Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eight Years Old and Fourteen Stone

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar

Eight Years Old and Fourteen Stone

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...253201,00.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6396457.stm
    http://www.channel4.com/news/content...sp?id=23232519

Choice extracts... "People pick on us because of my weight. They call us fat."

""Connor had a mouthful of apple once and he didn't like it."

"He refuses to eat fruit, vegetables and salads - he has processed foods."

"When Connor won't eat anything else, I've got to give him the foods he likes."

"Through Connor's weight gain there's been no-one there to step in. He's been going to doctors and stuff, he's been getting weighed, and no-one's actually stepped in and said `Look, there's a problem here, we have to get it sorted.'"

His mother Nicola McKeown, 35, has blamed doctors for failing to help the family."

People like her should not be allowed to reproduce. Or breathe.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    That's terrible but you shouldn't skit obese people.
    Last edited by cover drive man; 26-02-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Breakout Champion!
    **** me. That's disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    "Connor had a mouthful of apple once and he didn't like it."
    Pathetic.

I can't help but wander what that kid's like in the social part of life.

Banned
    Obviously not very good CDM man I find it sad and quite disgusting it has got to this level. Back to CDM he can barely walk so how is he going to go well in the social part of life!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance View Post
    Obviously not very good CDM man I find it sad and quite disgusting it has got to this level. Back to CDM he can barely walk so how is he going to go well in the social part of life!

But seriously surely that can't help with his social life.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    The prospect of this kid being taken into care >>>>>> than his current condition
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    I can't help but wander what that kid's like in the social part of life.
    People have **** social lives for all sorts of reason.

Contrary to popular belief(in my opinion anyway) being fat is not a reason to be unliked, having a **** personality of being a **** to other people is what gets you unliked, people just use fat as an insult because they want to hurt you, being fat often doesn't play a part in why your bullied.

Like some people who don't like me my height and appearance as an insult, yet the reason they dis like me is because i'm a nob head to them(seeing as whoever doesn't like me is generaly a ****), not because i'm tall and wear glasses.

His situation is terrible though, i can't believe a mother would let her child get like that, it's sickening.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief(in my opinion anyway) being fat is not a reason to be unliked.
    Indeed.

In my experience, fatties tend to get a lot of stick, but generally in a light-hearted manner unless they're a complete **** anyway.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    It's on ITV now. The boy's a tank. **** me.

EDIT: Hate to fall victim to the eighth deadly sin (snobbery), but you can't help but laugh at the sight of his mum doing chips with a fag in her mouth.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    On the BBC link, there's a photo of him with the caption 'Connor prefers processed food.'

That's sick. I wouldn't be able to let my kid or my brother look anything like that. Time they brought in some proper fitness training at school for all those overweight and with no proper medical reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    On the BBC link, there's a photo of him with the caption 'Connor prefers processed food.'

That's sick. I wouldn't be able to let my kid or my brother look anything like that. Time they brought in some proper fitness training at school for all those overweight and with no proper medical reason.
    ...and where do you want us to put that in the curriculum? Along with the other hundred topics in PSHE, which is non-compulsory and squeezed in the corner as it is?

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    ...and where do you want us to put that in the curriculum? Along with the other hundred topics in PSHE, which is non-compulsory and squeezed in the corner as it is?
    After school. County fitness guru comes in, ideally some huge guy. Weighs everyone in front of the whole school in assembly (allowing those with some medical condition to drop out). Ropes those on the list back in after school. Makes them do circuits until they can't run anymore. Which is about 10 minutes. That should sort them out.

You spend enough time in class doing loads of crap anyway - my Mum keeps going on about all this psychological stuff - 'brain gym' or something. Remove that, get rid of 'exploring relationships' and 'citizenship' from the timetable, remove all those extra breaks that keep appearing in the day. Then make them do star jumps, while learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    After school. County fitness guru comes in, ideally some huge guy. Weighs everyone in front of the whole school in assembly (allowing those with some medical condition to drop out). Ropes those on the list back in after school. Makes them do circuits until they can't run anymore. Which is about 10 minutes. That should sort them out.

You spend enough time in class doing loads of crap anyway - my Mum keeps going on about all this psychological stuff - 'brain gym' or something. Remove that, get rid of 'exploring relationships' and 'citizenship' from the timetable, remove all those extra breaks that keep appearing in the day. Then make them do star jumps, while learning.
    Brain Gym works.

Meh, when the incredibly stupid people of this country finally get rid of this labour government (nice documentary on channel 4 just now - saying how recent PFI hospitals being built which would have cost 8 billion in the public sector are actually going to cost 53 billion over 30 years because of the government going private so the borrowing doesn't go on their books) everything is going to need a rewrite anyway.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information