Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best Broadband Package in England/UK?

Best Broadband Package in England/UK?

What do you folks reckon is the best (most stable/provides best bang for the bucks/most reliable/easy to set-up etc, oh and CHEAPish) broadband package on offer? users will be 4-5 students some of whom use internet quite a lot.

Share your personal opinions/experiences please.

International Coach
    Sky is good. Decent speed 65 meg, line rental and free weekend and evening calls. 27.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Had a nightmare with Sky not long ago. I continued to use/pay for a subscription set up by a former girlfriend for several years. When I moved house they wouldn't let me cancel or move the subscription "because of the GDPR". So we had a big argument about that.

International Coach
    Sky are good. But as with anything you can ever do in life you have the "dodgy women not withstanding" proviso.
    vogue likes this.

Just switched from Virgin (unreliable) to EE. So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Bit sad this guy never got a timely response
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

You know you're an old timer here when you recognise the person who made this thread.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

cpr
    Always stuck with Virgin where I could. Good speeds, never had connectivity issues and always been very good at turning a blind eye to downloading.
    Once had a spell with Orange internet that was 8 weeks of cluster****. Turns out they couldn't actually get permission from BT to get into the server to connect me.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Always stuck with Virgin where I could. Good speeds, never had connectivity issues and always been very good at turning a blind eye to downloading.
    Once had a spell with Orange internet that was 8 weeks of cluster****. Turns out they couldn't actually get permission from BT to get into the server to connect me.
    Haha that sounds dodgy af and probably illegal. From what I remember of my studies of telecommunications law BT aren't allowed to just refuse access to other operators. They have a legal duty of sorts to open up access to the network so to stop them from having a monopoly.

International Coach
    The BT operative might have been an ex girlfriend.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha that sounds dodgy af and probably illegal. From what I remember of my studies of telecommunications law BT aren't allowed to just refuse access to other operators. They have a legal duty of sorts to open up access to the network so to stop them from having a monopoly.

From what I recall (I think were going back to 2006 here) BT were saying that they had to send their engineer to do it as they wouldn't allow Orange to send theres, and just never did get round to doing it. Couldve been total bollocks from Oranges POV, they were pretty new to broadband at the time, and were pretty shocking. Only tried them because they gave me a huge discount as I'd had my phone contract with them for years.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    I found all those things to be a problem with Virgin. Great speeds on the one day a week it functioned properly, otherwise 4G on my phone if upstairs. Blocked all sorts of websites. Eratic connection.

cpr
    I've found they've started blocking websites too, purely because they are forced to.

The fact they provide their own binary newsgroups (and have done since year dot) making downloading stuff at max speed really easy has always been a win for me.

Yeah, OffCom or the ICO will have written them saying "block this or we're going to make your life hell" I imagine.

Alternatively, could be regulatory capture I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Sky is good. Decent speed 65 meg, line rental and free weekend and evening calls. 27.
    i think we went with be broadband back in the day. does not appear to be around anymore tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information