Page 502 of 634 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 9506
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What do you look like? Pt III

  1. #7516
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm a **** to everyone Ben, get used to it.
    I was using you as an example of the majority. It doesn't mean that you're relevant.

  2. #7517
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    There lie they, and here lie we, Under the spreading chestnut tree
    Posts
    38,317
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdu_ben91 View Post
    I was using you as an example of the majority. It doesn't mean that you're relevant.
    Better learn how to cite relevant sources Laddy.

  3. #7518
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,945
    It has taken me a huge amount of self restraint to not post the emoticon to any of the preceeding posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  4. #7519
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    38,847
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdu_ben91 View Post

    Laughing at someone's post is just a sly way of calling someone an idiot. Especially when it's pretty obvious that they are not joking.
    If you're going to be saying things that many people find either offensive or illogical, then you have to be prepared for that response. No one has censored you, but that does not mean that people must operate under the premise that all opinions are equally worthy of consideration. Sometimes, people just find them ignorant or misguided. If you disagree, that's fine, and you are welcome to state your case (or not).

    If I say something that is stupid in the opinion of many, I expect to be laughed at. If I don't like it, I can not say it, or have conviction in my argument to try to convince them otherwise. If you feel you have been personally abused, that is a violation of forum rules, and I would suggest you report the post in question. I promise that we'll discuss it, and there are plenty of other moderators (who are not involved in the discussion, along with James), who will make that determination.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing


  5. #7520
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    38,847
    And I'll reiterate again (last time), not to call out specific posters here please. Let's end it. I will delete any further posts of that nature in this thread.

  6. #7521
    U19 Debutant profernity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    in ven with men
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnn View Post
    cricket a game needing improvement
    introduce a all new format instead of odi
    pro 35
    35 overs a side
    16 ovs powerplay
    14 ovs spinplay(continous spin)
    5 ovs freeplay
    match not more dan 4hrs of length
    i hv many more ideas to make cricket more popular

    so plsss employ me at Rs 40000 pm contact me Arnab at 919434956156 or email

    What a brilliant non-sequitur.
    "The absolute worst thing anyone could say about you is that you were a selfish, moral blank, whose lazy cynicism and sneering, ironic take on the world encapsulates everything wrong with a generation. But you, my friend, are not evil."

  7. #7522
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    If you're going to be saying things that many people find either offensive or illogical, then you have to be prepared for that response. No one has censored you, but that does not mean that people must operate under the premise that all opinions are equally worthy of consideration. Sometimes, people just find them ignorant or misguided. If you disagree, that's fine, and you are welcome to state your case (or not).

    If I say something that is stupid in the opinion of many, I expect to be laughed at. If I don't like it, I can not say it, or have conviction in my argument to try to convince them otherwise. If you feel you have been personally abused, that is a violation of forum rules, and I would suggest you report the post in question. I promise that we'll discuss it, and there are plenty of other moderators (who are not involved in the discussion, along with James), who will make that determination.
    And what part of stating an accomplishment is supposed to be offensive or illogical to anyone?

  8. #7523
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CW BLACK
    Posts
    30,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnn View Post
    cricket a game needing improvement
    introduce a all new format instead of odi
    pro 35
    35 overs a side
    16 ovs powerplay
    14 ovs spinplay(continous spin)
    5 ovs freeplay
    match not more dan 4hrs of length
    i hv many more ideas to make cricket more popular

    so plsss employ me at Rs 40000 pm contact me Arnab at 919434956156 or email

    THE SEASONS BRING RELIEF. JUST LET ME LIVE AND DIE IN PEACE

  9. #7524
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Rs 40,000 p/m? I will contact the ICC.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  10. #7525
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    45,953
    Arguably as random a post as you'll ever see.

    Welcome diversion tbh.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  11. #7526
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,927
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    No, I said only homophobic douches would be uncomfortable in the presence of a gay teammate.
    Whilst I absolutely agree with the sentiment, I'd have to say that's mildly passive/aggressive as (IIRC) that's what Ben had said previously. You are effectively calling him a homophobic douche.

    But, if the cap fits, etc...
    Last edited by BoyBrumby; 17-04-2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: homophobic, not homosexual...
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't think that they'll come close to us to be honest."
    - Steve Smith before the Ashes

  12. #7527
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,938
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdu_ben91 View Post
    Son of Coco? It wasn't directed at you.


    You'll have to explain the 'getting pumped in a pub' bit though...have we moved from trying to prove how good we are on the cricket field to pub games? You win then, I'm not good at pub games.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 17-04-2010 at 07:34 AM.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

    "There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

    "**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

  13. #7528
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    38,847
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Whilst I absolutely agree with the sentiment, I'd have to say that's mildly passive/aggressive as (IIRC) that's what Ben had said previously. You are effectively calling him a homosexual douche.

    But, if the cap fits, etc...
    Well, if he was talking about himself when feeling uncomfortable just because there happens to be a gay teammate, then I stand by that statement.

  14. #7529
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,927
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well, if he was talking about himself when feeling uncomfortable just because there happens to be a gay teammate, then I stand by that statement.
    No argument, but it'd be disingenuous to say you weren't implying he was a homophobic douche.

  15. #7530
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well, if he was talking about himself when feeling uncomfortable just because there happens to be a gay teammate, then I stand by that statement.
    And even though that's what I wasn't saying; that is what you thought I was saying at the time that you posted, which still stands as abuse.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •