Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Well it's not time to go, and first...

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar

Well it's not time to go, and first...

Well guys, this took me a little while, but I felt we deserved it after Murphygate… I hope some good comes of it…

I’ve tried to be positive in my assessment of as many CWers as I can… throughout my long spell(s) on the forums I’ve got to know many, and I give an opinion even of those who aren’t here any longer…

James – IMO, anyone on this site who isn’t grateful to you doesn’t really have a clue. CW is easily the best-run forum I’ve come across and it’s a measure of such a thing that even when we have tiffs eventually things return to normal. Your steady hand on the tiller can simply not be ignored in this. One thing I do think is a shame is that you don’t seem to have had the time to post any more other than in modding capacity – throughout my entire time here! Except on the big NZ issues like Astle’s retirement. Even if you’ve got more important things to be getting on with, the forum would be more with your contribution.
    Andre – did a good job as Vice-Administrator, BTSOT. Don’t actually have a clue why he left, and didn’t have a hell of a lot of correspondance with him, but enough to suggest he’s missed IMO.
    Rich T – again, sadly you hardly ever seem to post any more – and I miss that double because you (like Rik and PY) in the early days not merely made me very welcome but also had some terrific cricketing discussions. A top bloke and a top poster (in his day) IMO.
    marc71178 – hmm, well… we’ve had our differences, it’s fair to say. Gotta say I deeply respect that fact that you appear to have been willing to wipe the slate something like semi-blank since my latest return, though. Still deride me where you feel appropriate, which is certainly fair enough, but seem at least willing to engage in sensible discussion elsewhere. Respect – on my part.
    Neil Pickup – you don’t post much any more, and as you once said to me on MSN “how often do I criticise you on the forums?” You’re a decent enough egg, you are. The forums would be much, much lesser without your (mostly) paternal persona. Good teacher you’ll make, I daresay.
    Rik H – man, you’re missed, that’s all I say. Great bloke, great cricket knowledge, willing to open your mind to anything as long as it’s got an ounce of sense. If you ever come back to CW, I feel sure most who remember you will welcome you with open arms.
    Top_Cat – not sure where you are right now, but I feel sure you’ll be back. CW is greater on the occasions you’re with us than when you’re without. Your collection of footage is unrivalled in my experience and there’s little I’d love more than to be let loose amongst it. You’re a very, very well-rounded guy on top of that, I might add.
    Mr Mxzptlk – good man. Not unlike the “new” Marc, is willing to make sensible discussion even if he disagrees often in other cases. Quite the most knowledgeable guy I’ve ever met on the subject of West Indian cricket, and not bad on the rest of The World, either.
    Langeveldt – I’ve never had any reason to doubt your integrity or love for the game… even if you do get a bit down on the way it’s going of times. A top poster and, in my experience, a good guy too. Respect your devotion to both SA and England.
    Craig – you and me go way back, my man. Great guy, you are, and I hope you and your team go far on your Content Updating project. But for most, you have a lot to answer for. But for you, I probably wouldn’t be here.
    luckyeddie – the forum is poorer for your disappearance, and I say that with completely genuine sentiment. You may have exasperated me of times with your extra-jokey attitude, but while some might believe such a thing to be impossible, you did make me laugh. Lots. And I was right about Harmison, which eases my mind considerably. (Insert tounge-smiley here)
    Tim – one of the most knowledgeable guys I’ve come across on NZ cricket. Your patriotic semi-one-eyedness is certainly not unique and hence forgiveable.
    Simon F – haven’t really had much correspondance with you, TBH.
    FaaipDeOiad – an alien (or guest) might quite easily get the impression we’d happily rip each others’ throats out. Or keyboards, at least. Nothing could, on my part at least, be further from the truth. IMO you contribute a hell of a lot to the forum, you’re one of the most knowledgeable on Australian cricket on here, and I genuinely hope I don’t over-exasperate you. Believe it or not, I don’t hate Australia or Australian cricket any more than the next Englishman – indeed, I probably like it more than plenty.
    Mister Wright – top man, our Mister Wright, IMO. Might seem a trifle bizarre, given that the last time our posts corresponded was probably about 2 years ago, but your view of the media and its influence on cricket is in my experience quite unparalleled here on CW. You don’t seem to be posting as much as previously at present, but you are a GM, I suppose.
    age_master – I’ve never really known you that well, TBH.
    lord_of_darkness – l_o_d, my brah, I think you’re a top man, and a top poster. Your standing amonst OTers is near enough top-of-the-pile – and deservedly so IMO. Well-rounded guy, easy to get on with to near enough anyone, and also a vital player in the CW XI.
    andyc – few, if any, on CW have the propensity to be so and so likeable at the same time. You’re a shogun, Cameron.
    steds – haha, we’ve had some laughs down the years, haven’t we, steddos? The digging escapade was about as much fun as I’ve ever had on CW, and I honestly do miss our chats on MSN which were commonplace of one time. Mostly my fault, I know, as I’ve been neglecting to come online of late. Here’s to rekindling old ties, eh?
    BoyBrumby – you’re all right, really, Brumbers. Takes a lot to come close to offending you, blatantly, and I’m sorry I’ve (twice) nearly managed it. You’re another of the best-rounded guys I know – like cricket (well, English cricket to be harsh) and a good night out with a drink or 6 with your mates. Hey – what else does a REAL guy need?
    Jono – as with 1 or 2 others, it’d not be unfair to say we’ve had our differences in no small way, eh? I really respect the fact that you’ve been willing to bury the hatchet for most of the time of late, though. One of the leading authorities on both Indian and Australian cricket on here – as Tharmi is with Sri Lanka and Australia.
    Nnanden – t‘ man, is our Nnanden. Not gonna meet many nicer lads IMO.
    superkingdave – uh, I honestly don’t know when the last time our posts corresponded was.
    tooextracool – hmm, the two of us are actually more similar than perhaps most realise. And that extends to knowing plenty about cricket. I’m willing to give and take with you, these days – and I’d say it makes CW a better and lesser place at the same time.
    Pratyush – aside from the first-chance thing, it’s hard to remember a disagreement we’ve had. If I was Indian, I’d probably be you, there’s not much else we don’t have in common. Always great to catch up on MSN, shame we haven’t done much of late either.
    SJS – I can’t really say any one person’s the top poster on CW, but you’re certainly in the group which tops the lot. And I don’t think many would disagree. Your knowledge of cricket (not just Indian cricket) is probably unequalled here, and your attitude to those younger than you (unlike several in your position) is IMO first-rate. Always willing to engage in conversation and always see the sympathetic side of things. How you haven’t made a career in cricket journalism is perhaps nothing more than a matter of chance (though I don’t know the particulars, obviously).
    Samuel_Vimes – you’re another I’ve missed catching-up with on MSN. For a Norwegian, your passion for cricket is astonishing, and you’re one of the hardest people I’ve ever met to dislike. Here’s hoping you say a bit more at the next CW meet-up than the last! (Insert wink smiley here)
    silentstriker – the rumours I’ve heard about you to date seem inconceivable to me. 1,000-per-week is usually said with (at least semi-) negative connotations. I know, obviously, such a thing to be far from the truth but to me you seem like one of the best CC posters going around. And a well-rounded guy to boot. You’ve advanced the site more than pretty much any non-Staff IMO (whose ranks you have now deservedly joined).
    aussie – haven’t seen you around much of late, but you never fail to make me laugh. And not at all in a negative way. Even if it’s just the “yo” all the time which we’ve had of late… CW would be lesser without you and there can’t be many higher compliments – and with you there are several reasons for that.
