Cricket Player Manager
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 895

Thread: What's the weather like in your part of the world?

  1. #211
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Favourite weather here at the moment. Bit chilly, but the sun is out.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  2. #212
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Lovely weather today. Although not so for Stuarday and Sunday it seems.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  3. #213
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,952
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    You still in Melb?

    Couldn't believe how bad it's been the last couple of days.
    Yeah, hopefully getting assignment in London for next June but deffo here till then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

  4. #214
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Yeah, hopefully getting assignment in London for next June but deffo here till then.
    Be prepared for their favourite game of 20 questions before they let you into the country. Well that what happens to me.


  5. #215
    Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    11,114
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Favourite weather here at the moment. Bit chilly, but the sun is out.
    Lucky. It's not heavy rain here but still drizzling non stop today.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

    Manager of South Australia (WCC)

    Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

  6. #216
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Be prepared for their favourite game of 20 questions before they let you into the country. Well that what happens to me.
    Yeah, me too last time. The first time through with a working holiday visa I had no problems. The second time I got the thousand question routine. Wanted to say "Do you honestly think I'd try to sneak into your country to stay?", but the combined effect of the turnaround and 24 hours of more flying to get back to Australia would have been more than I could handle.

    I got questions like "Do you know anyone in the UK" (I was there on a 2 year working visa previously...no, I don't ****ing know anyone ); "Who do you know?"; "Do you have a visa for Hungary" ("I don't need a visa for Hungary"); "If you were doing a course here you'd need a visa" (...I'm not doing a course here). Just annoying rather than purposeful. Check my bank balance and lets get on with it.

    Got it again coming back to the UK through Edinburgh. The guys were the worst, the women showed some common sense. I also found the people at check-in incredibly anal. The only place I've been where they get you for being a kilo over (on Easyjet or Ryanair - the big airlines were ok). Everywhere else I haven't had a problem.

    I have a feeling it's just for show though. They're kidding themselves if they think they can tell your intentions with a few questions and a ****house personality. They'd be better off concentrating on the Euro tunnel and getting the people who overstay their visas. A mate of mine overstayed by 6 years...a bit of tightening needs to be done methinks.

    Once you get into the country though it's quite nice.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  7. #217
    International Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,544
    Finally some sun!

    Yesterday we went 10 hour without power, until it was fixed. It was good having a break from technology, and experiencing the life of the older, pre-lights and technology era. I have done earth hour before, but going from 9 am to 7-8pm really was different, and fun.

  8. #218
    cpr
    cpr is offline
    International Coach cpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    10,186
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Mad at the minute, pissed on this morning,


    Whatever floats your boat i suppose
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

  9. #219
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131

  10. #220
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Had the best weather ever today. Not a cloud in the sky, 25C (!!!) and not a breath of wind. Love days like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

  11. #221
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Had the best weather ever today. Not a cloud in the sky, 25C (!!!) and not a breath of wind. Love days like this.
    IIRC during your winter you said you loved it when it was only 2C?

  12. #222
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    22,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    IIRC during your winter you said you loved it when it was only 2C?
    It's not mutually exclusive.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

    Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

  13. #223
    International Captain luffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ****
    Posts
    5,356
    Weather was boring today.

  14. #224
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    IIRC during your winter you said you loved it when it was only 2C?
    I love it in the winter when it is really cold and there is loads of snow and stuff like that.

    I also love it when it is super hot in the summer and sunny as well.

    As Hakon said, they aren't mutually exclusive.

  15. #225
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Yeah, me too last time. The first time through with a working holiday visa I had no problems. The second time I got the thousand question routine. Wanted to say "Do you honestly think I'd try to sneak into your country to stay?", but the combined effect of the turnaround and 24 hours of more flying to get back to Australia would have been more than I could handle.

    I got questions like "Do you know anyone in the UK" (I was there on a 2 year working visa previously...no, I don't ****ing know anyone ); "Who do you know?"; "Do you have a visa for Hungary" ("I don't need a visa for Hungary"); "If you were doing a course here you'd need a visa" (...I'm not doing a course here). Just annoying rather than purposeful. Check my bank balance and lets get on with it.

    Got it again coming back to the UK through Edinburgh. The guys were the worst, the women showed some common sense. I also found the people at check-in incredibly anal. The only place I've been where they get you for being a kilo over (on Easyjet or Ryanair - the big airlines were ok). Everywhere else I haven't had a problem.

    I have a feeling it's just for show though. They're kidding themselves if they think they can tell your intentions with a few questions and a ****house personality. They'd be better off concentrating on the Euro tunnel and getting the people who overstay their visas. A mate of mine overstayed by 6 years...a bit of tightening needs to be done methinks.

    Once you get into the country though it's quite nice.


    Nice, look forward to it. Better make sure I shaved before boarding too I guess. Or is it not like that?

Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How would you Pick Englands ODI team After the world cup
    By Bob Bamber in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 17-04-2007, 06:02 AM
  2. World Cup 2007 Last For Many Legends
    By miheershah in forum World Cup 2007
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 08:39 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28-06-2006, 05:10 PM
  4. The greatest World Cup matches of all-time
    By GIMH in forum 2006 Football World Cup - Germany
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 28-06-2006, 02:41 AM
  5. WC 2007 Squad Selection
    By Barney Rubble in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •