovereignty.
    Last edited by cover drive man; 27-06-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Nick Clegg has apparently announced that he would be prepared to form a coalition government with Labour in 2015 - For a bloke who started quite promisingly he really has become an unbelievably stupid **** in recent months - does he really thing anyone is going to give a tuppeny toss about the one seat in Cornwall and the one in the Scottish Islands that they are now on course to end up with? - could the Liberals lease bring back Charles Kennedy before the SNP end up as the third biggest party in the country

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing how the army performs at the Olympics!
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

cpr
    Teresa May calling the UKBA staff on strike next week as shameful for abandoning their posts just as the Olympics starts, and trying to blackmail the country. I guess a legally called strike is more reprehensable than lying to the Government and just not hiring enough staff to cover the Olympics eh. Meanwhile G4S carry on bidding for more outsourced public service contracts, despite proving they cannot staff a simple sports event, let alone man a prison/support the police etc.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

theBlueGuerilla.: Lib Dem gay sex fund raiser.

Ok...so, I don't have any problem with this sort of gathering per se, but surely you shouldn't arrange this sort of thing as a political fundraiser....I mean, Caligula may as well have come up with the idea. It's their prerogative to do as they please, obviously. Just strikes me as being a rather...lurid way of going about things.

Seems like dear old Mr Clegg is doing his best to save face with the Lib Dems this morning.

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for him, almost.

Conference could be quite a hoot actually. In any event, I imagine his days are numbered. He'll probably hang around till the next election, but I imagine he's toast.

Yeah he has gone regardless of what happens at next election, will be consigned to writing his memoirs and defending his 'legacy.'

Haha, I bet that would be a fascinating read. God I hate that guy. All the frontline politicians are pretty dreadful at the moment come to think of it. Cameron is probably the one I have the fewest problems with/find the most convincing, which really does illustrate how poor things have become.

There was a decent Labour guy on Sky News with Dermot this morning though. I can't remember his name, but he struck me as being quite impressive. Should get him up the ranks, can't be any worse than Wallace and Gromit.

Sure he will claim that he saved the country from the evil Tory party, we all know that with the failure of his 2 constitutional reforms that he has got **** all out of this agreement.

Cameron is far from the most detestable politician but being increasingly convinced he is actually a bit of a lightweight. Osborne and Gove far more odious though for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Sure he will claim that he saved the country from the evil Tory party, we all know that with the failure of his 2 constitutional reforms that he has got **** all out of this agreement.

Cameron is far from the most detestable politician but being increasingly convinced he is actually a bit of a lightweight. Osborne and Gove far more odious though for sure.
    The whole thing is going to relect very poorly on him I think, if it hasn't already. Like you say, nothing has been achieved, but yet it's been a very expensive "nothing" in the sense that it's come at the cost of alienating large proportions of Lib Dem voters.

Yeah, Osborne is about the most odious one out there at the moment for me. Can just imagine him snivelling around Eton wearing a dressing gown and slippers.

Never really sure what to make of Cameron to be honest. Can sometimes watch him in PMQs and think that he really comes across as quite convincing, but then I wonder if he's basically just flat track bullying his way through very weak opposition. In any case, there's clearly quite a lot of discontent coming from within the Tories about his leadership, so he's going to have to start looking over his shoulder a lot more frequently unless he can quell the grumblings.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Seems like dear old Mr Clegg is doing his best to save face with the Lib Dems this morning.
    I expect he has done a KP and is worried about some texts he has sent Milliband about Cameron being made public

Thread Information