    Tom Halsey – you’re one of many who post less on CC than you used to, but you’re also one of those I’ve had least disagreement with – and most cordial disagreement when they have occurred. Knowing myself as I do, I know it’s unlikely to be down too much to me, which makes the conclusion obvious. I think it’s a shame you don’t post so much on CC any more – and like some others it’s a shame I haven’t spoken to you on MSN often of late.
    Blewy – good captain of CW, you’ve been. I don’t really know much about you apart from that, though.
    Pete Y – if I had to find a case-study for “most well-rounded guy I’ve never met” you’d be right up there. In fact, strike that, you’d win hands-down. Well, if you counted English only, that is, because…
    vic_orthdox – if you went for an Aussie or someone from somewhere else, vic would probably shove onto the podium alongside you – and no-one could then separate the two of you. You do a top job as both GMs and posters – I can scarcely recall anything remotely approaching a negative comment towards even the most annoying of members (and I undoubtedly lap into that category occasionally) from either of you. Top job. I’ve barely spoken to either of you on MSN, but I don’t really think my impression would be changed if I did.
    Jamee999 – love Neil’s semi-taunting of you in the “he’s only little”; “small child” etc. regards, but your position as WCC Chairman seems to suggest a little maturity not recognised by Mr Pickup. And something of a high esteem on the site in general, for that matter.
    Scaly piscine – insults towards other members aren’t permitted. For that reason, this section will remain blank. I honestly can’t think of a single thing good to say about this-‘un.
    Matteh – of all the major posters, Mitchell really is one of the few I struggle to remember a cross word between myself and him. Don’t really know you that well, TBH, so given my propensity to speak gobbledegook, I can only come to the conclusion that you’re the opposite of me – in that for me, silence is assent. Your arrival at the CW MU ’06 in a suit will remain the stuff of CW legend and such a thing not being the source of eternal piss-taking (at least where I’ve been viewing) indicates your standing, really.
    roseboy64 – had to laugh at your “tsk, tsk” comment a while ago. Aside from that, I can’t recall our paths crossing.
    Robertinho – good guy, from the relatively little I know of you.
    sledger – piss poor excuse for a bad guy, you are. You tried to fool us all initially, I know, but it really was impossible. I was utterly flabbergasted when you apologised to me for a *slightly heated* tete-a-tete a long while ago – no-one has ever undertaken such a course of action, before or since. From that moment, you’ve been the guy I’ve got on with probably best on the entire site. You’re the only one who ever bothered to speak to me on MSN during my most recent and most lengthy absence from CW, and all-in-all I’ve no reason to suspect that you won’t go far in this World. But hopefully you’ll stay here with us in that time, obviously.
    adharcric – I don’t actually know your name, but you’re a top guy, that I don’t have any doubt. One of the mainstays of CC, and never in my experience make a negative comment when not completely deserved. One of the best posters on the subject of Indian cricket I’ve met.
    Barney Rubble – if sledger’s a piss poor excuse for a bad guy, you’re probably the person most impossible to mistake for one. That I ever offended you by appearing to call you a racist is a regret far beyond any other of mine during my time on this site. You strike perhaps the best balance I’ve encountered between passion for cricket and passion for your team. And perhaps the best balance in general posting terms, too. I hope you make it in cricket journalism, because that field will be better off with you in it. But I hope you keep me on your MSN through the time.
    Sanz – hmm… I’ve never been able to work this guy out. My experience of him is not exclusively negative, but he baffles me more than just about anyone.
    Voltman – if things continue on their merry way, you’re someone who I respect more than almost anyone on here. The two of us have traded more sarky comments than near enough anyone – and of late you still appear willing to bury the hatchet. Top man – and yeah, I admit it – you’re a funny ****er, too. And congrats on spotting in that thread about highest Test score what no-one else did.
    C_C – contrary to what pretty much anyone who reads our postal exchanges may get the impression, I don’t think you’re a bad guy at all. And I think you’re very, very knowledgeable on cricket to boot. I do struggle to work you out of times, though – in many ways you outdo even me on the unconventional thought lines.
    Cloete – not that we’ve had much crossing of paths, but I don’t have any doubt you’re a good man, Andy.
    chaminda_00 – you’re a remarkable guy, all in all, in that you’re essentially both Australian and Sri Lankan in cricket. And you know more than most about both countries’ exploits, too. Certainly right up there with Lang and Jono in the dual-camp guys.
    pasag – well… I don’t know if I’m ever going to be 100% sure about you, you do mystify me a little, but I take encouragement from the fact that you’ve not crucified me for a third time… yet. You’re undoubtedly one of the main men of this site, your knowledge of Australian cricket is up there with any of us, and you seem for perhaps 99.98% of the time to be a really, really sympathetic guy… then you’ve twice revealed pent-up rage that I had not one clue was there. I hope those days are behind us, because I’ve no wish to enrage you (or anyone else who shares your sentiments) and if I didn’t have such worries I’m sure I’d enjoy conversing with you more than most.
    Sudeep – Popasud is another of those contenders for “nicest guy”. Can sound like faint praise when said too often, but it’s unavoidable – there’s no other fitting description. You’re another one I’ve really missed catching-up with on MSN – I don’t even know if I’ve still got your correct address. Great, great guy.
    Casson – grandilesquent in name, slob in nature. (Insert tongue-smiley) Nah, you’re all right, really, Cass – in fact you’re one of that crowd I’ve mentioned once or twice who I have huge respect for because we shared one or two massive slanging-matches back in t’ day, yet you were willing to bury the hatchet. You’re a funny ****er, too, I might add. And it suits you.
    Deja moo – great shame you’re not around any more, K, don’t know why you left, but you were one of the best and IMO funniest posters – without even trying, often, to be especially funny. I hope you return if such a thing is an option.
    Slow Love™ – hands-down, you’re one of the best-rounded guys on the forum, and I could tell that on about your 3rd or 4th post. You know your cricket, you know your… virtually everything, really. And of all those like you who’re widely knowledgeable, you do a better impression of a human-being than near enough anyone.
    nibblet – I really can’t find much good to say about you, I’m afraid. You baffle me.
    Adamc – our Adamc is a good man – and he’s one of the best posters on CC IMO, which is saying a bit. Not quite in the SJS\archie mac or PY\vic stakes, but not a million miles short.
    dontcloseyoureyes – I’m still not 100% sure about you, but I hope you were genuine in your laughing at my piss-take-of-the-piss-take of yours. I found your “I disagree” pretty funny, myself, and I did my best to come-up with a response that both refuted and jogged along with. The ball’s in your court.
    JASON – one of the few who I honestly can’t ever recall seeing a single bad word come off your keyboard. I’ll have missed something somewhere I know, but I think you’re a top guy. Right up there in the “nicest poster” stakes. And you know your Sri Lankan cricket, to boot.
    Swervy – well, what to say, what to say? The rivalry that perhaps over-biscuits any in CW – yes, even myself and tec have rarely had such vociferous disagreements as myself and Swervy. The Camel56 idiot types don’t count here, BTW, as near enough everyone despised them. I don’t think you’re a bad bloke at heart, but I must say I find you just a little contrary of times (a sentiment I don’t doubt for a second is rebutted toward myself). Why that should be, I’ve never been quite sure.
