Thread: The Beautiful Nature of Kerala

Cricket Spectator

Icon14 The Beautiful Nature of Kerala

The inflow of tourists to Kerala has been increasing tremendously for the last few years because of the word of mouth publicity of the travelers who had experienced the Kerala Tour. Tourists to the State have repeatedly visited Kerala as they fall in love with the beautiful nature and culture of this land.

An inevitable component of a Kerala Tour is a cruise through its serene backwaters. The state’s palm-fringed backwaters are inland lakes connected by a network of canals. With 41 west-flowing rivers, the backwaters stretch to almost 1900 kilometers. The backwater routes date back over the centuries and have long been used for all transportation needs – in particular for the transport and trade of coconut, rubber, rice and spices. Today, these waterways link remote villages and islands to the mainland and nerve centers of the coastal area.

The largest backwater stretch is the Vembanad Lake, which opens out into the sea at the Kochi port and flows through the districts of Alappuzha, Kottayam and Kochi. The Ashtamudi Lake has eight arms covering a major portion of Kollam district in the south and is the second largest lake in the State.

Whether by kettuvellams (houseboats) or a simple vallom, the experience of gliding through the backwaters is an experience that is undeniably unforgettable.
    Last edited by vic_orthdox; 16-03-2007 at 02:27 AM.

Pictures?
    Sounds nice though

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    I've heard a bit about Kerala - supposedly the most successful 'communist' regime in the world. That's to say, despite poverty comparatively worse to even the rest of India, they actually have a longer life-expectancy, better education, more gender equality etc. etc...
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Quote Originally Posted by NickPeggy View Post
    The inflow of tourists to Kerala has been increasing tremendously for the last few years because of the word of mouth publicity of the travelers who had experienced the Kerala Tour. Tourists to the State have repeatedly visited Kerala as they fall in love with the beautiful nature and culture of this land.

An inevitable component of a Kerala Tour is a cruise through its serene backwaters. The state’s palm-fringed backwaters are inland lakes connected by a network of canals. With 41 west-flowing rivers, the backwaters stretch to almost 1900 kilometers. The backwater routes date back over the centuries and have long been used for all transportation needs – in particular for the transport and trade of coconut, rubber, rice and spices. Today, these waterways link remote villages and islands to the mainland and nerve centers of the coastal area.

The largest backwater stretch is the Vembanad Lake, which opens out into the sea at the Kochi port and flows through the districts of Alappuzha, Kottayam and Kochi. The Ashtamudi Lake has eight arms covering a major portion of Kollam district in the south and is the second largest lake in the State.

Whether by kettuvellams (houseboats) or a simple vallom, the experience of gliding through the backwaters is an experience that is undeniably unforgettable.

Welcome to cricket web anyway
    Last edited by PY; 16-03-2007 at 05:52 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    Welcome to cricket web anyway
    Haha. You realise this is spam, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Haha. You realise this is spam, right?
    C'mon, I tried...

This thread can go to Kerala.

*gone-skis*

PY
    You forgot the links in the quote Jack....worst mod ever.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Thread Information