Thread: Any photoshop experts out there?

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar

Any photoshop experts out there?

I'm trying to create a little graphic for an informal "cricket club" I belong to, and basically I'm bastardising the New Zealand Coat of Arms (see below). I want to replace the "New Zealand" inside the parchment scroll with my own text. Anyone know how to do this?

Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

that is a difficult process basically because of all the shading involved:

ummm...the only way i can think of is to cut out all the text (ie NEW ZEALAND), replace the shading and replace the text...

im not overly familar with all the tools in photoshop, being a year since i've had to do any serious designs. We recently reformatted, so i dont have photoshop on my computer so it is a little hard to direct you, but i'll try....

there are two ways to get rid of the text...
    The first is to use the really fine eraser tool and just erase the text and the second is a tool that does it alot cleaner...i cant remember what they call it but what it does is you click on a part of the picutre and it will select everything in that part in that colour

The latter of these does the job neater than the eraser, however, complications can occur by it selecting more or less than the desire area, so just be careful there

repplacing the shading is easy, just get the eyedropper and click on the banner which haventbeen deleted, this will give you the same colour. The good thing about this particaular part is it doesnt really matter about getting the shading 100% right, because the text is suposed to stand out that it will blend in the background.

umm, replacing the text is where i can't help you because i would need the application open in front of me which i dont...

sorry about that and about being a little vague, but i hope it helps
    Leeds United will make it back to the Premier League
    "You tried and you failed miserably. Lesson here is never try"

Thanks for that, although I should have pointed out that I've already done that bit, sorry

What I need to know is how to warp a line of text (or whatever) into the shape of the scroll.

WordArt, TBH...

Cricket Spectator
    The way to get text to warp to a certain shape is to create a path along the shape of the scroll and make your text layer align to it. This is a bit easier to do myself than explain it step by step, so here it is... :P

You should be able to edit the words inside the parchment scroll and have them align automatically.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks very much dude

Thread Information