Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about where you life thread.

Talk about where you life thread.

Well I made this so that you can talk about where you life.Anyway Liverpool is one of the best places in the world, because two cathedrals two football grounds;and it's right by the river Mersey.Your turn.
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

International Vice-Captain
    I live in a house.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    Well I made this so that you can talk about where you life.Anyway Liverpool is one of the best places in the world, because two cathedrals two football grounds;and it's right by the river Mersey.Your turn.
    The other side of the river is better mate

Liverpool is a fine city though. When it's dark, and I'm going home at night, it really does look beautiful when I look across. The two cathedrals tower behind a waterfront that's getting better and better

I live in a council flat, above an absolute **** who I despise (see the grind my gears thread about 7/8 weeks ago if you're really interested). Moving in less than two weeks to my own house. Woohoo, can't wait. All in all, I love Wirral, wouldn't live anywhere else in England.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The other side of the river is better mate

Liverpool is a fine city though. When it's dark, and I'm going home at night, it really does look beautiful when I look across. The two cathedrals tower behind a waterfront that's getting better and better

I live in a council flat, above an absolute **** who I despise (see the grind my gears thread about 7/8 weeks ago if you're really interested). Moving in less than two weeks to my own house. Woohoo, can't wait. All in all, I love Wirral, wouldn't live anywhere else in England.
    It's what being a European City of Culture does, basically a grandiose term for paying particular attention on one city's regeneration for a year rather than actual cultural aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Pinball Champion!
    I life in South Africa's smallest city called Grahamstown in South Africa's Eastern Cape.. I'm between Port Elizabeth and Johannesburg on the N2 highway, on a ridge about 1,000 metres above sea level, which gives us some very weird weather all year around...

It's a university town, which is dominated by Rhodes University and it's various spin-offs... However, being a long way from urban centres means we have quite a poor rural population.. In fact, its one of the poorest municipalities in South Africa, and borders on to one of the old Apartheid homelands called the Transkei..

The town is built on a grid system around our Cathedral, which is losely based on Salisbury Cathedral in England.. Its an overwhelmingly English city, with English named streets.. Quite a quaint place, its still very very colonial, with the old buildings and guys from the township still call you "Master" as you walk past..You could still be in 1948 if you looked away from the Volkswagen showroom..

We have a few decent cricket grounds, mainly centered around the Campus and Four private schools in the city.

I think the only people of note to have emerged from here are Ian Smith, former leader of Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) and a few Soccer World Cup referees who will be of note when the Portugese roll into town

Anyway, its a bit of a bubble here, we're in the middle of nowhere and the nearest place of note is Port Elizabeth which is a long drive away. The nearest beaches are about 100km away. Other than that, I'm happy here, its relitively safe and the people are friendly, if a bit simple

Last edited by Langeveldt; 19-03-2007 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I live a place called Ilkley (or Ben Rhydding), which is in god's own county Yorskhire

This is the Cow & Calf rocks, up on the moor where Ilkley is most famous for.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Stratford-upon-Avon

Everyone's heard of it, everyone seems to have been there once. Needs no introduction.

A street, not the main street but still one of the biggest ones.

'The' Birthplace

See the chapel? I had upper school assemblies in that building.

The main street, the end of which is at the white building in the centre background. Interestingly it also has the bit of wall where i spent most of my saturdays as a teenager in the left foreground under the tree.

Chipping Campden

Where the school i went to 6th form is. Pretty much a stereotypical 'olde worlde' Cotswold place. Loads of pubs, tend to go here rather than Stratford when i go out.

Lower Quinton

My village, a quick google gives many results about a witchcraft murder.

International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    I live in a Small town in Northern Ireland called Donaghadee. It has around 6500 people. Theres not a shocking amount to do here tbh.

You could go to one of the 7 pubs, one of which being the oldest in ireland. There are several restaurants, but they're not that good tbh, i would have the odd meal, but if i had a choice between one here and one in Bangor (the neighbouring town and 2nd largest in Northern Ireland) i would obviously choose to go to Bangor.

