Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Style...

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    You're lucky it's black, generally black hoody would indicate metalhead as opposed to chav, regardless of the brand on it. Either way, expensive hoodies are even worse, one of the key principles of chavvism is that all clothes and jewellery must look expensive whilst actually being cheap and tacky.
    Actually a survey showed that the clothes chavs were are generally more expensive than those of normal people. This is down to economics theory, chavs get the wealth effect, as soon as they get money they spend it straight away on expensive clothes, thus showing a sign of wealth. Which actually they dont have. This is also know as instant gratification.
    Proudly supporting pink bat grips

The best FC player in the dev league

189 on debut

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_A55 View Post
    Actually a survey showed that the clothes chavs were are generally more expensive than those of normal people. This is down to economics theory, chavs get the wealth effect, as soon as they get money they spend it straight away on expensive clothes, thus showing a sign of wealth. Which actually they dont have. This is also know as instant gratification.
    A-Level Economics student, eh? So was I.

A-Level Economics student, eh? So was I.
    Sure am, Are you doing it at Uni?

Sure am, Are you doing it at Uni?
    Nope, liked it at AS Level but hated A2. Got so much harder. Doing French at Uni now.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Nope, liked it at AS Level but hated A2. Got so much harder. Doing French at Uni now.
    Haha, French, we have to take that here through grades 4 to 9... Hated it... So boringggg, made me fall asleep. And all I remember is Bonjour, Merci, and a few swear words which I learned from the french immersion kids.

cpr
    Interesting theory, but has a fundemental flaw.

You seriously think they actually pay for any of there clothes? 90% stolen, 10% market knock offs of the real thing.

Having worked in enough Chav-targetted shops (USC sell Henri Lloyd and Lacoste, its like Chavvy Mecca), i know how much gets stolen, and how easy it is
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Haha, French, we have to take that here through grades 4 to 9... Hated it... So boringggg, made me fall asleep. And all I remember is Bonjour, Merci, and a few swear words which I learned from the french immersion kids.
    French = gun language.

Breakout Champion!
    My usual attire is an old tatty pair of Adidas trainers, jeans, t-shirt - more often than not plain black, and leather jacket. The flat cap sometimes accompanies.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Hoodies dont have to be chavvy, i wear a black G-star hoody all the time, it looks too expensive to be chavvy
    I live in my navy blue hoodie and jeans.

I've gone to class before with nothing on underneath.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Interesting theory, but has a fundemental flaw.

You seriously think they actually pay for any of there clothes? 90% stolen, 10% market knock offs of the real thing.

Having worked in enough Chav-targetted shops (USC sell Henri Lloyd and Lacoste, its like Chavvy Mecca), i know how much gets stolen, and how easy it is
    Maybe some are stolen, I'm not aware of crime figures. Perhaps the theory dosent apply to stolen merchandise

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Band t-shirts or sports related shirts and blue jeans as my usual attire. Dark dress pants and shirts with cool designs (no matter what brand) when I'm out.
    RIP Craigos

cpr
    I would say that a significant proportion of the clothes worn by chavs are either

A) Directly stolen by themselves, or by others on their behalf
    B) Bought from someone knowing full well they are not legitimate (eg a market stall or someone in the pub etc)
    C) Counterfeit clothes. (sounds odd saying counterfeit and not meaning money, but it still applies)

Having worked in such places, i've seen the numbers of want to be shoplifters, and professional theives, who do this, and its huge. Given i worked in the Trafford Centre, it was a thieves paradise. If we got through a day without finding 10 broken off tags hidden around the store, then it was a good day. Thats not including those who sneaked it all out in foil lined bags (stopping the need to rip the tag off, as the foil, well, foiled, the alarms), those we detterred through security, and those we caught in the act. I've seen a security video of a group of 4 who hit Selfridges for half an hour, just clearing thousands of pounds worth of stock out.... Half an hour sounds like a long time shoplifting in one shop, but thats how good they were at it, first time i saw the video i wasnt told who the shoplifters were, took me 20 minutes to guess.

So yeah, the clothes are more valuable, but some are stolen, so cost little to nothing, and the money they saved on the stolen stuff can be put towards buying expensive stuff. (like trainers... absolute nightmare to steal.)

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    I have one pair of jeans, 1 pair of tracky bottoms, quite a few random t-shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of asics trainers and a grey hoody.

That's basicaly all i wear.

Pinball Champion!
    Bench
    Billabong
    Quicksilver
    O'Neill
    RipCurl
    Canterbury (rugby jerseys )
    Etnies
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 07-04-2007 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information