    Buddhmaster – funny little guy, is our Buddhy Blackman. I’ve not had much correspondance with you, but I’ve never been totally sure about you, TBH. That’s not a bad thing – it’s not a good thing – probably it says no more than that I’m not into OT much.
    Loony BoB – I admit I haven’t been around in the time but I personally find the flak that’s flown your way amazing. I emphasise again – I’ve only seen (in hindsight) bits and pieces of the problems so many seem to have had with you, so I have no real clue. But in your time purely as a poster, I always thought you were pretty scrupulously fair in all counts. Would probably be unfair to either side to say more than that.
    Kweek – you’re a great lad, Taz, I enjoy talking to you on MSN and on the rare occasion our paths cross on here. You’re a lucky ******* too, if all those pics of you and various girls are to be believed. And your lack of shyness, for a naturally shy guy like me, at the CW MU was little short of astounding.
    Anil – I do respect you, greatly, if you don’t realise such a thing. I’m not in agreeance with you on quite a few things, and your posting style does occasionally make me laugh out loud (not in an especially negative or positive way, and never better illustrated on your response to the How Come Dravid… Selfish thread) but I do admire your manner – argue where you feel argument is appropriate, and not where you feel ground has already been repeated. IMO CC would be a better place if you posted a bit more.
    ash chaulk – a good man, is our Chaulk. Doesn’t post that much for such a long-term member, but is another of those well-rounded guys I’ve mentioned a few times.
    NZTailender – I don’t know your name, and you’re one of the best posters whose names I don’t know. Really know your NZ cricket, and have an excellent style – one of the least aggressive people on here.
    honestbharani – a dead-set gun, to paraphrase a certain someone. The ultimate pacifist, for mine – if ever you wanted someone to calm the troubled waters, here’s your man IMO. Oh, yeah, he knows plenty and plenty about Indian cricket to boot. One of the best on this site, no doubts.
    Blaze – not around as much as he used to be, it seems, and that’s a real shame, I really enjoyed our discussions – you were one of the few I could discuss interestingly with without any real disagreements. May you return to posting more.
    Piper – great gal, IMO. Another one of those people who barely says a bad word. You add more to OT than most.
    _Ed_ – hell of a guy, all things considered. Not often seen him say a bad word, and one of a clutch of Kiwis who both know their cricket and taper-off well into the World at large.
    Mr. P – shame he’s not around any more, real shame. I enjoyed our discussions on CC, he was always willing to debate hotly without things ever getting heated. If that makes sense. (Insert wacko-smiley)
    archie mac – if SJS was Australian (and 20-odd years younger) I’m sure he’d be you. Fantastic guy, and hellish knowledgeable on cricket. In the top group of posters, you unquestionably number, and I doubt many if any would dispute such a thing.
    Slats4ever – not crossed paths often of late but always seemed a decent enough guy back in ‘ day.
    GoT_SpIn – you must be the most prolific poster who I can’t remember ever, once, conversing with. I’d probably give you an award – if I knew you at all.
    Arjun – another one who goes way back, you and me. You probably know more about current Indian cricket than anyone on here – maybe even SJS – but why, oh, why do you have to be so obsessed with big muscles and tall height?
    alternative – a respected member, undoubtedly. I don’t know, myself, I can’t ever recall the two of us conversing.
    FRAZ – just… I just love you, FRAZ, I really do. Not just your turn-of-phrase, the way you can seemingly split into about 5 personalities… often within an hour or less. I’m so delighted you were un-banned (though bizarrely about 5 days after my last post before my most recent sabbatical ) and CW would, to me, be massively, massively lesser without you. Not least because you do actually know quite a bit about Pakistan cricket – when you ordain to communicate it with us.
    Linda – you’re all right, really, you are. And that’s about all I can say, because the only times I remember conversing with you have been very recently with the T2IBS and on the subject of my avatar a while ago. Both of which made me laugh, really.
    Son Of Coco – seems to have lost all respect for me both as person and poster, which disappoints me, frankly.
    KennyD – great lad, IMO. Not spoken to him for ages, but he was better to me than most have ever been.
    masterblaster – along with JASON, Sudeep, vic, hbh and PY, one of that “nicest poster” group. Can barely recall an unadulterated bad word from your keyboard, shame you don’t seem to have posted since my comeback.
    Perm – top man, in my limited experience. One of those very knowledgeable and likeable Kiwis.
    James90 – haven’t conversed too much, but will forever make me laugh with his “He did” response to Marc, which is linked (third) in my sig. Worth the admission money to CW alone, that post, IMO.
    biased indian – funny guy, all-in-all. Never seems aggressive or anything, but often seems to be capable of putting negativity across positively. And I don’t know whether that’s a good or bad thing.
    Dasa – long-term Staff Membership says it all, really. Good man, is our Dasa, and one of those I really hope I haven’t annoyed too much, because it’s the last thing I want or he deserves.
    Goughy – you’re almost an English (if you take your English side) version of Top_Cat, really (though I’m not totally sure the two of you have ever even met). Undoubtedly a smashing all-round bloke, and impossibly experienced in this wonderful game of cricket. If he speaks, I listen – and that’s true to such an extent of not too many. Would be especially interested to talk to you on MSN sometime.
    NikhilN – Marc once dubbed him “an annoying little kid” and that was IMO pretty apt. I can’t really forgive him for his stupid annoying James with non-stop name-changing.
    twctopcat – another cracking bloke, this-‘un – crying shame he never seems to post in CC any more because his take on cricket was always interesting.
    TT_Boy – good to have another SAfrican on here, ‘tis. Knows his stuff, this one.
    Prince EWS – the member I’m most astounded has so few posts. Been a member since way back, and knows the game better IMO than most, and is a thoroughly decent guy from what I know too, but for whatever reason mixes huge spells of inactivity with intense periods.
    chris.hinton – worth having for “h”, “Mr Myrik gets my goat” and “Zimbabwe cricket is really e” even if there weren’t other reasons – which there are, emphatically. If the Ajit\Dave ever doesn’t get awarded to him in a week where he posts, life’s cracked one of it’s great injustices.
    GeraintIsMyHero – another to add to the Sangrah, PY, Sudeep, etc. club. Great guy, love his enthusiasm for the game (and England… in particular…) and how anyone could in seriousness say a bad word about him surprises me.
    Fiery – top bloke, is this Kiwi. And probably the one you’d have least doubt is a Kiwi, too. Likes his boys, does this bloke, and not afraid to big ‘em up, either. But that doesn’t mean he lacks appreciation for other countries. Very fine poster IMO.
    The Baconator – top lad, in every respect. Youngest Staff Member ever? Surely so, and wholly deservedly too. Wise beyond his years.
    PhoenixFire – not dissimilar, all things told. Young, yeah, but I’d not have guessed 14. Add to the Crampton crew.
    LongHopCassidy – virtually a case of read-above. Amazed when I found-out you were only 14 in ' day.
    Pedro D – crackerjack if ever there was one. This guy’s got everything a poster could really want IMO. Except that he doesn’t seem to be around any more. Terrible shame, and a massive loss to the forums. Perhaps not quite in the SJS, archie mac league, but if not I’ll damn well want to know why. And a funny ****er, too – never have myself and tec been parodied anywhere near so well.
    howardj – superb poster IMO. I’ve not met many who come so close to sharing my perspective on the game. This also applies to…
    thierry henry – but even more so.
    nightprowler10 – one of the top Pakistanis on here, and undoubtedly a top bloke, too.
    Clapo – haven’t spoken much yet, but sounds like a good guy to me.
    AussieDominance – TBF, I don’t think you’re as black as they paint you. Those words may come back to haunt me.
