Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1265

Thread: Poker

liquor in the front
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    The mistake you made was thinking your hand was stronger than it was. It's really extremely weak on that flop so you don't want to be calling a raise and if you're betting in the first place it's as a pure bluff. And given your read on him, that's almost definitely a mistake.

Aggressive players are very difficult to play against. The easiest way is just to avoid getting into too many pots with them, especially out of position.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Agreed. I took him for a few pots but unfortunately they weren't worth as much as the one later on which lost me basically my entire stack. The seeds were sown for that hand about 2 hours before when he made me fold an AK and laughingly showed me his 3-2. At the end, I had 2000 yen left and decided to go all-in heads up against the same player on an A-6o after the flop came A-6-and some other card. Of course, he called me, and showed an AJ. And, of course, the final widow card was a Jack. FFS.

I think the lesson I learned was never to overvalue small pocket pairs and Ace-rags, even in an aggressive short handed game.

I shouldn't even be playing these guys yet, having only been playing really for 6 months on and off and reading a few books on the game. But it is the only game I know of in town at the moment.

They were all commenting on how well I was playing until that fatal hand.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Pissing myself off recently. I am just too damn streaky and aggressive.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Agreed. I took him for a few pots but unfortunately they weren't worth as much as the one later on which lost me basically my entire stack. The seeds were sown for that hand about 2 hours before when he made me fold an AK and laughingly showed me his 3-2. At the end, I had 2000 yen left and decided to go all-in heads up against the same player on an A-6o after the flop came A-6-and some other card. Of course, he called me, and showed an AJ. And, of course, the final widow card was a Jack. FFS.

I think the lesson I learned was never to overvalue small pocket pairs and Ace-rags, even in an aggressive short handed game.

I shouldn't even be playing these guys yet, having only been playing really for 6 months on and off and reading a few books on the game. But it is the only game I know of in town at the moment.

They were all commenting on how well I was playing until that fatal hand.
    Much prefer playing random cards to Ax, it's so much easier to play them post flop.

The key thing once the flop is dealt is to forget how strong your hand looked pre-flop. 3 of a kind flopping is one of the worst possible flops when you're holding a low pair.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Much prefer playing random cards to Ax, it's so much easier to play them post flop.

The key thing once the flop is dealt is to forget how strong your hand looked pre-flop. 3 of a kind flopping is one of the worst possible flops when you're holding a low pair.
    Because there is no way for your hand to improve, right?

How about Ace-rags? What are you looking for on the flop? 3 of a kind minimum? Could you withstand a bet after flopping a pair of aces?
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

The answer to all of those questions is "it depends". Just don't play them, you'll save yourself a lot of money.

fired up 888, first time to make a deposit though ive played elsewhere

bossing it even though it's small money

The standard is so, so bad at 888. I'd play there all the time if the software wasn't so horrendous.

whats bad about it? seems to work. or I should ask, what's better elsewhere?

International Coach
    It's not terrible when compared to other smaller sites, the vast majority of which suffer from similar problems, but it is terrible compared to Stars.

It mostly (though not completely) works, just somewhat inconveniently. The betslider is annoying and only moves in increments of a big blind, meaning you have to type bets in manually which is annoying if you're playing more than one table. It becomes even more annoying whenever action becomes on you on another table because it steals focus away from the bet box, and you have to click it again to carry on typing. There are a couple of bugs that don't relate to actual play, such as their hit and running prevention mechanism sometimes failing, allowing a player to leave the table and instantly rejoin with the min buyin. I could list quite a few more problems, but I don't want this to turn into an essay so I'll just add that the support on 888 is ****ing terrible.

Stars on the other hand is pretty much completely bug-free, looks really nice and is just painless to use, with comfortably the best support and security of any site.

With all this said, the reason most of this stuff annoys me is because I want to play 4+ tables at once. If you're not multitabling, then it will be much less irksome. In which case, playing at 888 is probably a sensible idea as the games will be much easier, at all levels.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

thanks for the post.

nah not playing multiple tables, and has seemed to work well enough so far.

Sat in on the highest money game I could find, sat there for quite a while and everybody was constantly folding after the flop until finally three players had pocket pairs and went all in, 12k pot aces v 10's v 7's. Ten's hit trips.

Shane Warne plays higher stakes there sometimes. We've been told he's hilariously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Shane Warne plays higher stakes there sometimes. We've been told he's hilariously bad.
    He probably isn't dropping any of his own cash though.

One thing that has been bothering me recently is the continuation bet. If you take the lead in position before the flop but then miss it completely, do you always still bet the flop if everyone checks to you? If they then just call your bet, do you then bet again on the turn if they check again to you and you still have nothing?

I have lost some money on that.

Thread Information