Cricket Player Manager
Page 41 of 634 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What do you look like? Pt III

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    That was Karl Pilkington iirc.
    At no point, would a wasp be havin' a chat with a spider...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Just to clarify: I was not serious
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    40 is hardly 'a few quid'. That's more than the train fare for Bangor - Stratford for instance. So woo i could drive a scooter legally, but frankly in a University town an NUS card should be good enough ID. And yeah there's students that are under 18 but that's the massive minority rather than anywhere remotely near approaching the norm.
    As I say - that doesn't matter in the slightest to us guys who can get 5,000 fines. It's very possible that test-purchasers will use some sort of stuff along those lines. In any case, NUS cards are hardly difficult to forge.
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Totally agree - the sort of people that blindly obey every single law are the sort that end up with totalitarian governments. Besides, almost everyone has broken a law when it suits them - how many of you have never ripped an MP3 or watched a dodgy DVD, or indeed, watched adult films before they turned 18?
    There's no penalty for watching a 15-certificate film when you're 13 (there is a penatly - up to a month's imprisonment - for selling a video\DVD to an underage person, and hence those responsible are every bit as careful about who they serve as those responsible for alcohol retailing) and the chances of getting caught for ripping CDs or downloading illegal MP3s are miniscule compared to those of being caught for selling to underage. As are the punishments.

When there are such draconian punishments in the offing and such significant chances of receiving such punishments, you do not-so-blindly obey such laws and you'd be about the stupidest person in The World if you didn't.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    As I say - that doesn't matter in the slightest to us guys who can get 5,000 fines. It's very possible that test-purchasers will use some sort of stuff along those lines. In any case, NUS cards are hardly difficult to forge.

There's no penalty for watching a 15-certificate film when you're 13 (there is a penatly - up to a month's imprisonment - for selling a video\DVD to an underage person, and hence those responsible are every bit as careful about who they serve as those responsible for alcohol retailing) and the chances of getting caught for ripping CDs or downloading illegal MP3s are miniscule compared to those of being caught for selling to underage. As are the punishments.

When there are such draconian punishments in the offing and such significant chances of receiving such punishments, you do not-so-blindly obey such laws and you'd be about the stupidest person in The World if you didn't.
    I don't understand why you wrote all that. Severe penalties mean people are more careful not to break specific laws. Who is saying otherwise or arguing against that.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Mitchell and 16toS, from what I can see.

Pinball Champion!
    The ID'ing thing really gets my goat..

Not really with the people who asked me for ID, thats their job, and I feel quite sorry for the little girl who had to ask this irate guy for his passport every other night...The fact that I needed to carry around a passport around the country I was born in when I went out at night, in order to prove that I was old enough to fight a war in Iraq, to fly a plane, and to get married and raise kids, but that I couldn't go up to a bar and order a coke? Whats with that?

Another thing that annoys me is how girls are so much more leniently treated when it comes to ID than guys..

I know the UK is a totallitarian fun policed terrorist state and all that, but why couldn't I have a sodding quiet coke in front of the footie?

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Going off NP's before and after look after shaving. I thought i might post some pics of me with different hairstyles and facial hair lengths.

Spiked look (dire)

Eleven o'clock shadow with normal hair (well sort of)

Shaved look (trying to look mean i think)

Next the deadlock look...
    Spiked looks good, shadow looks even better.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Hate to come off as an attention whore, but just had to share this :

Made by Kev from PC.

Anyway, still undecided which way to go after the wedding. Shaved or not? Should have created a poll, ah well.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    The ID'ing thing really gets my goat..

Not really with the people who asked me for ID, thats their job, and I feel quite sorry for the little girl who had to ask this irate guy for his passport every other night...The fact that I needed to carry around a passport around the country I was born in when I went out at night, in order to prove that I was old enough to fight a war in Iraq, to fly a plane, and to get married and raise kids, but that I couldn't go up to a bar and order a coke? Whats with that?

Another thing that annoys me is how girls are so much more leniently treated when it comes to ID than guys..

I know the UK is a totallitarian fun policed terrorist state and all that, but why couldn't I have a sodding quiet coke in front of the footie?
    Hyperbole much

I was probably a little more lenient with girls than lads when I worked behind a bar.

Fact one: Girls of around 16/17 go out in revealing tops and push-up bras to detract attention from their age

Fact two: Straight male bar staff aged 18-22 don't tend to look at the faces of these girls and as such have nfi as to whether they're old enough. It's on the house love

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fact one: Girls of around 16/17 go out in revealing tops and push-up bras to detract attention from their age

Fact two: Straight male bar staff aged 18-22 don't tend to look at the faces of these girls and as such have nfi as to whether they're old enough. It's on the house love
    Correct on both counts tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Hate to come off as an attention whore, but just had to share this :

Made by Kev from PC.

Anyway, still undecided which way to go after the wedding. Shaved or not? Should have created a poll, ah well.
    Haha.

Not shaved ftw btw.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Mitchell and 16toS, from what I can see.
    I'm saying common sense should prevail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

People do 'become' their avatars. With mine, if people are expecting to see a guy with a beard, they won't be disappointed.
    your gonna be heavily dissapointed with me then, not short, don't have a sword, am not blond and don't have a stache....boy that's going to be one hell of a dissapointment.

ooh, and I wear better clothes
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kweek View Post
    your gonna be heavily dissapointed with me then, not short, don't have a sword, am not blond and don't have a stache....boy that's going to be one hell of a dissapointment.

Do Dutch people like it when you walk around wearing angel wings on your head?
    orz

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kweek View Post

Yeah but i've met you already.

Thread Information