    Eclipse – after a decidedly dodgy start, I really enjoyed my convos with this guy. Shame he’s not around any more.
    Waughney – same without the dodgy start.
    cricketboy29 – can’t actually remember your name, but you seem a good lad.
    anzac – crying, crying shame this bloke isn’t around any more IMO. There are a lot of fine Kiwi posters, yes, but this guy was certainly up there with the very best. And undoubtedly a good guy to boot.
    a massive zebra (amz) – good bloke, IMO. Certainly knows his cricket. Shame he doesn’t seem to be around at the mo.
    vishnureddy) – one of my fave posters, personally. Seems to be long-gone all the time, too, but always pops-up back occasionally. I said it about Pratyush, but I could just as easily say it about Vish – if I was Indian, I might well be you.
    Jungle Jumbo – good man, Jungle Jumbo, IMO. Likes his Banglas, too. I like to think I played a small part in advancing his love for ‘em, too. Will go far.
    Turbinator – good lad, you are. Some people here are a bit harsh on you IMO – though I wasn’t around at the time of your induction into CWdom.
    Fardin (cricket player; “Bob”) – your loss was a terrible tragedy, and I shall forever carry the message in my sig that you may RIP. It’s a mark of how loved you were that many others do the same.
    open365 – good poster, is our Bowman. Actually knows his cricket well, and contrary to popular beliefs, Dickinson did not call him either racist or sexist.
    Paid The Umpire – you share my name! And that, really, is all I know about you… (Insert unsure smiley)
    DJellett – DJs are always cool…
    Fusion – very possibly the best Pakistani poster on here in terms of cricket knowledge, and no reason to believe he’s not a top bloke either. Only competitor in those stakes is…
    Beleg – a great guy, I’ve always thought. Really knows his Pakistan cricket and not afraid to venture into the lands of other countries, either. Perceptive, sympathetic (except where scorn is really, REALLY deserved) and just a well-rounded guy. One of my fave posters, can barely remember a genuinely cross word between the two of us, always keeps any criticism measured and constructive.
    wpdavid – in that group of very-best-posters-on-forum. It really is impossible to separate this bloke from SJS, archie mac, Top_Cat and Goughy. And I enjoy discussing stuff with you probably more than anyone else. You’re a well of knowledge about English cricket in the 70s and 80s, something that interests me beyond most things, and hence I’ve learned more from you than pretty well anyone else. I really hope you might be able to come to a CW MU one day, because it’d be an enrichment for everyone who attended to meet you.
    AUST_HiTMaN – old Davo doesn’t come on the main parts of the site any more, which is a shame, because the limited discussions we’ve had on MSN show this lad really knows his cricket – especially his WAn and Australian stuff. Still a pillar of strength in CW XI though.
    zinzan12 – you’re another guy I struggle to work-out of times, but you undoubtedly know your Kiwi cricket.
    Steulen – this forum truly did lack a Dutchman. You’ve put that right (and ///name removed/// has since followed-suit). Don’t post on CC that much, but you do post quality.
    Xuhaib – not a big poster, but I’ve often wondered why. Quality stuff rarely fails to come from your keyboard.
    deeps – goes a long way back, this one, and full respect for coming a long way from the homophobia of old times. Respect there, at least.
    grecian – the epitome of Exeter City fans. Nah, I don’t even know if he supports City, but a good CC poster, without doubt. Good screenname, too.
    The Argonaut – a long, long time poster but only ever at very rare intervals. Something I’ve always found a bit strange.
    BlackCap_Fan – good man, this guy is. I was grateful for him sticking-up for me against the Camel56 imbecile types, even if he got himself a ticking-off in the process, and as the sceenname suggests, supports his Kiwi boys well.
    SpaceMonkey – another who goes way back to the old English Cricket Forum on CricInfo (along with Craig and Arjun). Good poster, but not a very common one.
    shortpitched713 – top man, you are, I’ve no doubts of that. A relatively new member by this site’s standards, but you lift the calibre of discussion amongst Pakistinis and are right up there with Beleg, Fusion and np10 in those stakes.
    gibbsnsmith – long gone, this boy, but it’s a shame – and he did look like coming back some time a while ago.
    shankar – it’s a great, great shame you don’t post more. I’ve enjoyed more intelligent debate with you on the first-chance thing than absolutely anyone else, bar none. And on the relatively rare occasion you’ve posted on something else I can’t recall thinking anything other than “yup”.
    iamdavid – another of the old crowd (Craigos, Arjun, Space), and a shame you don’t post any more (bar the odd 3 posts once every 7 months or so) as you were one of the best Aussie lads I’ve ever met.
    Lillian Thomson – an old Englishman – in several senses of the word, it seems. Your knowledge of English cricket in the 70s and 80s is probably right up there with David Lewis, but I don’t know because I’ve barely discussed anything with you.
    Legglancer (& legglancer12) – cracking bloke, all in all. You made me laugh with your discussions with Piper all the time, and you do actually know your Sri Lankan cricket when you venture into discussing it. Here’s hoping you can get your old account back open.
    PommieMacGill – I’ve heard you’re like me in loving music that was made in a large part before you were even born and better still being unashamed to go to 70s\80s-music nights and dance the night away. is all I can say to that, even if you’re not around any more
    Ming\Mingster – strange Kiwi aggressor, instantly got it into his head that I had it in for everything New Zealand and never seemed to manage to shake such an impression out of himself.
    16toS (\mundaneyogi?) – you’re a top bloke, you really are. Certainly once, and very possibly twice, we’ve had some rip-roaring, fire-throwing, intense spats, and (both times?) you’ve eventually come around to being wholly friendly to me. Respect, my Kiwi bruddah.
    royGilchrst – old, OOOOLLLLDDD, poster this guy, haven’t seen him for ages, which is a shame.
    viktor – as I once said, I’m amazed you don’t post more (and the reason, that you’ve hardly seen any cricket for ages, is a real shame), you clearly know your stuff and you really made me laugh with your “now explain that to Arjun, will you?” comment a while back. If you posted more (and had the chance to see more cricket) you might well be up there with the site’s top posters, I know that’s a big call.
    Kent – another who doesn’t seem to be around any more, and another who went from the disrespect to the respect. I won’t repeat the clichés, they’re getting tired.
    jot1 – top gal, you are. I respected you greatly for your chauvinism outburst, even if I didn’t totally agree with absolutely everything, and you’re one of a small number of SAffies on here, and the few posts you make on CC are good quality stuff about your countrymen.
    Autobahn – a shame you don’t seem to be around any more, you were a very good poster on English cricket matters.
    Ford_GTHO351 – pretty similar to above, really, but “Australian” instead of English.
    badgerhair – a baffling guy if ever there was one. If you had a more sympathetic rather than arrogant attitude, you’d be right up there in the top-posters group, your cricket knowledge is second-to-none. Unfortunately, your attitude is poor and makes me wonder why you even bother to ordain to lower yourself to such appalling levels as this forum clearly permeates.
    barmyarmy – I’ve always been a bit surprised you don’t post more. Best screenname\avatar match-up, for a start.
    Jnr. – pretty similar to several, in being a quality poster (on a range of countries) who doesn’t seem to be around any more.
    Poker Boy – hellish knowledgeable on the game, you are, which makes your apparent chauvinism all the more of a shame. Am still looking forward to you posting more, though.
    Salamuddin – you’re a funny lad, you. You seem to mix outbursts with sensible comments, which make your undoubted knowledge of cricket clear.
    The Sean – am purely and simply looking forwards to you posting more. As long as you do, you’ll join the SJS\wpdavid\archie mac league, of that I (and I presume most) have few doubts.
    pakster – it’s a great shame you don’t post more, as you’re very knowledgeable on Pakistan cricket. Hilarious avatar-location combo, too.

