Page 43 of 634 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What do you look like? Pt III

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Take it well, my bruddah, take it well.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There's no penalty for watching a 15-certificate film when you're 13 (there is a penatly - up to a month's imprisonment - for selling a video\DVD to an underage person, and hence those responsible are every bit as careful about who they serve as those responsible for alcohol retailing) and the chances of getting caught for ripping CDs or downloading illegal MP3s are miniscule compared to those of being caught for selling to underage. As are the punishments.

When there are such draconian punishments in the offing and such significant chances of receiving such punishments, you do not-so-blindly obey such laws and you'd be about the stupidest person in The World if you didn't.
    Meh, the examples I gave are classic and common examples of people breaking laws (or rules) when it suits them. Obviously the chances of being caught and the punishments might be quite insignificant, but it illustrates my main point which is: people who get all high and mighty about the rule of law are hypocrites. Almost everyone thumbs their nose at the law at some point, it's just that an individual's level of bravery determines how willing he/she is to break ever more serious laws.

Umm, I realise this is off topic. I'll shut up now.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Umm, I realise this is off topic. I'll shut up now.
    Won't stop people posting pics, though, TBH.
    Meh, the examples I gave are classic and common examples of people breaking laws (or rules) when it suits them. Obviously the chances of being caught and the punishments might be quite insignificant, but it illustrates my main point which is: people who get all high and mighty about the rule of law are hypocrites. Almost everyone thumbs their nose at the law at some point, it's just that an individual's level of bravery determines how willing he/she is to break ever more serious laws.
    The point is that people getting high-and-mighty about over-strict following of the law often do not understand the consequences of failing to do so. I'm not saying I'm following the law "because it's the law", I'm saying I'm following it because to not do so could have very, very... yes... d i r e consequences, and that all those in similar employment to me are very likely doing the same.

In any case, I think we need worry more about
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    Illegal activities - Don't go around posting about your illegally obtained music collection, linking to video clips which are in breach of some copyright, or suggesting people download software illegally. Don't talk about how you enjoy the odd bit of cocaine or where to buy a nuclear bomb in the black market... you get the idea.
    than being off the topic of posting pics.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    What about the part of the forum rules about being detrimental to the atmosphere?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    What about the part of the forum rules about being detrimental to the atmosphere?
    Perhaps you could have a read of that part of the rules too, marc...

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    As regards the on-the-door-rather-than-at-the-bar thing... yes, sometimes people take it too far, but mostly the places like that require such a thing - the bars are far, far too busy to be asking for ID, so it's much easier to do it at the door.

As regards the girls being lenienty treated - that's the idea of the massive fine. To discourage certain idiots to think with their ****s rather than their brains.

I think I'd have been stricted in an off-licence than I was in a bar tbh. Also, I think the law changed while I was doing bar work, changing the person who gets fined from the licensee to he who served the underaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Both can potentially be punished, TBH - it's the licensee and DPS' responsibility to demonstrate that they've "shown due diligence" and if they can do that then they'll escape a fine. Whoever made the sale is always in trouble regardless, of course.

Pinball Champion!
    McNamara decided to take a leaf out Flintoff's book during his most recent tour of South Africa..

(I'm second from the left)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    McNamara decided to take a leaf out Flintoff's book during his most recent tour of South Africa..

(I'm second from the left)
    Some decent wildlife in that photo. Go on safari much over there?
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

It's probably me but that second dude on the right, wearing the blue shirt looks like a younger version of Graeme Smith.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It's probably me but that second dude on the right, wearing the blue shirt looks like a younger version of Graeme Smith.
    Good spot.
    RIP Craigos

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    The ID'ing thing really gets my goat..

Not really with the people who asked me for ID, thats their job, and I feel quite sorry for the little girl who had to ask this irate guy for his passport every other night...The fact that I needed to carry around a passport around the country I was born in when I went out at night, in order to prove that I was old enough to fight a war in Iraq, to fly a plane, and to get married and raise kids, but that I couldn't go up to a bar and order a coke? Whats with that?

Another thing that annoys me is how girls are so much more leniently treated when it comes to ID than guys..

I know the UK is a totallitarian fun policed terrorist state and all that, but why couldn't I have a sodding quiet coke in front of the footie?

itbt i was asked for ID about 2 or 3 times in the 7 years since i turned 18 in the UK...over here its pretty much every night

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    Some decent wildlife in that photo. Go on safari much over there?
    Most nights

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Haha, eek, yeah. Didn't spot that ITFP, he's well hidden.

Pinball Champion!
    I don't see the resemblance itbt..

Thread Information