Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Poker

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    It was on the flop.

I was in the BB, UTG limped the and MP3 made it 150(3 big blinds at the time) to go, everyone folded to me and i called.

Flop came 8KK, i checked, UTG checked, the raiser bet 2/3 the pot i think, i shoved all in and he called.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    With 2 kings on the table? It wasn't really his hand, still robbed a little though.
    LOL!

Dude, 2 kings on the table means i'm in an amazingly great position, he raised PF so there's big chance he's got 3 kings and will (quite rightly) not lay his hand down while i'm about an 85% favourite to win.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    A good play I made the other day:

ME: AA

I get raised 3x BB. No one else is in the pot, so I call.

Flop:

A98

Score! He puts a pot bet which is great because I know I have the nuts at that point, so I reraise him 2x pot. He calls. That kind of weirds me out, because I can't see what he would have to do 3x BB and and then make a big bet again. The turn comes 6 and he goes all in.

After a bunch of thinking, I fold. He shows a straight. Don't ask how I figured that one out. After that, I realized how much of a ****ty player he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

That's probably the dumbest show i've ever seen.

That's a pretty sick fold, laying down aces is on of my biggest leeks as i play to much limit and am always paranoid of someone showing me KK instead of a straight.

As we speak i just check raised someone all in with tens on a 732 flop, he insta called and showed queens. The river was a ten

I'm old enough to play at the local cardroom now, where the play is absolutely abysmal, can't wait to play on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    LOL!

Dude, 2 kings on the table means i'm in an amazingly great position, he raised PF so there's big chance he's got 3 kings and will (quite rightly) not lay his hand down while i'm about an 85% favourite to win.
    I'm pretty sure Athlai's a newb and didn't realise you had a full house.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I'm pretty sure Athlai's a newb and didn't realise you had a full house.
    Ah didn't spot it, was a bit late when I posted that. Still if they had a K which they did they always had the chance of drawing a fullhouse too. 10% chance of losing from the flop? And I really couldn't fathom folding with their hand, the chances of someone having two eights there were so low. So it was just a bit of bad luck on your part but good poker from both of you.
    Last edited by Athlai; 08-10-2007 at 08:37 PM.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

I'd be pushing on a 90%.

I'd be pushing on a 90%.
    I meant the 8's having a 90% of victory. Ah that 2am post looks silly now.

Yeah I know, and I said I'd be pushing all in with 90%. Like I said earlier, he made the right call.

Yeah I know, and I said I'd be pushing all in with 90%. Like I said earlier, he made the right call.
    Yeah but what if you had the three kings? Would you call?

Yeah probably, especially with a Q. You'd have to back him to have the other K with a lower kicker.

Yeah probably, especially with a Q. You'd have to back him to have the other K with a lower kicker.
    I'd think the same, good poker on both counts. But an amazing hand got taken apart by a bit of luck.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    A good play I made the other day:

ME: AA

I get raised 3x BB. No one else is in the pot, so I call.

Flop:

A98

Score! He puts a pot bet which is great because I know I have the nuts at that point, so I reraise him 2x pot. He calls. That kind of weirds me out, because I can't see what he would have to do 3x BB and and then make a big bet again. The turn comes 6 and he goes all in.

After a bunch of thinking, I fold. He shows a straight. Don't ask how I figured that one out. After that, I realized how much of a ****ty player he was.
    My favourite hand is 10 7, and if i had the right amount of chips i would play that hand exactly how he did.

But with a preflop raise, a flop raise and an all in on the turn, the fold with the aces was a bad fold, even though you were behind. The only way you should have folded was if he got excited at the 6. Even with the straight you still had 9 outs, so if you had have done the right thing you could have still won.

And before pokernoob365 tells me it was the right thing to lay the aces down, i know that it cut his losses, but how can you put someone on 10 7 or 7 5 with a preflop raise. If anything the limping in pre-flop with the aces was the bad move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

You'd play the hand exactly the same as the other guy did? Are you nuts?

Open calling with T7 (i'm assuming) is basicaly a **** move, you can say what you want about keeping your openents guessing but it's still crap.

Then, calling in a heads up pot with nothing but a gutshot straight draw getting terrible odds is blatantly wrong.

He made two big mistakes and won the hand, i can almost guarentee you that that guy is a losing player.

And about folding top set, it was an instinctive thing, SS thought he was beat so he folded, i'm pretty sure that he does not have the odds to draw to a full house in that spot. It's pretty mad to fold the second nuts on the turn and i doubt he'll ever do it again as i don't think anyone has the instincts to know with enough accuracy that they were beat to make it a viable fold.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    You'd play the hand exactly the same as the other guy did? Are you nuts?

Open calling with T7 (i'm assuming) is basicaly a **** move, you can say what you want about keeping your openents guessing but it's still crap.

Then, calling in a heads up pot with nothing but a gutshot straight draw getting terrible odds is blatantly wrong.

He made two big mistakes and won the hand, i can almost guarentee you that that guy is a losing player.

And about folding top set, it was an instinctive thing, SS thought he was beat so he folded, i'm pretty sure that he does not have the odds to draw to a full house in that spot. It's pretty mad to fold the second nuts on the turn and i doubt he'll ever do it again as i don't think anyone has the instincts to know with enough accuracy that they were beat to make it a viable fold.

If you fold everytime you think you're beat you're going to lose, im not sure if this was online or in a live game, if it was online it would be the stupidest fold you could do. You're behind but there is no way you can put him on 10 7.

Now about the terrible odds, lets assume the blinds are 50 100, just to put a number on it.

10 7 raises preflop to 300
    AA calls 300

pot: 600 (+blinds maybe? but we'll pretend SB vs BB)

Flop: A98

10 7 being the raiser bets 600 hoping that AA doesnt have an A

AA doesnt only have 1 A but he has 2 so of course he raises to 2xpot which is 2400?

10 7 would think, he raised pre flop and AA only called, if he has an A its weak, and he could steal it on the turn, or even better hit a straight. He has to call 1800 into a pot with 3600, so he is getting 2 to 1 on his money. He calls with all intentions to bluff on the turn and hopefully take the pot down. No matter what card comes down, he is pushing

Turn: 6

10 7 is ecstatic, he has gotten his straight. He pushes, as per the plan above and gets AA to fold, even though he wanted a call.

Not a bad play at all, especially if he had a chip advantage.

The bad play on this hand was AA getting greedy and wanting to see a flop. An 1800 raise preflop wins him the hand and he plays on.

Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread Information