Well, folks, that’s your lot. Haven’t included banned posters, nor those who’ve been sufficiently short-term IMO to not form a real assessment. I hope this thread doesn’t degenerate into a Benchmark-esque flame-war.
    Last edited by Dan; 04-06-2014 at 04:44 AM.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    My God...
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Wow, marathon effort there. Flattered by your description of me considering it's been months and months since I've posted in CC regularly.

Hahaha, I think I broke a rib.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Nice thread, am sure it makes everyone warm and fuzzy inside.

Group hug everyone?

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Holy!

Awesome effort that Richard.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well guys, this took me a little while, but I felt we deserved it after Murphygate… I hope some good comes of it…

I’ve tried to be positive in my assessment of as many CWers as I can… throughout my long spell(s) on the forums I’ve got to know many, and I give an opinion even of those who aren’t here any longer…

James – IMO, anyone on this site who isn’t grateful to you doesn’t really have a clue. CW is easily the best-run forum I’ve come across and it’s a measure of such a thing that even when we have tiffs eventually things return to normal. Your steady hand on the tiller can simply not be ignored in this. One thing I do think is a shame is that you don’t seem to have had the time to post any more other than in modding capacity – throughout my entire time here! Except on the big NZ issues like Astle’s retirement. Even if you’ve got more important things to be getting on with, the forum would be more with your contribution.
    Andre – did a good job as Vice-Administrator, BTSOT. Don’t actually have a clue why he left, and didn’t have a hell of a lot of correspondance with him, but enough to suggest he’s missed IMO.
    Rich T – again, sadly you hardly ever seem to post any more – and I miss that double because you (like Rik and PY) in the early days not merely made me very welcome but also had some terrific cricketing discussions. A top bloke and a top poster (in his day) IMO.
    marc71178 – hmm, well… we’ve had our differences, it’s fair to say. Gotta say I deeply respect that fact that you appear to have been willing to wipe the slate something like semi-blank since my latest return, though. Still deride me where you feel appropriate, which is certainly fair enough, but seem at least willing to engage in sensible discussion elsewhere. Respect – on my part.
    Neil Pickup – you don’t post much any more, and as you once said to me on MSN “how often do I criticise you on the forums?” You’re a decent enough egg, you are. The forums would be much, much lesser without your (mostly) paternal persona. Good teacher you’ll make, I daresay.
    Rik H – man, you’re missed, that’s all I say. Great bloke, great cricket knowledge, willing to open your mind to anything as long as it’s got an ounce of sense. If you ever come back to CW, I feel sure most who remember you will welcome you with open arms.
    Top_Cat – not sure where you are right now, but I feel sure you’ll be back. CW is greater on the occasions you’re with us than when you’re without. Your collection of footage is unrivalled in my experience and there’s little I’d love more than to be let loose amongst it. You’re a very, very well-rounded guy on top of that, I might add.
    Mr Mxzptlk – good man. Not unlike the “new” Marc, is willing to make sensible discussion even if he disagrees often in other cases. Quite the most knowledgeable guy I’ve ever met on the subject of West Indian cricket, and not bad on the rest of The World, either.
    Langeveldt – I’ve never had any reason to doubt your integrity or love for the game… even if you do get a bit down on the way it’s going of times. A top poster and, in my experience, a good guy too. Respect your devotion to both SA and England.
    Craig – you and me go way back, my man. Great guy, you are, and I hope you and your team go far on your Content Updating project. But for most, you have a lot to answer for. But for you, I probably wouldn’t be here.
    luckyeddie – the forum is poorer for your disappearance, and I say that with completely genuine sentiment. You may have exasperated me of times with your extra-jokey attitude, but while some might believe such a thing to be impossible, you did make me laugh. Lots. And I was right about Harmison, which eases my mind considerably. (Insert tounge-smiley here)
    Tim – one of the most knowledgeable guys I’ve come across on NZ cricket. Your patriotic semi-one-eyedness is certainly not unique and hence forgiveable.
    Simon F – haven’t really had much correspondance with you, TBH.
    FaaipDeOiad – an alien (or guest) might quite easily get the impression we’d happily rip each others’ throats out. Or keyboards, at least. Nothing could, on my part at least, be further from the truth. IMO you contribute a hell of a lot to the forum, you’re one of the most knowledgeable on Australian cricket on here, and I genuinely hope I don’t over-exasperate you. Believe it or not, I don’t hate Australia or Australian cricket any more than the next Englishman – indeed, I probably like it more than plenty.
    Mister Wright – top man, our Mister Wright, IMO. Might seem a trifle bizarre, given that the last time our posts corresponded was probably about 2 years ago, but your view of the media and its influence on cricket is in my experience quite unparalleled here on CW. You don’t seem to be posting as much as previously at present, but you are a GM, I suppose.
    age_master – I’ve never really known you that well, TBH.
    lord_of_darkness – l_o_d, my brah, I think you’re a top man, and a top poster. Your standing amonst OTers is near enough top-of-the-pile – and deservedly so IMO. Well-rounded guy, easy to get on with to near enough anyone, and also a vital player in the CW XI.
    andyc – few, if any, on CW have the propensity to be so and so likeable at the same time. You’re a shogun, Cameron.
    steds – haha, we’ve had some laughs down the years, haven’t we, steddos? The digging escapade was about as much fun as I’ve ever had on CW, and I honestly do miss our chats on MSN which were commonplace of one time. Mostly my fault, I know, as I’ve been neglecting to come online of late. Here’s to rekindling old ties, eh?
    BoyBrumby – you’re all right, really, Brumbers. Takes a lot to come close to offending you, blatantly, and I’m sorry I’ve (twice) nearly managed it. You’re another of the best-rounded guys I know – like cricket (well, English cricket to be harsh) and a good night out with a drink or 6 with your mates. Hey – what else does a REAL guy need?
    Jono – as with 1 or 2 others, it’d not be unfair to say we’ve had our differences in no small way, eh? I really respect the fact that you’ve been willing to bury the hatchet for most of the time of late, though. One of the leading authorities on both Indian and Australian cricket on here – as Tharmi is with Sri Lanka and Australia.
    Nnanden – t‘ man, is our Nnanden. Not gonna meet many nicer lads IMO.
    superkingdave – uh, I honestly don’t know when the last time our posts corresponded was.
    tooextracool – hmm, the two of us are actually more similar than perhaps most realise. And that extends to knowing plenty about cricket. I’m willing to give and take with you, these days – and I’d say it makes CW a better and lesser place at the same time.
    Pratyush – aside from the first-chance thing, it’s hard to remember a disagreement we’ve had. If I was Indian, I’d probably be you, there’s not much else we don’t have in common. Always great to catch up on MSN, shame we haven’t done much of late either.
    SJS – I can’t really say any one person’s the top poster on CW, but you’re certainly in the group which tops the lot. And I don’t think many would disagree. Your knowledge of cricket (not just Indian cricket) is probably unequalled here, and your attitude to those younger than you (unlike several in your position) is IMO first-rate. Always willing to engage in conversation and always see the sympathetic side of things. How you haven’t made a career in cricket journalism is perhaps nothing more than a matter of chance (though I don’t know the particulars, obviously).
    Samuel_Vimes – you’re another I’ve missed catching-up with on MSN. For a Norwegian, your passion for cricket is astonishing, and you’re one of the hardest people I’ve ever met to dislike. Here’s hoping you say a bit more at the next CW meet-up than the last! (Insert wink smiley here)
    silentstriker – the rumours I’ve heard about you to date seem inconceivable to me. 1,000-per-week is usually said with (at least semi-) negative connotations. I know, obviously, such a thing to be far from the truth but to me you seem like one of the best CC posters going around. And a well-rounded guy to boot. You’ve advanced the site more than pretty much any non-Staff IMO (whose ranks you have now deservedly joined).
