Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prison Break

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar

Prison Break

Keyed it in the Forum Search box and didn't find much. Any fans of this fantastic show here? Great concept, wonderful story-telling (especially the pacing, it's great!), and a good soundtrack to boot.

We could use this thread to discuss recent episodes without spoiling the ones in the other TV threads, people who might want to watch it down the road.
    orz

I thought the first series was a bit contrived in the way that it strung the actual 'escape' part over twenty-odd 50 minute episodes. It's good but it hasn't really grabbed me, I sort of intend to watch it and then forget about it and end up not too bothered about missing it in the end.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

First half of the first season was excellent but it fell apart soon after, imo. Have only seen the first few eps of the second and I didn't think they were anything special. Might wait till the end of the season and watch the whole thing back to back. Don't have high hopes for it though.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Agreed on the first season, for a while I thought they'd never break out, that they'd just stretch it for like 3 or 4 seasons or something.

Season 2 has had some pretty big twists so far, though. The series is picking up pace.

EDIT: Gelman, mind telling us where exactly you thought it went down the drain?

Sure, I thought 1-13 were excellent, the peak being the riot episodes which are up there with the best ever, imo, of the TV action genre, however from memory after a long break in America the show returned and it seemed that the new episodes were just there as filler with no real direction.

Personally OZ is at least several times the prison show that Prison Break will ever be. Certainly wasn't for the faint hearted.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Between this, Heroes (<3), That 70s Show reruns, Sealab 2021 reruns, Birdman: Attorney at Law, Justice League and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, it's a wonder I ever have time for a life.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

awsome show...my eyes r glued

Awesome programme.. which has recently started getting VERY good again.

Oz really was one of my fav progs... but an entirely different type of programme to prison break, IMO.

Finally got to watch the first ep. of the 2nd season. I resisted downloading the 2nd season for ages, and wait till it came on TV here in Australia, and then I missed the first ep's airing, so had to download it anyway.

Spoiler below for anyone that didn't see it:

Shattered they killed off Robin Tunney's character Veronica.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

Shattered they killed off Robin Tunney's character Veronica.
    Agreed, good plot twister though, but now there is only one main storyline and that is running.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

I started watching it late in the first series, so i am not completely up to date with what has been happening, but the 1st episoide of the current series was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Agreed, good plot twister though, but now there is only one main storyline and that is running.
    Although LJ returns in the next episode.

Absolutely love Prison Break and am addicted to the show and can watch certain episodes over again.
    Original plot, storyline and episodes but admittedly the 2nd half of 1st season was a bit of a let down. The casting is superb as Wentworth Miller (Schofield), Robert Knepper (T-Bag) and William Fichtner (Mahone) are dynamite. One of the best part of PB is that it always ends in a cliffhanger and its hard to predict unlike other shows.
    T-Bag has gotta be the best villain ever and I will be dissapointed if Knepper doesn't get appreciated for his role.
    I am d/l episodes and am up to Ep 15 in season 2. Because a few of you follow it on TV where we have just started 2nd season I am not going to post spoilers but I like this season a lot more than 1st season.

Anyone seen last nights ep from America?

Twas awesome!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information