Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
Results 1,261 to 1,265 of 1265

Thread: Poker

International Coach
    Because judging from your description of him, he will bet close to 100% of the time if you check, and if this is true then checking every single hand in your range has to be at least co-optimal.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    Because judging from your description of him, he will bet close to 100% of the time if you check, and if this is true then checking every single hand in your range has to be at least co-optimal.
    True. After all, I wasn't the leader in the hand, since I only called his pre-flop overbet.

Anyway i went all-in on the turn and he calls and turns over two low cards, making a straight. Whoops.

What I am asking is if I could have played the hand better. I guess checking the flop could have been the answer, even if it would have given him his straight card anyway. At least I wouldn't have been compelled to go all-in.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

International Coach
    You could have played the hand better (shove preflop, check the flop), but not because of the results. Being results-orientated is one of the worst ways you can think in poker (and in life generally) because in the short term there is so much luck. You might, hypothetically, make a play that is totally standard but simply doesn't work out because the villain shows up with one of the few hands you don't want to see, but that doesn't mean that the play was wrong.

In this case given everything that has happened up until the turn you can't do anything else other than shove. His flop call (I assume he had 63) is absolutely terribad fwiw.

Yes, I totally understand that poker is more about making good decisions than how many hands/money you win. So, I was just asking for advice regarding my decisions on the hand.

I just went all-in on Zynga poker with AK (play money btw), got called by some nut with 92. The flop pairs my king, but the turn and the river were 92. I don't mind bad beats when I knew I played the hand correctly.

Another horrible night last night.

As usual, four player NL with some fairly loose players.

Highlights were getting pocket aces and getting another ace on the river whilst my opponent got a set of queen's on the river. Got paid off nicely.

But throughout the night I was calling on speculative hands, trying to use my bigger stack to look at more flops, but none of them hit me, ao I folded to a lot of post-flop bets.

I was accused of being a nit throughout the night but one guy in particular gives me trouble. He will raise almost all my bets and or just call me down until he hits a card.

Very frustrating.

How can I stop being a nit? 3-bet on a range of cards and get caught a couple of times bluffing? Raise pre-flop more often, no matter what I have?
    Last edited by Days of Grace; 31-10-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485

Thread Information