Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: asbo's

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar

asbo's

I'm really shook up I was on my bike doing no harm when to lad's came up to me and started calling me a fat lad ( I'm saying lad because I don't want to swear) But I'm really shook up you see lads in school carrying knifes and they could have had one. So I didn't want any trouble so I kept riding I could here the abuse until I was too far away to hear. But enough about my experience has anyone else had that kind of experience.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Quite a few over the years.

My parents used to live opposite a shop where kids used to hang out in groups. Was very intimidating for a lot of people. We had a fair few runins there.

Also there was a guinnel at the back of my parents house (alley/passage way for those with limited Yorkshire vocab) where kids used to hang out. Myself and my dad used to often get the golf clubs and cricket bats and confront gangs as they would be getting high or drunk and repeatedly kicked our wooded fence down.

TBH, this type of bahaviour is ****. Lack of loitering laws IMO.

The funniest I had was when I came out of a pub once. A teenage girl with a couple of friends approached and one pulled a knife on me and asked for my wallet. Id had a few so I took it off her, threw it into a building site across the road and told her to **** off. Her response. "My dad is out tonight, Im going to get him and he'll do you!"

The cheek of the bitch, she had just tried to rob me at knife point
    Last edited by Goughy; 06-03-2007 at 12:07 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Pinball Champion!
    Chavs.. Put my girlfriend, the CricketWeb community, David Lloyd, Bloc Party, Home Park and the County Ground on a big boat and then blow the bloody place up... Problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Boats are bomb-proof, in your experience, then?
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Asbos doesn't need an apostrophe...

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Boats are bomb-proof, in your experience, then?
    No, the idea of a boat is that you sail away.. But you can stay put

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    I got approached by three ten-year-old chavs in the street the other week, on my way to work. One of them went "Oi, mate, can I ask you a question?" and started walking over to me.

I went "No, I'm busy, leave me alone", and carried on walking - next thing I know I've got a tubby ten-year-old standing in front of me and asking me if I wanted a fight.

I laughed in his face and carried on walking, but they carried on shouting abuse as I walked off, about how I was "too scared" to take them on...FFS, I probably weighed twice as much as him, does he really want someone to hit him one day?

Obviously I never would have done, but it'll only be a few years before doing something like that will get him a right hook to the face, from a much less mild-mannered 6-foot, 14-stone 19-year-old. Some kids are just asking for trouble.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I got approached by three ten-year-old chavs in the street the other week, on my way to work. One of them went "Oi, mate, can I ask you a question?" and started walking over to me.

I went "No, I'm busy, leave me alone", and carried on walking - next thing I know I've got a tubby ten-year-old standing in front of me and asking me if I wanted a fight.

I laughed in his face and carried on walking, but they carried on shouting abuse as I walked off, about how I was "too scared" to take them on...FFS, I probably weighed twice as much as him, does he really want someone to hit him one day?

Obviously I never would have done, but it'll only be a few years before doing something like that will get him a right hook to the face, from a much less mild-mannered 6-foot, 14-stone 19-year-old. Some kids are just asking for trouble.
    The annoying thing about "your country" is that if you were to so much lay half a finger on them, you'd have absolute hell to pay from the authorities...

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    The annoying thing about "your country" is that if you were to so much lay half a finger on them, you'd have absolute hell to pay from the authorities...
    The country is in a mess pure and simple.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    The country is in a mess pure and simple.
    Hardly, just parents need to bring their kids up properly ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Pinball Champion!
    Nah, the UK's problems are tiny in comparison to many, but its full of the most disrespectful little thugs I've ever seen anywhere, one of the main reasons I won't go back...

Probably the story of my childhood.

I've lived in some not so nice areas in the past, and once I was walking home (I was about 12) and one Moari lad and his mates started to harass me and make my life difficult, but they soon went, and the next day, the same thing happen, except for no reason he punched me straight under my left eye, I was lucky somebody who lived right next to where it happen, to at least sort me out right and a teacher stopped and gave me a lift home (I had about a 3-4km walk there and back). The loser ended up in juvenile detention though.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Nah, the UK's problems are tiny in comparison to many, but its full of the most disrespectful little thugs I've ever seen anywhere, one of the main reasons I won't go back...
    Never heard anybody say that South Africa is a lot safer place though.

Mind you you would know the place so you would know where to go, how to handle a situation etc.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Never heard anybody say that South Africa is a lot safer place though.

Mind you you would know the place so you would know where to go, how to handle a situation etc.
    It's not safe here at all, but I tend to tolerate the crime here a bit more, rightly or wrongly, because it's often caused by immense poverty and by "genuine" situations.. Not by a bunch of hooded layabouts who get everything in life given to them on a plate like they do in the UK...

I've been affected by crime far more in the UK than in SA.. I guess people here are a lot more wary about it now, shame the government aren't... The kak is going to hit the fan when the Football World Cup comes to town, I can just imagine all these naive tourists walking around a township to "see how the black guys live"
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 07-03-2007 at 02:07 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information