Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 1265

Thread: Poker

  1. #211
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,215
    Love poker to be honest, a local champ, never lost a game.

    I do not condone gambling outside of casino's.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  2. #212
    cpr
    cpr is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year cpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    I would say that not being able to physically read people is nigh on irrelevant. At the mid/higher stakes, when people know the basics and play generally solid poker for the most part, you get reads off their betsizing, tendencies and timing tells. For example, betting half the pot means they are weak, whereas a bigger means strength. Or that they reraise big with a flush draw.

    For the most part (and this is probably due to the fact that on the whole I have played with my opponents a lot and had 100s or 1000s of hands against them) I find it much easier to determine the strength of someones hand online.

    Plus, we are not all Derren Brown, it is rare that we are actually going to give off tells that others are able to pick up and then be able to exploit.

    What I will say is that, on the whole, live play is a lot easier to beat than the comparative stakes online (talking cash games here). So if you can beat the online games at any stake level really, then get on down to a casino!

    I would be surprised if any here could pick up a physical tell and then correctly base your play on repeatedly.

    Think you misunderstood, what i was getting at is that by learning to play online, you find there is no need to control emotions and show restraint. Do that too long and once you do play a face to face game, then its really tricky to remember to hold your cool so to speak (if you've spent the last year shouting 'YESSS' to yourself every time your dealt 2 Aces, in a real game its quite easy to forget to control yourself and remember to not show you've just got a crackin hand. Its not so much little tells, but massive whoppers
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

  3. #213
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,215
    Just started on the Full Tilt Poker site and won a tournament. Cool site anyone else have a user on it?

  4. #214
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    I would say that not being able to physically read people is nigh on irrelevant. At the mid/higher stakes, when people know the basics and play generally solid poker for the most part, you get reads off their betsizing, tendencies and timing tells. For example, betting half the pot means they are weak, whereas a bigger means strength. Or that they reraise big with a flush draw.

    For the most part (and this is probably due to the fact that on the whole I have played with my opponents a lot and had 100s or 1000s of hands against them) I find it much easier to determine the strength of someones hand online.

    Plus, we are not all Derren Brown, it is rare that we are actually going to give off tells that others are able to pick up and then be able to exploit.

    What I will say is that, on the whole, live play is a lot easier to beat than the comparative stakes online (talking cash games here). So if you can beat the online games at any stake level really, then get on down to a casino!

    I would be surprised if any here could pick up a physical tell and then correctly base your play on repeatedly.
    Yeh physical tells are way overrated, especialy lower down where often people don't know themselves what they've got. The only person i've got reliable tells from is a guy a play a lot with and crush every time we play heads up because he's so obvious.

    What site do you play at Sim?

    I'm currently using Bowman90 on stars, lent a dollar off a mate and have managed to run it up to $30 playing the lowest limit stakes(it's horribly impossible to avoid being drawn out on down there) and lately SNGs and 2.20 sats which are pretty easy. I used to use SSDas at which i turned nothing into into a hundred an 67 dollars but then came crashing down to 67(and which point i decided to bar myself to stop myslef tilting of my br).

    I do ok in SNGs (sharkscope's reading 30%ROI after 90 games) but i seem to suck at shorthanded cash games, which is annoying as i'm an OK shorthand tournament player.

    Edit: FFS, last two hands, first NL cash, second early on in a 2.20 sat-

    Me:88
    Villain:KQ
    Flop:8KK
    All in
    Turn:A
    River:A

    Me:KK
    Villain:77
    All in(WTF ARE YOU DOING ALL IN WITH 7s??????)
    Flop: K23 - Score, he's virtualy dead. Drawing to two perfect outs, 989 to one.
    Turn: 7 - W/E, i'm still winning, i mean, what's the chances of him hitting the case 7? 43 to one? No way
    River: Take a wild ****in guess.

    Poker sucks.
    Last edited by open365; 28-09-2007 at 02:48 PM.


  5. #215
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,074
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    Yeh physical tells are way overrated, especialy lower down where often people don't know themselves what they've got. The only person i've got reliable tells from is a guy a play a lot with and crush every time we play heads up because he's so obvious.

    What site do you play at Sim?

    I'm currently using Bowman90 on stars, lent a dollar off a mate and have managed to run it up to $30 playing the lowest limit stakes(it's horribly impossible to avoid being drawn out on down there) and lately SNGs and 2.20 sats which are pretty easy. I used to use SSDas at which i turned nothing into into a hundred an 67 dollars but then came crashing down to 67(and which point i decided to bar myself to stop myslef tilting of my br).