    aussie – haven’t seen you around much of late, but you never fail to make me laugh. And not at all in a negative way. Even if it’s just the “yo” all the time which we’ve had of late… CW would be lesser without you and there can’t be many higher compliments – and with you there are several reasons for that.
    Tom Halsey – you’re one of many who post less on CC than you used to, but you’re also one of those I’ve had least disagreement with – and most cordial disagreement when they have occurred. Knowing myself as I do, I know it’s unlikely to be down too much to me, which makes the conclusion obvious. I think it’s a shame you don’t post so much on CC any more – and like some others it’s a shame I haven’t spoken to you on MSN often of late.
    Blewy – good captain of CW, you’ve been. I don’t really know much about you apart from that, though.
    Pete Y – if I had to find a case-study for “most well-rounded guy I’ve never met” you’d be right up there. In fact, strike that, you’d win hands-down. Well, if you counted English only, that is, because…
    vic_orthdox – if you went for an Aussie or someone from somewhere else, vic would probably shove onto the podium alongside you – and no-one could then separate the two of you. You do a top job as both GMs and posters – I can scarcely recall anything remotely approaching a negative comment towards even the most annoying of members (and I undoubtedly lap into that category occasionally) from either of you. Top job. I’ve barely spoken to either of you on MSN, but I don’t really think my impression would be changed if I did.
    Jamee999 – love Neil’s semi-taunting of you in the “he’s only little”; “small child” etc. regards, but your position as WCC Chairman seems to suggest a little maturity not recognised by Mr Pickup. And something of a high esteem on the site in general, for that matter.
    Scaly piscine – insults towards other members aren’t permitted. For that reason, this section will remain blank. I honestly can’t think of a single thing good to say about this-‘un.
    Matteh – of all the major posters, Mitchell really is one of the few I struggle to remember a cross word between myself and him. Don’t really know you that well, TBH, so given my propensity to speak gobbledegook, I can only come to the conclusion that you’re the opposite of me – in that for me, silence is assent. Your arrival at the CW MU ’06 in a suit will remain the stuff of CW legend and such a thing not being the source of eternal piss-taking (at least where I’ve been viewing) indicates your standing, really.
    roseboy64 – had to laugh at your “tsk, tsk” comment a while ago. Aside from that, I can’t recall our paths crossing.
    Robertinho – good guy, from the relatively little I know of you.
    sledger – piss poor excuse for a bad guy, you are. You tried to fool us all initially, I know, but it really was impossible. I was utterly flabbergasted when you apologised to me for a *slightly heated* tete-a-tete a long while ago – no-one has ever undertaken such a course of action, before or since. From that moment, you’ve been the guy I’ve got on with probably best on the entire site. You’re the only one who ever bothered to speak to me on MSN during my most recent and most lengthy absence from CW, and all-in-all I’ve no reason to suspect that you won’t go far in this World. But hopefully you’ll stay here with us in that time, obviously.
    adharcric – I don’t actually know your name, but you’re a top guy, that I don’t have any doubt. One of the mainstays of CC, and never in my experience make a negative comment when not completely deserved. One of the best posters on the subject of Indian cricket I’ve met.
    Barney Rubble – if sledger’s a piss poor excuse for a bad guy, you’re probably the person most impossible to mistake for one. That I ever offended you by appearing to call you a racist is a regret far beyond any other of mine during my time on this site. You strike perhaps the best balance I’ve encountered between passion for cricket and passion for your team. And perhaps the best balance in general posting terms, too. I hope you make it in cricket journalism, because that field will be better off with you in it. But I hope you keep me on your MSN through the time.
    Sanz – hmm… I’ve never been able to work this guy out. My experience of him is not exclusively negative, but he baffles me more than just about anyone.
    Voltman – if things continue on their merry way, you’re someone who I respect more than almost anyone on here. The two of us have traded more sarky comments than near enough anyone – and of late you still appear willing to bury the hatchet. Top man – and yeah, I admit it – you’re a funny ****er, too. And congrats on spotting in that thread about highest Test score what no-one else did.
    C_C – contrary to what pretty much anyone who reads our postal exchanges may get the impression, I don’t think you’re a bad guy at all. And I think you’re very, very knowledgeable on cricket to boot. I do struggle to work you out of times, though – in many ways you outdo even me on the unconventional thought lines.
    Cloete – not that we’ve had much crossing of paths, but I don’t have any doubt you’re a good man, Andy.
    chaminda_00 – you’re a remarkable guy, all in all, in that you’re essentially both Australian and Sri Lankan in cricket. And you know more than most about both countries’ exploits, too. Certainly right up there with Lang and Jono in the dual-camp guys.
    pasag – well… I don’t know if I’m ever going to be 100% sure about you, you do mystify me a little, but I take encouragement from the fact that you’ve not crucified me for a third time… yet. You’re undoubtedly one of the main men of this site, your knowledge of Australian cricket is up there with any of us, and you seem for perhaps 99.98% of the time to be a really, really sympathetic guy… then you’ve twice revealed pent-up rage that I had not one clue was there. I hope those days are behind us, because I’ve no wish to enrage you (or anyone else who shares your sentiments) and if I didn’t have such worries I’m sure I’d enjoy conversing with you more than most.
    Sudeep – Popasud is another of those contenders for “nicest guy”. Can sound like faint praise when said too often, but it’s unavoidable – there’s no other fitting description. You’re another one I’ve really missed catching-up with on MSN – I don’t even know if I’ve still got your correct address. Great, great guy.
    Casson – grandilesquent in name, slob in nature. (Insert tongue-smiley) Nah, you’re all right, really, Cass – in fact you’re one of that crowd I’ve mentioned once or twice who I have huge respect for because we shared one or two massive slanging-matches back in t’ day, yet you were willing to bury the hatchet. You’re a funny ****er, too, I might add. And it suits you.
    Deja moo – great shame you’re not around any more, K, don’t know why you left, but you were one of the best and IMO funniest posters – without even trying, often, to be especially funny. I hope you return if such a thing is an option.
    Slow Love™ – hands-down, you’re one of the best-rounded guys on the forum, and I could tell that on about your 3rd or 4th post. You know your cricket, you know your… virtually everything, really. And of all those like you who’re widely knowledgeable, you do a better impression of a human-being than near enough anyone.
    nibblet – I really can’t find much good to say about you, I’m afraid. You baffle me.
    Adamc – our Adamc is a good man – and he’s one of the best posters on CC IMO, which is saying a bit. Not quite in the SJS\archie mac or PY\vic stakes, but not a million miles short.
    dontcloseyoureyes – I’m still not 100% sure about you, but I hope you were genuine in your laughing at my piss-take-of-the-piss-take of yours. I found your “I disagree” pretty funny, myself, and I did my best to come-up with a response that both refuted and jogged along with. The ball’s in your court.
    JASON – one of the few who I honestly can’t ever recall seeing a single bad word come off your keyboard. I’ll have missed something somewhere I know, but I think you’re a top guy. Right up there in the “nicest poster” stakes. And you know your Sri Lankan cricket, to boot.
    Swervy – well, what to say, what to say? The rivalry that perhaps over-biscuits any in CW – yes, even myself and tec have rarely had such vociferous disagreements as myself and Swervy. The Camel56 idiot types don’t count here, BTW, as near enough everyone despised them. I don’t think you’re a bad bloke at heart, but I must say I find you just a little contrary of times (a sentiment I don’t doubt for a second is rebutted toward myself). Why that should be, I’ve never been quite sure.
    Buddhmaster – funny little guy, is our Buddhy Blackman. I’ve not had much correspondance with you, but I’ve never been totally sure about you, TBH. That’s not a bad thing – it’s not a good thing – probably it says no more than that I’m not into OT much.
