Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76

Thread: An Open Letter to James Nixon

  1. #1
    State Vice-Captain yaju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Jalandhar, Punjab, India
    Posts
    1,312

    An Open Letter to James Nixon

    Dear James,

    Some 5 years back, you accepted me as a part of the CW Family. While I had doubt over my skills, you felt that I had it in me to contribute something useful to the site. I was assigned the games section of the site.

    It often happened that months passed with me making no updates on the site. My grammar was poor. I lacked a lot of things. But you kept me on board. Maybe because you had faith in me. Maybe because you believed in me. Maybe because you were extremely kind.

    I left the CW Staff in July 2004 because of college. But I kept visiting CW. I was always interested in knowing about the latest happenings and used to give feedback whenever possible. CW was like a home to me(and it still is).

    On friday, I had job interview for IBM. I had written in my CV that I had a work experience at CW. The first thing that my interviewer asked after looking at my CV was about CW. I told him about CW and the things that I had done. Product Reviews, Feature Articles, Tips, News, User Queries. He asked me about CW and I told him that its a popular site in NZ and Australia, etc..

    The interview continued and other questions were asked.

    An hour later, it was declared that I was selected for IBM.

    James, thank you very much for giving me a chance at CW. I am 20, have a job in IBM. It means a lot to me. And it is because of you. You gave me the chance. You gave me the support. You gave me the opportunity. You gave me the feeling of confidence.

    Thank you for all the things you did for me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for giving me a chance.

    And most importantly, thank you for believing in me....


    Yaju.

    P.S. - For those who are wondering, I didn't tell him about the threads I had started at CW. After all, I had to make sure that I won't be thrown out....
    Yaju
    Self Proclaimed World's Greatest 12th Man.

    I like wasting homo sapiens' time - like the way I wasted yours just now.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5N1p3R j0C|<
    Why are you wasting time your reading others' quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD
    <quack>

  2. #2
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898
    That's awesome.

    Better start getting some work done at CW myself.

  3. #3
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Excellent stuff yaju, great to hear
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,370
    Great stuff Yaju. Congrats
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig


  5. #5
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Haha, YajuIsMyHero.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  6. #6
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,066
    Congratulations yaju.
    RIP Craigos

  7. #7
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    So will you be giving a percentage of your salary to James, in repayment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

    Is Cam White, Is Good.

  8. #8
    State Vice-Captain Right arm fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dunedin,New Zealand
    Posts
    1,415
    great work yaju good luck at your new job
    CW Red

  9. #9
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by yaju View Post
    Dear James,

    Some 5 years back, you accepted me as a part of the CW Family. While I had doubt over my skills, you felt that I had it in me to contribute something useful to the site. I was assigned the games section of the site.

    It often happened that months passed with me making no updates on the site. My grammar was poor. I lacked a lot of things. But you kept me on board. Maybe because you had faith in me. Maybe because you believed in me. Maybe because you were extremely kind.

    I left the CW Staff in July 2004 because of college. But I kept visiting CW. I was always interested in knowing about the latest happenings and used to give feedback whenever possible. CW was like a home to me(and it still is).

    On friday, I had job interview for IBM. I had written in my CV that I had a work experience at CW. The first thing that my interviewer asked after looking at my CV was about CW. I told him about CW and the things that I had done. Product Reviews, Feature Articles, Tips, News, User Queries. He asked me about CW and I told him that its a popular site in NZ and Australia, etc..

    The interview continued and other questions were asked.

    An hour later, it was declared that I was selected for IBM.

    James, thank you very much for giving me a chance at CW. I am 20, have a job in IBM. It means a lot to me. And it is because of you. You gave me the chance. You gave me the support. You gave me the opportunity. You gave me the feeling of confidence.

    Thank you for all the things you did for me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for giving me a chance.

    And most importantly, thank you for believing in me....


    Yaju.

    P.S. - For those who are wondering, I didn't tell him about the threads I had started at CW. After all, I had to make sure that I won't be thrown out....
    Haha, they are of CW folklore

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    So will you be giving a percentage of your salary to James, in repayment?
    Maybe he had something else in mind
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,605
    Anyone else got a tear in the eye after reading that?


    No? Must just be me then.

  11. #11
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Anyone else got a tear in the eye after reading that?


    No? Must just be me then.
    T'was very touching indeed, can't say I got quite to that level though.

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Haha, awesome stuff yaju.

    And I'm surprised to hear you're only 20. Never thought you were younger than me.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    11,113
    Yaju, congratulations. What a gun he is.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

    Manager of South Australia (WCC)

    Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

  14. #14
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    23,647
    Well done Yaju - many congrats

  15. #15
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,074
    Well done Yaju.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

    -Tolstoy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Paul Nixon
    By tooextracool in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 22-02-2007, 10:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •