Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teachers and tests

Teachers and tests

I'm in year 6 in my school.And my SATS are coming up.And all the teachers are taking like a battle to death.But what do you think about them?
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I'll be very interested to see what people have to say in thread.

I was a supply teacher in London from January-March and I have to say a lot of the students will have trouble on their SATS.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Personally I found school very easy so I don't know if I can help you. But as long as you go into them confident, then chances are you will do well.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Pinball Champion!
    I think I got 100%, then I got moved to a school that didn't take them..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Too old to have done them.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    I have so much stress atm because of all my assingments i just fell ahhhhhhhhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

International Coach
    SATs are pointless from your point of view, you actually have no motivation to do well in them, obviously it reflects badly on the school if everyone does badly though.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    Just about to do my AS levels in about 1 and a half months. Teachers harping on at us about revision and work etc. Have yet to start any revision at home, but in school were sort of covering all the stuff i need to. Probably starting next week, doubtful though. Quite lazy when it comes to coursework, homework and revision.
    Where's my money?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    I think I got 100%, then I got moved to a school that didn't take them..
    Don't all schools do them?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    The bottom line is that while you're doing any sort of exams - SATs, GCSEs, A Levels, Uni first year exams - you think they're the be all and end all, and that you need to get good grades in them or it'll affect your future. That's true, but once you've done them you always look back on what a piece of cake they were.

It's important not to get too stressed about exams early on, because the truth is it's only going to get harder, and if you continue to get more stressed as that happens then it's not gonna do you any good.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Im doing my HSC and not even stressed. Settle down
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Not all schools take them only schools which are tied to government bodies, which have to take external exams such as sats, gcses etc. Whereas many private schools offer exams at the equivalent of these grades but Sats are not compulsary unlike GCSE's or equivalent. (NVQ etc) I got Level 6 in al three of my SATs papers at KS2, and to be honest they have no reflection on your career, just which level you go to at secondary school (level, sets, grades etc) PS Found school easy but couldn't be bothered to do coursework and that kinda thing!!
    Proud to be a Colt!

M Hopgood: Followed up his debut century with a half century. Most likely the most impressive begin to a List A career by a Colts batsman in their history. In fantastic form at the moment, and will look to transfer that form into the first class arena. 8/10

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    SATs are there so schools have an idea what sort of GCSEs and A Levels you're going to get, plus there's a MidYis test thing as well that some do and most don't. I did spectactularly well in the MidYis thing and then showed the flaws in the system with my lack of work ethic.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    SATs are there to make league tables out of. Purely and simply and for no other possible reason.

They make a horrible mess of the year six curriculum - particularly in the first half of the summer term. We should be outside as much as possible, getting into being part of the world and developing holistically, not working through bloody booklets on "Fire: Friend or Foe?". All that teaches you is how to answer question papers, and whilst that's something you'll be doing for the rest of your school life, it's not something that has any relevance post 16.

Unfortunately, as teachers, our schools and therefore ourselves get judged on them so we have to keep banging it in to you, whether we like it or not.

As for Mr Hopgood, that post isn't even Level 6 English...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    I think they're pointless but i hate it when people complain about all the stress they're put under preparing for exams, i mean, who's making you work, the government or yourself?

If you were smart enough and learnt the work in the first place you don't need to revise and if not then so what, they don't matter anyway.

the exams themselves are a bit gay aswell, my year had to write a short story with the premise of a kid waiting in a queue to buy a video game, that was it.

How the hell is a stupid kid meant to write a story about that? Quite unfair i thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information