    Loony BoB – I admit I haven’t been around in the time but I personally find the flak that’s flown your way amazing. I emphasise again – I’ve only seen (in hindsight) bits and pieces of the problems so many seem to have had with you, so I have no real clue. But in your time purely as a poster, I always thought you were pretty scrupulously fair in all counts. Would probably be unfair to either side to say more than that.
    Kweek – you’re a great lad, Taz, I enjoy talking to you on MSN and on the rare occasion our paths cross on here. You’re a lucky ******* too, if all those pics of you and various girls are to be believed. And your lack of shyness, for a naturally shy guy like me, at the CW MU was little short of astounding.
    Anil – I do respect you, greatly, if you don’t realise such a thing. I’m not in agreeance with you on quite a few things, and your posting style does occasionally make me laugh out loud (not in an especially negative or positive way, and never better illustrated on your response to the How Come Dravid… Selfish thread) but I do admire your manner – argue where you feel argument is appropriate, and not where you feel ground has already been repeated. IMO CC would be a better place if you posted a bit more.
    ash chaulk – a good man, is our Chaulk. Doesn’t post that much for such a long-term member, but is another of those well-rounded guys I’ve mentioned a few times.
    NZTailender – I don’t know your name, and you’re one of the best posters whose names I don’t know. Really know your NZ cricket, and have an excellent style – one of the least aggressive people on here.
    honestbharani – a dead-set gun, to paraphrase a certain someone. The ultimate pacifist, for mine – if ever you wanted someone to calm the troubled waters, here’s your man IMO. Oh, yeah, he knows plenty and plenty about Indian cricket to boot. One of the best on this site, no doubts.
    Blaze – not around as much as he used to be, it seems, and that’s a real shame, I really enjoyed our discussions – you were one of the few I could discuss interestingly with without any real disagreements. May you return to posting more.
    Piper – great gal, IMO. Another one of those people who barely says a bad word. You add more to OT than most.
    _Ed_ – hell of a guy, all things considered. Not often seen him say a bad word, and one of a clutch of Kiwis who both know their cricket and taper-off well into the World at large.
    Mr. P – shame he’s not around any more, real shame. I enjoyed our discussions on CC, he was always willing to debate hotly without things ever getting heated. If that makes sense. (Insert wacko-smiley)
    archie mac – if SJS was Australian (and 20-odd years younger) I’m sure he’d be you. Fantastic guy, and hellish knowledgeable on cricket. In the top group of posters, you unquestionably number, and I doubt many if any would dispute such a thing.
    Slats4ever – not crossed paths often of late but always seemed a decent enough guy back in ‘ day.
    GoT_SpIn – you must be the most prolific poster who I can’t remember ever, once, conversing with. I’d probably give you an award – if I knew you at all.
    Arjun – another one who goes way back, you and me. You probably know more about current Indian cricket than anyone on here – maybe even SJS – but why, oh, why do you have to be so obsessed with big muscles and tall height?
    alternative – a respected member, undoubtedly. I don’t know, myself, I can’t ever recall the two of us conversing.
    FRAZ – just… I just love you, FRAZ, I really do. Not just your turn-of-phrase, the way you can seemingly split into about 5 personalities… often within an hour or less. I’m so delighted you were un-banned (though bizarrely about 5 days after my last post before my most recent sabbatical ) and CW would, to me, be massively, massively lesser without you. Not least because you do actually know quite a bit about Pakistan cricket – when you ordain to communicate it with us.
    Linda – you’re all right, really, you are. And that’s about all I can say, because the only times I remember conversing with you have been very recently with the T2IBS and on the subject of my avatar a while ago. Both of which made me laugh, really.
    Son Of Coco – seems to have lost all respect for me both as person and poster, which disappoints me, frankly.
    KennyD – great lad, IMO. Not spoken to him for ages, but he was better to me than most have ever been.
    masterblaster – along with JASON, Sudeep, vic, hbh and PY, one of that “nicest poster” group. Can barely recall an unadulterated bad word from your keyboard, shame you don’t seem to have posted since my comeback.
    Perm – top man, in my limited experience. One of those very knowledgeable and likeable Kiwis.
    James90 – haven’t conversed too much, but will forever make me laugh with his “He did” response to Marc, which is linked (third) in my sig. Worth the admission money to CW alone, that post, IMO.
    biased indian – funny guy, all-in-all. Never seems aggressive or anything, but often seems to be capable of putting negativity across positively. And I don’t know whether that’s a good or bad thing.
    Dasa – long-term Staff Membership says it all, really. Good man, is our Dasa, and one of those I really hope I haven’t annoyed too much, because it’s the last thing I want or he deserves.
    Goughy – you’re almost an English (if you take your English side) version of Top_Cat, really (though I’m not totally sure the two of you have ever even met). Undoubtedly a smashing all-round bloke, and impossibly experienced in this wonderful game of cricket. If he speaks, I listen – and that’s true to such an extent of not too many. Would be especially interested to talk to you on MSN sometime.
    NikhilN – Marc once dubbed him “an annoying little kid” and that was IMO pretty apt. I can’t really forgive him for his stupid annoying James with non-stop name-changing.
    twctopcat – another cracking bloke, this-‘un – crying shame he never seems to post in CC any more because his take on cricket was always interesting.
    TT_Boy – good to have another SAfrican on here, ‘tis. Knows his stuff, this one.
    Prince EWS – the member I’m most astounded has so few posts. Been a member since way back, and knows the game better IMO than most, and is a thoroughly decent guy from what I know too, but for whatever reason mixes huge spells of inactivity with intense periods.
    chris.hinton – worth having for “h”, “Mr Myrik gets my goat” and “Zimbabwe cricket is really e” even if there weren’t other reasons – which there are, emphatically. If the Ajit\Dave ever doesn’t get awarded to him in a week where he posts, life’s cracked one of it’s great injustices.
    GeraintIsMyHero – another to add to the Sangrah, PY, Sudeep, etc. club. Great guy, love his enthusiasm for the game (and England… in particular…) and how anyone could in seriousness say a bad word about him surprises me.
    Fiery – top bloke, is this Kiwi. And probably the one you’d have least doubt is a Kiwi, too. Likes his boys, does this bloke, and not afraid to big ‘em up, either. But that doesn’t mean he lacks appreciation for other countries. Very fine poster IMO.
    The Baconator – top lad, in every respect. Youngest Staff Member ever? Surely so, and wholly deservedly too. Wise beyond his years.
    PhoenixFire – not dissimilar, all things told. Young, yeah, but I’d not have guessed 14. Add to the Crampton crew.
    LongHopCassidy – virtually a case of read-above. Amazed when I found-out you were only 14 in ' day.
    Pedro D – crackerjack if ever there was one. This guy’s got everything a poster could really want IMO. Except that he doesn’t seem to be around any more. Terrible shame, and a massive loss to the forums. Perhaps not quite in the SJS, archie mac league, but if not I’ll damn well want to know why. And a funny ****er, too – never have myself and tec been parodied anywhere near so well.
    howardj – superb poster IMO. I’ve not met many who come so close to sharing my perspective on the game. This also applies to…
    thierry henry – but even more so.
    nightprowler10 – one of the top Pakistanis on here, and undoubtedly a top bloke, too.
    Clapo – haven’t spoken much yet, but sounds like a good guy to me.
    AussieDominance – TBF, I don’t think you’re as black as they paint you. Those words may come back to haunt me.
    Eclipse – after a decidedly dodgy start, I really enjoyed my convos with this guy. Shame he’s not around any more.
    Waughney – same without the dodgy start.
    cricketboy29 – can’t actually remember your name, but you seem a good lad.
    anzac – crying, crying shame this bloke isn’t around any more IMO. There are a lot of fine Kiwi posters, yes, but this guy was certainly up there with the very best. And undoubtedly a good guy to boot.
    a massive zebra (amz) – good bloke, IMO. Certainly knows his cricket. Shame he doesn’t seem to be around at the mo.
    vishnureddy) – one of my fave posters, personally. Seems to be long-gone all the time, too, but always pops-up back occasionally. I said it about Pratyush, but I could just as easily say it about Vish – if I was Indian, I might well be you.
    Jungle Jumbo – good man, Jungle Jumbo, IMO. Likes his Banglas, too. I like to think I played a small part in advancing his love for ‘em, too. Will go far.
