Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I'm leaving

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    I have only logged in so I can change my password to something I can't remember (closed my eyes and clicked on a passage of text then right clicked and copied and pasted it into my new password field), so this is definitely my last visit as I won't have a clue what the new one is and I have no intentions of remember what email address I signed up with.

I will, again, explain why I am leaving - although knowing the Draconian rule James has over this place, I don't expect it to last long.

I was emailed and warned that my sexual innuendo was inappropriate. While partly agreeing with this, I would argue my posts in the last few months have been far more toned down in previous periods, and I'd suggest that I've even made a joke of it in the last few weeks which, surprise surprise, James didn't understand.

The other warning put to me was that I was continually taking threads off topic which, as far as I'm concerned, is a complete load of old cobblers. Look at my recent postings in Cricket Chat and the Rugby World Cup forum and ask where exactly I've taken threads off topic? Nowhere.

I found the latter accusation particularly hard to swallow - and anyway I'm over the lovey-dovey atmosphere in OT which is so sugar-sweet it should have a dental warning on it.

As for James' comments in Lord's Lounge:

I did send him an email about four hours before he made that post in the thread (pretty much saying what I said in my original post), and yet he makes it sound like I hadn't been in touch. Needless to say I didn't get a reply, although I didn't really want one.

I know I'm not the only one who is a bit "over" the forums in recent months and when I move to Melbourne later this year I have no idea what my internet situation will be anyway.

Catch a few of you on MSN.

This post will be destructed by James in 5... 4... 3... 2...
    Sad day for CW. Will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I have only logged in so I can change my password to something I can't remember (closed my eyes and clicked on a passage of text then right clicked and copied and pasted it into my new password field), so this is definitely my last visit as I won't have a clue what the new one is and I have no intentions of remember what email address I signed up with.

I will, again, explain why I am leaving - although knowing the Draconian rule James has over this place, I don't expect it to last long.

I was emailed and warned that my sexual innuendo was inappropriate. While partly agreeing with this, I would argue my posts in the last few months have been far more toned down in previous periods, and I'd suggest that I've even made a joke of it in the last few weeks which, surprise surprise, James didn't understand.

The other warning put to me was that I was continually taking threads off topic which, as far as I'm concerned, is a complete load of old cobblers. Look at my recent postings in Cricket Chat and the Rugby World Cup forum and ask where exactly I've taken threads off topic? Nowhere.

I found the latter accusation particularly hard to swallow - and anyway I'm over the lovey-dovey atmosphere in OT which is so sugar-sweet it should have a dental warning on it.

I did send him an email about four hours before he made that post in the thread (pretty much saying what I said in my original post), and yet he makes it sound like I hadn't been in touch. Needless to say I didn't get a reply, although I didn't really want one.

I know I'm not the only one who is a bit "over" the forums in recent months and when I move to Melbourne later this year I have no idea what my internet situation will be anyway.

Hmm is about all I can say, but sad to see you go mate. Very sad.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Snapped. This isn't, of course, appropriate for discussion on-forum (hence I'm not gonna quote so as my post won't need editing) but if anyone wants to know what Voltman said, mail me.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

The way I understand it, the warning for making posts of a sexual nature and taking threads off topic were actually the same point, ie by make sexual comments, you take the thread off topic.

That's how I understand it anyways and it seems your prepared to leave the forum over the smallest of warnings (which was done by email and especially not in the public eye for your benefit) and a misunderstanding at the most which is a pity. Massive, massive overreaction.

Anyways, I'm closing this thread for now, if James or Jack want to override this and reopen it, I'm fine with that.
    Last edited by pasag; 18-06-2007 at 04:22 AM.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Snapped. This isn't, of course, appropriate for discussion on-forum (hence I'm not gonna quote so as my post won't need editing) but if anyone wants to know what Voltman said, mail me.
    Saved it myself TBH as I thought it would be deleted fairly quickly.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Richard, mate. I understand the sentiment, but that's not the way to go about things.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

I'm going to keep this short as I just want to clarify one point. I never received an email from Voltman about this, and had I done, I would have definately responded.

My only reason for responding to this is that I don't want anyone to feel as though they can't raise issues/problems with me because they can.

Seeing as though my leaving thread got locked.. I just want you all to know that I'm sticking around.. I've been thinking about it a lot.. I love this place too much to walk away.. I know we all don't always get on but I'm not gonna let it stop me coming on here and I know I irritate people too.. I know I act blonde sometimes and yes, I sometimes don't get what you guys say but you know i don't know everything, just like you guys. There are a lot of the really good members leaving at the moment and it's really sad. I just hope they all come back soon.. There are obviously reasons why people are leaving and I won't go into why.. but I hope that all changes..
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information