    I do ok in SNGs (sharkscope's reading 30%ROI after 90 games) but i seem to suck at shorthanded cash games, which is annoying as i'm an OK shorthand tournament player.

    Edit: FFS, last two hands, first NL cash, second early on in a 2.20 sat-

    Me:88
    Villain:KQ
    Flop:8KK
    All in
    Turn:A
    River:A

    Me:KK
    Villain:77
    All in(WTF ARE YOU DOING ALL IN WITH 7s??????)
    Flop: K23 - Score, he's virtualy dead. Drawing to two perfect outs, 989 to one.
    Turn: 7 - W/E, i'm still winning, i mean, what's the chances of him hitting the case 7? 43 to one? No way
    River: Take a wild ****in guess.

    Poker sucks.

    Unlucky. Sounded a little bit like Phil Hellmuth towards the end
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

    -Tolstoy

  6. #216
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,074
    OK then some of cdm's poker tips.

    Poker varies from which type of game you're playing people play for fun and money among various other things. Example if you're playing for money and you see you have about a 36% Chance of making a straight you should only put you're money in if you're getting payed out at(100/36) 2.8/1. But in play money games like what most poker sites have people will be more likely to have a little gamble. People will be a lot more serious when there's money involved, I mean I've only ever played two pound games at the most but still mister tight money is easy to bluff or basically bully out of a pot but mister money bags wouldn't be as bothered about losing a pound so it's good to play the player who isn't taking the game to serious when you feel you have the best hand.

    But remember when you take tips all players are different. There are fish(A player guaranteed to lose), rocks (Tight players), donkeys(Poker incompetence) and sharks (Good players after the fish's money) Knowing how to tell a shark from a fish is a key factor in poker. Remember if you dont know who the fish at you're table is when you're playing poker, it's you.

  7. #217
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,074
    Amateur's although they are amateurs are sometimes a bit figity first of all never bluff them.

  8. #218
    cpr
    cpr is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year cpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Remember if you dont know who the fish at you're table is when you're playing poker, it's you.

    Lifted from Rounders that line, aint it?

  9. #219
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,074
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Lifted from Rounders that line, aint it?
    Yep. (Think I might go pro when I'm older)

  10. #220
    International Coach GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    12,678
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    =
    Edit: FFS, last two hands, first NL cash, second early on in a 2.20 sat-

    Me:88
    Villain:KQ
    Flop:8KK
    All in
    Turn:A
    River:A

    Poker sucks.
    No offence, but isnt that just bad play?
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

  11. #221
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,113
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn View Post
    No offence, but isnt that just bad play?
    No. He made the right call and got sucked out.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  12. #222
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,215
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    No. He made the right call and got sucked out.
    With 2 kings on the table? It wasn't really his hand, still robbed a little though.

  13. #223
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,113
    He had a full house ffs! Unless the **** had K8 (or KK, but that's even less likely) he was well in front, and deserved to win.

  14. #224
    International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    Me:KK
    Villain:77
    All in(WTF ARE YOU DOING ALL IN WITH 7s??????)
    Flop: K23 - Score, he's virtualy dead. Drawing to two perfect outs, 989 to one.
    Turn: 7 - W/E, i'm still winning, i mean, what's the chances of him hitting the case 7? 43 to one? No way
    River: Take a wild ****in guess.

    Poker sucks.
    Who pushed, him or you? Calling with 77 would be a bit tough, but pushing with it would be the right move and he was unlucky(or not) to come against KK
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

  15. #225
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,113
    Yeah, pre-flop with 7's isn't that bad a play, you'd have to think you'd be getting called by similar pockets or more likely by AK or AQ.

Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **
    By Blewy in forum Cricket Web Premiership
    Replies: 610
    Last Post: 23-07-2008, 04:23 AM
  2. ** OFFICIAL Central United Thread **
    By Blewy in forum Cricket Web Premiership
    Replies: 394
    Last Post: 22-07-2008, 07:10 AM
  3. Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread
    By Dravid in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 986
    Last Post: 29-06-2007, 03:31 AM
  4. OFFICIAL Cricketweb Premiership Stats Thread!
    By Blewy in forum Statistics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 04:58 AM
  5. Official Sydney Grade Cricket Thread
    By AussieDominance in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 20-06-2006, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •