6 11.11%
  • Cricket Web XI Football

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best board on CW?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

What's the best board on CW?

Hello all,

Lately I have found myself visiting OT first when I log onto CW, this is in spite of a large proportion of its population proclaiming it to be dire. I've actually found it quite interesting of late tbh.

I have of late, made more of CW I reckon. I've signed up for the dev league, and generally post round the boards a bit more, whic means in theory there's always new posts for me to look at.

The results will probably be skewed, becauses if I posted this in CC that would win, but still, I find it interesting that an OT forum winds up being so popular. It was the same when I posted at a GNR forum, 2TI, which is probably what prompted me to make this thread tbh. It's like, people come to the site through a common interest, and then find there's much more to life to discuss. Or whatever. Anyway, thoughts?

Please note that subforums have not been included, nor have temporary forums like the WC board. If TF is your favourite, vote Site Discussion, if WC is your fave, vote CC.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Overall OT>CC for the time I've been here, although I enjoy CC alot more these days. Probably should vote for General Sports Forum as I might have inadvertently led the charge for its creation , but nah Cricket Chat it is.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

PY
    BT forum rocks.

Otherwise I'd probably say CC is more interesting as it is what I'm here for.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I've alwasys sorta thought that being CricketWeb, then the Cricket Chat Forum is kinda the main point. I mean, that's not to say if CC ceased to exist I'd stop coming here, sort of, but IMO the site loses it's raison d'etre without it.

I actually enjoy SD a fair bit, especially when interesting stuff is being discussed, and there's some stuff in OT that's always a good read (though it took me 8 months to start posting in here).

Have never posted in CH or BC, never played WCC, Pred Lg, Fantasy Cricket, etc. I was involved in CWXI for a time, and I think it's a thoroughly enjoyable part of CW, which the community would be massively lesser without. I can't remember the last time I posted in the forum, but I often give it a quick scan to find-out how everyone's doing. I'm not sure I'll ever be involved again, I tend to spend too much time on the rest of the site (and will likely do even more so having joined the Staff - that Liam can run the thing as well as be a full-fledged Staff Member, plus active participant and Mod in most of the other forums, is little short of astounding) but as I say - there are an amazing number of members who only post in there.

TF, really, is just an extended OT with slightly more relaxed rules as regards spamming. There's a few funny things that go on in there, tho, TBH.

I've never yet posted in GSF, either. And Cricket Mail is virtually the same thing as SD - just a place for loose enquiries around an aspect of the site. It's never exactly been buzzing!

An idea for a way to get a slightly more scientific survey, BTW, Martyn, would be to post a link to this poll in CC, CWXI and WCC.

IMO, however, Staff > all other forums.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    CC. OT varies a bit, but there's long periods where it's almost unreadable. Not too bad the last week or two, probably the pinnacle post-bannings.

CC's a bit dire at times, but it's the main function of the forum for mine, and it makes any match more enjoyable to be able to discuss it there. Most of our posters are very good.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

TF at its peak was the best, but now OT is my favourite I guess.

I enjoy the series/tournament threads in CC though.

Rich, you've changed your avatar?!

I have indeed. Novelty inflatable hammers are probably preferable to Muse for most. Because honestly, who dislikes inflatable hammers?

Pinball Champion!
    OT for me, I reckon 90% of my posts are in here, and it used to be even better when we could talk about sports in here.. Not as dire at the moment as it has been.. I prefer to stay away from CC
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    I have indeed. Novelty inflatable hammers are probably preferable to Muse for most. Because honestly, who dislikes inflatable hammers?
    After I received a gift of 200 of them at one birthday party a while back, me!

Oh I see. Goodness. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    OT for me, I reckon 90% of my posts are in here, and it used to be even better when we could talk about sports in here.. Not as dire at the moment as it has been.. I prefer to stay away from CC
    You must surely be the biggest CC poster who claims he doesn't like the place. Though Hakon's not a hell of a long way behind.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Oh I see. Goodness. My apologies.
    Haha, it's no problem mate, I was only joking about disliking them. The thing was great fun, TBH.

That's good, because I wasn't planning on changing it anyway TBH.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Don't mind Site Discussion really, especially if there is a good discussion going on like Richard said. Overall, CC is better than OT for me but I'm not considering the World Cup forum to be part of CC though, it's general crapability would make me vote OT.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information