There are a few sports club, Namely the Cricket and the Rugby Club, both of which are reasonably succesful for the size of the town. The rugby club in particular participating in the Kukri Qualifying league (basically the 3rd division in All-Ireland Rugby) The Cricket club is coming on steadily, with many younger players making it much more competitive, not just for the young but also for the older players!! There is also a Tennis Club, Bowls Club and Darts Team. There are a few amateur football teams, but they are pretty bad.

I am currently playing for the cricket club and the rugby club. In the cricket i float between the 1sts, 2nds and 3rds but it is mainly the 3rds due to my unbelievably poor batting, my bowling is good though!
    Played for the Rugby Club U16s last year, but have not found the passion for it this season, but i am hoping to push for the Club 2nds next season having started some training with the men.

Thats pretty much my Town!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Where's my money?

Breakout Champion!
    I life in St Helens, which some might say is in Meeerseyside, England. I personally prefer Lancashire, which is a real county.

St Helens is best known for being home of the Rugby League World Club Champions St Helens RLFC, Pilkington plc, world famous glass manufacturers and inventors of float glass, Greenall's brewery and Beechams pharmaceutical company. The town's only historical significance is that of being a significant centre for Coal mining and Glassmaking during the 19th and first half of the 20th centuries.

St Helens has produced few people of note, aside from in the field of rugby league, where legendary names such as Alex Murphy, Eric Ashton, Alf Ellaby and Dougie Greenall hail from the town. One exception is Richard Seddon, who went on to become the 15th Prime Minister of New Zealand.

St Helens is widely regarded as a **** hole, but I like it.

Beechams tower

Random mining monument we have.

The "World of Glass" museum. Dedicated to glass. Possibly the direst idea in history.

Aerial view of Knowsley Road, home of the town's world famous rugby team, plus my house, highlighted by the red arrow.
    Last edited by steds; 19-03-2007 at 01:41 PM.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    I personally prefer Lancashire, which is a real county.
    Pull the other one mate

Squirrel Soccer Champion!
    Once I start gushing about Nottingham, I cannot stop. Nottingham, and Nottighamshire, Is the best place in the world.
    This Weeks Samit Patel Fact - Has been mentioned in 32 of my posts

The Rifles - Whats your verdict? www.myspace.com/therifles

Winner of Cricket Webs Shane Warne Award - 4-11th Feb

RIP Mr Woolmer, We are all poorer for your loss.

International Coach
    Hockley is where I currently live, Writtle (birthplace of radio and all that) is where I used to live.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

I live in Honiton in East Devon. The town itself is pretty crap. It's famous for making lace but that is about it. It has a very long high street which is where everything is. There's one nightclub, a dire place called "The Pit Club", a few takeaways and a few pubs. There are lots of chavs. It's not the most vibrant or exciting place. A large percentage of the population is 60+, and Honiton is the fourth-safest Conservative seat in the country. Honiton has cricket, football and rugby clubs. The cricket club is decent standard but has a terrible ground and i've never played for them. The football club makes grandiose statements, but is actually pretty dreadful. The rugby club is very good standard and plays in a good regional league.

The best thing about living in Devon isn't the towns, it is the countryside. It's unbeatable, really. Honiton is sandwiched between two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Blackdown Hills (which is where my cricket club is) and East Devon. I love cycling up and down the hills and looking out over the valleys in summer. There are lots of good country pubs and picturesque views.

Thing is there are advantages and disadvantages to living in Devon. Yeah, it's gorgeous, but it's also quite poor, backward and ignorant, ignored by the government and full of tourists and old people. People think it's all sheep and cows and rolling green fields but I've seen and heard of some pretty dark stuff going on. There's real social deprivation in some areas tourists don't go to. However, it's one of the better bits of England.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

International Vice-Captain
    Sutton Coldfield. Kinda dull, but it'll do.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomm NCCC View Post
    Once I start gushing about Nottingham, I cannot stop. Nottingham, and Nottighamshire, Is the best place in the world.
    Ive never had anything but a good time whenever Ive been to Nottingham
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information