32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Khan

13 40.63%
  • Big B

19 59.38%
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Subcontinent Cinema Thread

Quote Originally Posted by C_C View Post
    Shah Rukh, imo, is not that good an actor - not that his acting is bad. He is quite good in some roles but he is too one-dimentional in his style to do varieties of roles. Especially the kind of roles that requires a guy to show a whole range of emotions and sensetivity without comming off as gay. Devdas kinda role, Dileep Kumar was suited for imo.
    Did you see the movie Swades my any chance mate? It is one of the few movies in which Shahrukh Khan cuts out his Shahrukh Khan mannerisms and does an excellent job. I am certain that he is not one dimensional at all - he just does it because it pays off at the box office and it works.

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
    Did you see the movie Swades my any chance mate? It is one of the few movies in which Shahrukh Khan cuts out his Shahrukh Khan mannerisms and does an excellent job. I am certain that he is not one dimensional at all - he just does it because it pays off at the box office and it works.
    Nope havn't seen that one. I gave up Shah Rukh long time ago. Ever since he made that movie with Rani and Kajol ( wife-dies-he marries best friend- weird daughter angle,etc). Before that, the only Shah Rukh movie i enjoyed was DDLJ but then again, it was more to do with the storyline, songs and scenery than the acting.
    He just annoys me no end and i definitely prefer watching Amir Khan at work over Shah Rukh.
    Ayways, don't take my comments on bollywood seriously - i've watched like less than 10 bollywood movies in the last 7 years. watched one once a month or so before that for a few years but mostly oldies.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    Isn't it ridiculously long?
    its longer than it needs to be i guess.....but still...comparing with some of the movies released this year....bhagam bhag is jokes! definitely worth a watch!

swades was a good movie! AND SRK was brilliant! I agree with pratyush on that! I think that SRK is actually a good actor but some roles dont suit him....like DON for example...he wasnt too bad, but a complete minor when compared to the big B!

Nope havn't seen that one. I gave up Shah Rukh long time ago. Ever since he made that movie with Rani and Kajol ( wife-dies-he marries best friend- weird daughter angle,etc). Before that, the only Shah Rukh movie i enjoyed was DDLJ but then again, it was more to do with the storyline, songs and scenery than the acting.
    He just annoys me no end and i definitely prefer watching Amir Khan at work over Shah Rukh.
    Ayways, don't take my comments on bollywood seriously - i've watched like less than 10 bollywood movies in the last 7 years. watched one once a month or so before that for a few years but mostly oldies.
    I can see where you are coming from..

Here's one for you, Dhoom or Dhoom 2? And we're disregarding the fact that there are NO good looking girls in Dhoom.
    Dhoom, by a mile.

And Esha Deol didn't look too bad, IMO.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Dileep Kumar was compared to Ashok Kumar and Raj Kapoor. He certainly was not as good as one of them but still, he was better than most lead actors in hollywood or bollywood.
    That's your opinion on Dilip Kumar, and I can respect it, but I think it's stretching it to say he was "certainly" not as good as Ashok Kumar and Raj Kapoor. I rate him to be better than both (and better than Guru Dutt and Dev Anand from that era). I think you'll find plenty of people that share my opinion.

Btw who else here thinks Kajol is not in the slightest attractive. I swear actresses are supposed to have two eyebrows.

Also, who's seen Lagey Raho Munna Bhai. I thought nothing could top MBBS but this was a good laugh. Arshad Warsi is a genious as Circuit.
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

RIP Fardin

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    That's your opinion on Dilip Kumar, and I can respect it, but I think it's stretching it to say he was "certainly" not as good as Ashok Kumar and Raj Kapoor. I rate him to be better than both (and better than Guru Dutt and Dev Anand from that era). I think you'll find plenty of people that share my opinion.
    Dev Anand i can see, Guru Dutt i havnt watched or heard of much so i dunno but Ashok Kumar and Raj Kapoor are usually rated the best pure actors of hindi movie scene and imo, the only ones in their ranks are Nana Patekar, Kamal Hassan, Sanjeev Kumar, Shashi Kapoor and Anupam Kher.

C_C
    Btw who else here thinks Kajol is not in the slightest attractive. I swear actresses are supposed to have two eyebrows.

Also, who's seen Lagey Raho Munna Bhai. I thought nothing could top MBBS but this was a good laugh. Arshad Warsi is a genious as Circuit.
    I think exactly the opposite actually - Kajol is super attractive.
    She has the attributes that i call 'real woman'. She's not slim but she isn't fat (my type), she's got very expressive eyes and her face isnt plucked and manicured to look like a fashion project from Gothica or something. Always liked the 'natural' look of actresses like Kajol, Helen Hunt, Madhuri, etc etc.
    I just hate the way 99.99% people look in hollywood movies because it isnt natural look and i don't know why people get so excited about that which is so unnatural.
    <Yes, CC is oldfashioned in this >

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    As an actor Dilip Kumar was miles ahead of RajKapoor and definately better than Ashok Kumar. C_C's suggestion is laughable at best.

Dev Anand i can see, Guru Dutt i havnt watched or heard of much so i dunno but Ashok Kumar and Raj Kapoor are usually rated the best pure actors of hindi movie scene and imo, the only ones in their ranks are Nana Patekar, Kamal Hassan, Sanjeev Kumar, Shashi Kapoor and Anupam Kher.
    And Dilip isn't ? Common I have never known anyone(other than you) that rates RajKapoor/Ashok Kumar better actors than Dilip Kumar. Of the list you mentioned, only Sanjeev Kumar is better than him.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    I haven't seen many movies featuring Dilip, Ashok Kumar, and Raj Kapoor, but this certainly is the first time I have anyone say that those two were better than Dilip. And Shashi?
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    And Dilip isn't ? Common I have never known anyone(other than you) that rates RajKapoor/Ashok Kumar better actors than Dilip Kumar. Of the list you mentioned, only Sanjeev Kumar is better than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I haven't seen many movies featuring Dilip, Ashok Kumar, and Raj Kapoor, but this certainly is the first time I have anyone say that those two were better than Dilip. And Shashi?
    Yeah, not trying to disrespect CC's opinion, but I was very surprised that he rated Ashok Kumar and Raj Kapoor as "certainly" better. Much like Brando did for Hollywood, Dilip popularized the concept of "method acting" in Bollywood. Not saying he was the first or the only actor to do it, just that he had such success with it that it became popular. I've seen films of that era, and Dilip's acting stands out above the rest IMO. Devdas, Deedar, Gunga Jumna, Ram Aur Shyam display his acting talent abundantly. Even in the only "head to head" matchup he had with Raj Kapoor in Andaaz he comes out ahead. His later day films are not bad either. His performance in "Shakti" is one of my all time favorites (along with Amitabh's).

love that movie! Warsi is great

Kajol is not that attractive IMO...she's ok i guess!

My fav. actress; Rani....but a fan of vidya balan

Actor: No idea at the moment....quite confused.... ill go for abhishek and hrithik!

Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information