    Turbinator – good lad, you are. Some people here are a bit harsh on you IMO – though I wasn’t around at the time of your induction into CWdom.
    Fardin (cricket player; “Bob”) – your loss was a terrible tragedy, and I shall forever carry the message in my sig that you may RIP. It’s a mark of how loved you were that many others do the same.
    open365 – good poster, is our Bowman. Actually knows his cricket well, and contrary to popular beliefs, Dickinson did not call him either racist or sexist.
    Paid The Umpire – you share my name! And that, really, is all I know about you… (Insert unsure smiley)
    DJellett – DJs are always cool…
    Fusion – very possibly the best Pakistani poster on here in terms of cricket knowledge, and no reason to believe he’s not a top bloke either. Only competitor in those stakes is…
    Beleg – a great guy, I’ve always thought. Really knows his Pakistan cricket and not afraid to venture into the lands of other countries, either. Perceptive, sympathetic (except where scorn is really, REALLY deserved) and just a well-rounded guy. One of my fave posters, can barely remember a genuinely cross word between the two of us, always keeps any criticism measured and constructive.
    wpdavid – in that group of very-best-posters-on-forum. It really is impossible to separate this bloke from SJS, archie mac, Top_Cat and Goughy. And I enjoy discussing stuff with you probably more than anyone else. You’re a well of knowledge about English cricket in the 70s and 80s, something that interests me beyond most things, and hence I’ve learned more from you than pretty well anyone else. I really hope you might be able to come to a CW MU one day, because it’d be an enrichment for everyone who attended to meet you.
    AUST_HiTMaN – old Davo doesn’t come on the main parts of the site any more, which is a shame, because the limited discussions we’ve had on MSN show this lad really knows his cricket – especially his WAn and Australian stuff. Still a pillar of strength in CW XI though.
    zinzan12 – you’re another guy I struggle to work-out of times, but you undoubtedly know your Kiwi cricket.
    Steulen – this forum truly did lack a Dutchman. You’ve put that right (and ///name removed/// has since followed-suit). Don’t post on CC that much, but you do post quality.
    Xuhaib – not a big poster, but I’ve often wondered why. Quality stuff rarely fails to come from your keyboard.
    deeps – goes a long way back, this one, and full respect for coming a long way from the homophobia of old times. Respect there, at least.
    grecian – the epitome of Exeter City fans. Nah, I don’t even know if he supports City, but a good CC poster, without doubt. Good screenname, too.
    The Argonaut – a long, long time poster but only ever at very rare intervals. Something I’ve always found a bit strange.
    BlackCap_Fan – good man, this guy is. I was grateful for him sticking-up for me against the Camel56 imbecile types, even if he got himself a ticking-off in the process, and as the sceenname suggests, supports his Kiwi boys well.
    SpaceMonkey – another who goes way back to the old English Cricket Forum on CricInfo (along with Craig and Arjun). Good poster, but not a very common one.
    shortpitched713 – top man, you are, I’ve no doubts of that. A relatively new member by this site’s standards, but you lift the calibre of discussion amongst Pakistinis and are right up there with Beleg, Fusion and np10 in those stakes.
    gibbsnsmith – long gone, this boy, but it’s a shame – and he did look like coming back some time a while ago.
    shankar – it’s a great, great shame you don’t post more. I’ve enjoyed more intelligent debate with you on the first-chance thing than absolutely anyone else, bar none. And on the relatively rare occasion you’ve posted on something else I can’t recall thinking anything other than “yup”.
    iamdavid – another of the old crowd (Craigos, Arjun, Space), and a shame you don’t post any more (bar the odd 3 posts once every 7 months or so) as you were one of the best Aussie lads I’ve ever met.
    Lillian Thomson – an old Englishman – in several senses of the word, it seems. Your knowledge of English cricket in the 70s and 80s is probably right up there with David Lewis, but I don’t know because I’ve barely discussed anything with you.
    Legglancer (& legglancer12) – cracking bloke, all in all. You made me laugh with your discussions with Piper all the time, and you do actually know your Sri Lankan cricket when you venture into discussing it. Here’s hoping you can get your old account back open.
    PommieMacGill – I’ve heard you’re like me in loving music that was made in a large part before you were even born and better still being unashamed to go to 70s\80s-music nights and dance the night away. is all I can say to that, even if you’re not around any more
    Ming\Mingster – strange Kiwi aggressor, instantly got it into his head that I had it in for everything New Zealand and never seemed to manage to shake such an impression out of himself.
    16toS (\mundaneyogi?) – you’re a top bloke, you really are. Certainly once, and very possibly twice, we’ve had some rip-roaring, fire-throwing, intense spats, and (both times?) you’ve eventually come around to being wholly friendly to me. Respect, my Kiwi bruddah.
    royGilchrst – old, OOOOLLLLDDD, poster this guy, haven’t seen him for ages, which is a shame.
    viktor – as I once said, I’m amazed you don’t post more (and the reason, that you’ve hardly seen any cricket for ages, is a real shame), you clearly know your stuff and you really made me laugh with your “now explain that to Arjun, will you?” comment a while back. If you posted more (and had the chance to see more cricket) you might well be up there with the site’s top posters, I know that’s a big call.
    Kent – another who doesn’t seem to be around any more, and another who went from the disrespect to the respect. I won’t repeat the clichés, they’re getting tired.
    jot1 – top gal, you are. I respected you greatly for your chauvinism outburst, even if I didn’t totally agree with absolutely everything, and you’re one of a small number of SAffies on here, and the few posts you make on CC are good quality stuff about your countrymen.
    Autobahn – a shame you don’t seem to be around any more, you were a very good poster on English cricket matters.
    Ford_GTHO351 – pretty similar to above, really, but “Australian” instead of English.
    badgerhair – a baffling guy if ever there was one. If you had a more sympathetic rather than arrogant attitude, you’d be right up there in the top-posters group, your cricket knowledge is second-to-none. Unfortunately, your attitude is poor and makes me wonder why you even bother to ordain to lower yourself to such appalling levels as this forum clearly permeates.
    barmyarmy – I’ve always been a bit surprised you don’t post more. Best screenname\avatar match-up, for a start.
    Jnr. – pretty similar to several, in being a quality poster (on a range of countries) who doesn’t seem to be around any more.
    Poker Boy – hellish knowledgeable on the game, you are, which makes your apparent chauvinism all the more of a shame. Am still looking forward to you posting more, though.
    Salamuddin – you’re a funny lad, you. You seem to mix outbursts with sensible comments, which make your undoubted knowledge of cricket clear.
    The Sean – am purely and simply looking forwards to you posting more. As long as you do, you’ll join the SJS\wpdavid\archie mac league, of that I (and I presume most) have few doubts.
    pakster – it’s a great shame you don’t post more, as you’re very knowledgeable on Pakistan cricket. Hilarious avatar-location combo, too.

Well, folks, that’s your lot. Haven’t included banned posters, nor those who’ve been sufficiently short-term IMO to not form a real assessment. I hope this thread doesn’t degenerate into a Benchmark-esque flame-war.
    I disagree.
    Last edited by Dan; 04-06-2014 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Editing quote
    GIMH and BeeGee like this.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

My lack of shyness?
    interesting views all around...
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Haha, Smith. Waiting for TEC's point-by-point rebuttal.

Makes me seem like abit of a monster there. Fine with that though, it's the image I'm going for.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I disagree.
    TOOL! don't quote the whole bloody thing

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I disagree.
    Hahaha.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Scaly should have an entry for mine. You can't just love everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Makes me seem like abit of a monster there. Fine with that though, it's the image I'm going for.
    Look out everyone, he's laying a jew-egg.

Haha, I think it took me so long to read that CW logged me out.

Good work Richard.

EDIT: @ Smith. And I didn't really understand where you were going for a large majority of mine, to tell you the truth.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information