Cricket Player Manager

Thread: windows vista

windows vista

if i am running xp, i play alot of games on pc....if i am going to upgrade to vista will the games that run on xp be compatable with vista.

so fm07 for example, on the side of the game it says operating system needed to work, windows xp, me 200 and 98......it doesnt show vista but will it work with vista....

cheers guys!
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy View Post
    if i am running xp, i play alot of games on pc....if i am going to upgrade to vista will the games that run on xp be compatable with vista.

so fm07 for example, on the side of the game it says operating system needed to work, windows xp, me 200 and 98......it doesnt show vista but will it work with vista....

cheers guys!
    I only upgraded to Vista with a new computer, i wouldnt upgrade an old computer, it has given me nothing but trouble. So many things arent working its not funny. My advice is stick with XP, its good enough.

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    I think i read that fm isnt compatable with Vista so
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    I got it with my new computer. Its all right for just browsing the internet and playing music, but it can get a bit annoying whn installing games or any prgrams tbh. Keeps asking for Admin Authorisation when you do anything. Might not annoy some people but it annoys me!!
    Where's my money?

Loada rubbish, no point upgrading out of date hardware, as probably end up not being compatible with Vista software! Many programs arn't compatible with it either!
    Proud to be a Colt!

M Hopgood: Followed up his debut century with a half century. Most likely the most impressive begin to a List A career by a Colts batsman in their history. In fantastic form at the moment, and will look to transfer that form into the first class arena. 8/10

cpr
    Mums laptops got Vista, and well it looks all puretty n such, its actually not all that jazzy. I find it quite cumbersome, and not very user friendly. I'd say i know more about OS's than the average PC user, and if i'm finding it too fiddly and akward to customise then hows Joe bloggs gonna manage (as i'm finding out when my mum whinges every 5 minutes for help...... not that her names Joe Bloggs mind, that'd just be wrong)

Personally i'm going to stick with XP till at least the final quater of this year, probably more like Q1-Q2 2008, because the benifits just arnt there to change at the moment
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Pinball Champion!
    1/ Make sure you have a newish system, or at least a lot of ram.. I've got it installed on my laptop and desktop, and am enjoying using it..
    2/ If you are getting a new graphics card, get one that is DX10 compatible
    3/ It's a bit hit and miss as far as games go.. Make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers from your manufacturer..

Works :
    Cricket 2007
    FIFA 2007
    CounterStrike 1.6
    Call of Duty : United Offensive (only with latest drivers) THANK GOD!!
    Track Mania Nations (with Vista Starforce Patch)
    Brian Lara Cricket 2005 (with Vista Starforce Patch)
    Brian Lara Cricket 2007

Doesn't Work
    Worms Armageddon
    Call of Duty 2
    Battlefield 2142
    Battlefield 1942
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCC_legend View Post
    I got it with my new computer. Its all right for just browsing the internet and playing music, but it can get a bit annoying whn installing games or any prgrams tbh. Keeps asking for Admin Authorisation when you do anything. Might not annoy some people but it annoys me!!
    Don't ask me how, but you can turn that off.. Google search or something..

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Not sure how you could think Vista isnt user-friendly.. theres a few difficulties but overall its not that different to XP, and im pretty much a joanne bloggs.

The software not being compatible is more of an issue for me. SketchUp doesnt work at all, and the hacks that make it havent made a version for vista. Also only AutoCAD 2007 works, not anything before that which is also a pain in the rear end.

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

Windows Vista

Microsoft has promised the “largest upgrade since Windows 95” in Windows Vista. In this article we take a look at build 5270, which will probably be one of the last intermediate releases (this one is actually labeled Beta 2 on the desktop) before the “feature complete” Beta 2 release. In this article we will look at what this upgrade means in real terms by comparing it with the venerable Windows XP.

DISCLAIMER: Windows Vista Build 5270 is a Community Technology Preview, and will be subject to change (obviously) prior to final release.

If you are considering downloading and installing Vista, we would recommend waiting for Beta 2. Although 5270 is fairly stable, it can be a bit rough around the edges. Bugs abound and many programs refuse to install (Napster, for example) due to software version checks.

The Start Menu

Start

The start menu has evolved in Vista. At any time one can type search words, resulting in Search-As-You-Type functionality. This search leverages the broader search functions built into Vista. It functions in a very similar fashion to the MSN Desktop Search deskbar - but is integrated directly into the Start Menu. It is actually quite useful, and newly created documents appear to get indexed almost immediately. For example, after copying some Word documents into the Documents folder, they were available for search immediately. Since the start menu can be activated with the start button, one can actually perform a search and select a search result, all without touching the mouse or opening any new windows. Quite slick. Pressing enter opens a full search results window.

Another change in the Vista start menu is the "All Programs," section. In Windows XP the All Programs list can become very unwieldy when you have more than ten programs. In Vista the programs list simply scrolls within the Start Menu like so:

All Programs

Folders toggle open and closed with a single click. When I first heard about this, it sounded like a horrible idea. But after actually using it, I can say that it is actually a significant improvement over the dreaded 3-column-wide All Programs list from XP. It is augmented by the fact that the search function is always available, meaning if you can't find a particular program - say Notepad - you can simply type 'Notepad' and all of the matching items, including start menu shortcuts, will appear.

The start button now also has a power button in it (seen bottom right) which by default installs any pending updates and then puts the computer in sleep mode (button presses wake it up). Also available is a Lock button which performs the Lock function available in XP when pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and the welcome screen disabled. Other power-related functions are also available via a popup menu.

just a brief comparison i picked up, windows still seem to rate it above XP despite the final version not being release yet!

Quote Originally Posted by DCC_legend View Post
    You wally. You can turn this off in the control panel. User settings I think. Its called "user account control" or UAC

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy1987 View Post
    just a brief comparison i picked up, windows still seem to rate it above XP despite the final version not being release yet!
    eh, its been out since January.. I actually bought a genuine copy

Thread Information