Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Global warming..

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Global warming..

I'm a newbie here, and i don't know if this issue has been raised here before or not.

A couple of other sites i go to have threads about it, so i just thought that i'd try and see what the general opinion of this forum is?

My own personal view is that global warming is a reality, it's happening whether we like it or not.

Weather patterns in some places are changing, and the oceans are certainly rising.

We are causing this problem ourselves but we're not doing much to change the situation.
    Our future is unclear!

What are your thoughts and opinions on this serious issue?

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Welcome trickster. We cant stop global warming the only thing we can do is to delay the affects. They are never going to make the whole world stop using fossil fuels. It's a terrifying truth that global warming will give huge and dissastarous affects one day.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Was going to happen anyway, natural warming up/cooling down processes of Earth, we've merely managed to speed it up somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Was going to happen anyway, natural warming up/cooling down processes of Earth, we've merely managed to speed it up somewhat.
    Well said. Personally I couldn't give a **** about what happens 200 or more years after I'm dead.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Well said. Personally I couldn't give a **** about what happens 200 or more years after I'm dead.
    Then people are like 'ooh, don't you care about your family in 200 years?'. Well no, the same way my family 200 years ago obviously wouldn't care about me, and lets face it, the Industrial Revolution in Britain pretty much made the whole speeding up thing kick in.

Then people are like 'ooh, don't you care about your family in 200 years?'. Well no, the same way my family 200 years ago obviously wouldn't care about me, and lets face it, the Industrial Revolution in Britain pretty much made the whole speeding up thing kick in.
    Exactly, I doubt too many people will care what their famkily are doing 200 years down the track, especially considering we will all be fertilizing daiseys by then.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    The Earth does heat up and cool down naturally, but nowhere near at the rate it has been thanks to us. It's not a case of us 'speeding it up somewhat,' it's a case of us hugely magnifying the effects of it, thanks (at least in recent times) to people with that kind of short-sighted attitude. It's incredibly selfish for you to enjoy a decent environment we have ATM while ****ing it up for future generations without a care in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    The Earth does heat up and cool down naturally, but nowhere near at the rate it has been thanks to us. It's not a case of us 'speeding it up somewhat,' it's a case of us hugely magnifying the effects of it, thanks (at least in recent times) to people with that kind of short-sighted attitude. It's incredibly selfish for you to enjoy a decent environment we have ATM while ****ing it up for future generations without a care in the world.
    Can't say that I personally am a big contributor to global warming, but I see what you are meaning. The simple fact of the matter is, why should we care? Did people in 1807 care about what was going to happen to us? No, so there is no reason we should care about what is going to happen in 2207.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Figure that i might leave a message telling my future family to not live in Holland, East Anglia, near the sea in general. Then i'll have done my part.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Can't say that I personally am a big contributor to global warming, but I see what you are meaning. The simple fact of the matter is, why should we care? Did people in 1807 care about what was going to happen to us? No, so there is no reason we should care about what is going to happen in 2207.
    But the difference between us and those people in 1807 is that we know pretty accurately what effect our actions are having on the environment and, more importantly, how to solve it. If we (well, governments mainly, I agree with you in that personally we have a fairly insignificant contribution to global warming) choose to ignore the clear warning signs just so we can gain a short-term profit, that's pretty selfish.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Don't be to sure that changes are 200 years away, it's already happening.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    But the difference between us and those people in 1807 is that we know pretty accurately what effect our actions are having on the environment and, more importantly, how to solve it. If we (well, governments mainly, I agree with you in that personally we have a fairly insignificant contribution to global warming) choose to ignore the clear warning signs just so we can gain a short-term profit, that's pretty selfish.
    It can't be solved though, we can just slow it down slightly by destroying America.

There is no way to stop global warming. Its not like we can throw all the fossil fuels away.

It can't be solved though, we can just slow it down slightly by destroying America.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information