Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricketweb Concert Calendar

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Thinking of going along to see him tonight. I'm not a huge fan of his solo stuff...did he play any Pulp songs? That'd decide the matter.
    He only played solo stuff, but there's nothing wrong with that material and he puts on a fantastic show. If you can spare the cash, go.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Glassjaw AND Sunny Day Real Estate at the UNSW Roundhouse on the 23rd and the Palace Theatre in Melbourne on the 25th. Tickets go on sale 9am tomorrow for anyone interested.

Words can't describe my excitement
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Just came back from The Decemberists. Awesome gig. Incredible. Absolutely loved it; my only criticism is that they didn't play Mariner's Revenge Song (!!!!!!!!!). But I'm seeing them again tomorrow (for free) so hopefully they'll do it then.

I snagged a set list at the end of it, so for those interested:
    Crane Wife Pt. 3
    The Island (all of it)
    The Sporting Life
    Billy Liar
    July, July!
    The Shankill Butchers
    The Engine Driver
    On The Bus Mall
    Calamity*
    The Rake's Song
    O Valencia!
    Sixteen Military Wives
    The Chimbley Sweep

---

Eli, The Barrowboy
    Bye Bye Pride (a cover, I'd never heard it)
    Sons and Daughters

* this was a new song. Sounded cool, a tiny bit country, but tbh the guitar Colin was using was a bit too loud for this song, was hard to hear the lyrics.

The Chimbley Sweep was awesome, had a break down with Colin and Chris duelling on guitar, then the whole band lay down asleep, and Colin got the whole crowd to do the same, before Jenny gets up and starts her bit at the end. Went off after that. They got the whole crowd singing in two parts during Billy Liar as well, was a lot of fun. Colin's banter between songs was great, and all up it was definitely the best show I've been to. Bridezilla were pretty good too tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Yeah I went too. Called out the lyric from On The Bus Mall when he forgot it.

Great show. Very, very impressive live act. Decent crowd too, nice people overall. Highlights for me were the first two and Rake's Song.

Bye Bye Pride is a Go-Betweens song btw, I'm pretty sure about three people in the whole crowd knew it, but it was a bit of a nod to the audience since it's an Australian tune.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Yeah I went too. Called out the lyric from On The Bus Mall when he forgot it.

Great show. Very, very impressive live act. Decent crowd too, nice people overall. Highlights for me were the first two and Rake's Song.

Bye Bye Pride is a Go-Betweens song btw, I'm pretty sure about three people in the whole crowd knew it, but it was a bit of a nod to the audience since it's an Australian tune.
    Haha, heard you then. Was about three people from the front right in the middle. Copped a feel when he leant into the audience at the end of Chimbley Sweep. Colin totally looks like Zach Galifianakis with the beard too.

Yeah I was pretty much exactly in front of Jenny, at the front, so would have been to the left of you somewhat. She looks exactly like Frances Mcdormand, I swear.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertai...090203_ssh.jpg
    http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/imag...tion/jenny.jpg

Hope the set list is better down here, tbh.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Holy **** The Mars Volta are good live. Go see them.

Saw The Decemberists again tonight at Becks Festival Bar at the Sydney Festival. The VIP tickets courtesy of a mate working there meant that while getting ready to go in I saw a few band members go by and managed to grab a picture with them. Set list was a bit different this time around:

The Tain (all parts)
    July, July!
    Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect
    Rake's Song
    Shankill Butchers
    Crane Wife 1 & 2
    O Valencia!
    Sixteen Military Wives

--

Bye Bye Pride
    Mariner's Revenge Song

Went off my nut when Mariner's Revenge Song came on, I was certain they were going to play it yesterday. Enjoyed yesterday's set more though tbh, maybe because it was a better venue and the guy I was with was a fan as opposed to my mates today who were just there for a free concert. Good fun anyway.

Tain live would be awesome. Interesting at the lack of Hazards songs, would think Annan Water would easily work live.

Yeah, I was surprised they did all five parts, was definitely a great way to open. Took me a while to figure out what they were playing, seeing as last night was pretty much just the well known ones. Agreed with the Hazards' songs, but on both nights when they played The Rake's Song, Colin explained how it was coming out of context, so maybe they just like having that back story to go with them.

Edit:
    Last edited by andyc; 20-01-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Saw them at BDO a few years back. Really didn't do it for me. Felt like I was in an improvised jam session which didn't really interest me. I'm only lukewarm on TMV though so that probably doesn't help. My mate is a massive TMV fan and he thought they were awesome.

Saw them at BDO a few years back. Really didn't do it for me. Felt like I was in an improvised jam session which didn't really interest me. I'm only lukewarm on TMV though so that probably doesn't help. My mate is a massive TMV fan and he thought they were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised they did all five parts, was definitely a great way to open. Took me a while to figure out what they were playing, seeing as last night was pretty much just the well known ones. Agreed with the Hazards' songs, but on both nights when they played The Rake's Song, Colin explained how it was coming out of context, so maybe they just like having that back story to go with them.

Edit:
    Just impulsively picked up tickets for the second show as well, now I'm really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Saw them at BDO a few years back. Really didn't do it for me. Felt like I was in an improvised jam session which didn't really interest me. I'm only lukewarm on TMV though so that probably doesn't help.
    AWTA. Didn't really like them at the BDO last Friday.

The fact that I was in an insane crush and struggling to breathe in front of the stage for Muse probably didn't help, to be fair.

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread Information