Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Pitbulls be eradicated?

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    I train dogs for a living, and I have trained many, many pitbulls. 99% will lick you to death, and I have never been bitten by a pitbull in 16 years.

The problems I get them for are things like jumping up and jumping fences and pulling on the lead etc.

All dogs can bite, and I think you will find that pitbulls do not bite anymore then any other breed.

The problem is the owners (very small number) and not the breed, the thing with pitbulls is when they fight they tend to fight to the death, so are quite easy to turn into a fighting dog.

But lets be honest which animal is destroying the earth and kills more people then any dog could ever manage?
    You know it makes sense.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    what does awta stand for? (excuse my ignorance)
    Agree with the above

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Cats > Dogs lets face it.
    They're certainly lower maintenance.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    They're certainly lower maintenance.
    I compare it to the difference between kids and teenagers. Dogs constantly want attention, always up to something. Cats pretend they don't want attention, sleep a lot but still want attention really when they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Agree with the above
    ta. Thought it might have been this AWTA

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    What? Absolutely not. I had a pitbull and it was the sweetest dog I've ever owned.

I dont have a dog now, but if I were to get another one, it would definitely be a pit bull. Pit bulls are not human aggressive. They are animal aggressive. They were bred to fight other dogs, and if you have other pets, I wouldn't really recommend pit bulls. If pit bulls attack people, that is usually because of improper upbringing. Well adjusted and properly trained dogs do not attack other people. My dog wouldn't harm ANYONE, and in fact loved kids....because he was trained properly from a puppy stage.

There are two problems with pit bulls:

1. Puppy mills - these are folks who just breed pit bulls to sell them, and not pay attention to proper breeding methods. The dogs from there (all dogs, not just pit bulls) are aggressive, un-adjusted and usually spell trouble. To buy a puppy, you have to go to a reputable breeder, a lot of whom do it because it's a hobby, not a business.
    2. God Complex owners - These people try to make up for other shortcomings by making their poor little dogs vicious. They abuse the poor animals and make them aggressive, or neglect them, or sometimes actually train them to fight or attack people because they think it makes them cool. These people should be rounded up and sent to jail.

A properly trained dog (any type of dog, with perhaps the Bully Kutta as the only exception) will not attack humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    What? Absolutely not. I had a pitbull and it was the sweetest dog I've ever owned.

I dont have a dog now, but if I were to get another one, it would definitely be a pit bull. Pit bulls are not human aggressive. They are animal aggressive. They were bred to fight other dogs, and if you have other pets, I wouldn't really recommend pit bulls. If pit bulls attack people, that is usually because of improper upbringing. Well adjusted and properly trained dogs do not attack other people. My dog wouldn't harm ANYONE, and in fact loved kids....because he was trained properly from a puppy stage.

There are two problems with pit bulls:

1. Puppy mills - these are folks who just breed pit bulls to sell them, and not pay attention to proper breeding methods. The dogs from there (all dogs, not just pit bulls) are aggressive, un-adjusted and usually spell trouble. To buy a puppy, you have to go to a reputable breeder, a lot of whom do it because it's a hobby, not a business.
    2. God Complex owners - These people try to make up for other shortcomings by making their poor little dogs vicious. They abuse the poor animals and make them aggressive, or neglect them, or sometimes actually train them to fight or attack people because they think it makes them cool. These people should be rounded up and sent to jail.

A properly trained dog (any type of dog, with perhaps the Bully Kutta as the only exception) will not attack humans.
    Pitbulls are just as bad as Bully Kutta's imo

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Pitbulls are just as bad as Bully Kutta's imo
    Nope, completely different breed with a completely different temperment and used for completely different purposes. It's really apples and oranges.

Even bully kuttas can be fine if owned by the right owner, but with them you just have to have an experienced owner and not just anyone who wants a big dog for some macho reason.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/bullykutta/che1.jpg

Not for just anyone..though I've never even seen one live so all I have to go by what other people say.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 03-05-2007 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Cats > Dogs lets face it.
    Nah, > .

End of story.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    I hate to point this out saggers, but "dog" and "cat" are pretty much in the first Spelling 101 class at primary school. I'm disappointed you still haven't mastered them

I was always a 'special' child.

Don
    ive owend 3 pitbulls in my life. two females and one male. had them from a few weeks old and its my experience that once they are shown the right love and care they are probably one of the most loyal caring loving dogs. my current pitbul magnum can be agressive when it comes to his food but other than that he is just a big playful guy. and also i dunno if this is shown in any other pitbulls. but magnum is like this super relaxed dog. its like he smokes weed all day and in the night hallucinates. he wud just lay around lazily all day and in the night stare down the drain pipe unmovingly. but he is sooo cute dont see how anyone cud not like em.
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    ive owend 3 pitbulls in my life. two females and one male. had them from a few weeks old and its my experience that once they are shown the right love and care they are probably one of the most loyal caring loving dogs. my current pitbul magnum can be agressive when it comes to his food but other than that he is just a big playful guy. and also i dunno if this is shown in any other pitbulls. but magnum is like this super relaxed dog. its like he smokes weed all day and in the night hallucinates. he wud just lay around lazily all day and in the night stare down the drain pipe unmovingly. but he is sooo cute dont see how anyone cud not like em.
    The dangers of passive smoking

They're banned here in QLD because of numerous attacks on humans involving pitbulls. AFAIC though the owners should take a fair share of the blame for not keeping control of their pets (leaving gates open etc.) when they know they have an aggressive dog wether it be because they've trained them that way, or that the dog has a naturally aggressive nature. So no i wouldn't eradicate them.

FWIW, i think that Pitbulls & Staffys are 2 of the ugliest breeds of dogs, and would never consider owning one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

It's funny how politicians seem to miss that bit (it is people who train the dogs to be agressive, not the other way around and are indirectly responsible) with regards to what Clapo and archie have said.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information