Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 123

Thread: Silly things you do because of CW

  1. #1
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,893

    Silly things you do because of CW

    Let's be honest, most of us spend way too much time on the internet. Now 85% of my posts come at work, but that's terrible really, seems as I should be working! But today and yesterday, well, it's Xmas innit, so I thought I'd spend the days on CW rather than doing any work.

    Anyhow, back to my original point, most of the posters here, especially on OT, are regulars. So I was wondering if CW has an effect on your life away from the computer at all, in a silly way.

    If you don't know what I mean, well, here's mine

    There's a lad in work called Craig, so I'm constantly calling him "Craigos" and I swear to Greenacre, everytime I say hello to him, I have to stop myself from saying, "onya Craigos." Quite sad really!

    So, what about the rest of you, or am I the only loser round here?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  2. #2
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Thanks I'm honoured

    Half of the threads I created I think up while at work.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  3. #3
    International Coach GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    12,836
    Seems CW has taken over your life
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Let's be honest, most of us spend way too much time on the internet. Now 85% of my posts come at work, but that's terrible really, seems as I should be working! But today and yesterday, well, it's Xmas innit, so I thought I'd spend the days on CW rather than doing any work.

    Anyhow, back to my original point, most of the posters here, especially on OT, are regulars. So I was wondering if CW has an effect on your life away from the computer at all, in a silly way.

    If you don't know what I mean, well, here's mine

    There's a lad in work called Craig, so I'm constantly calling him "Craigos" and I swear to Greenacre, everytime I say hello to him, I have to stop myself from saying, "onya Craigos." Quite sad really!

    So, what about the rest of you, or am I the only loser round here?
    No it has never had anything to do with my life some people these days


  5. #5
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,398
    After talking to someone I must wait 30 seconds before addressing another person.
    Last edited by dontcloseyoureyes; 28-12-2006 at 04:43 AM.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    After talking to someone I must wait 30 seconds before adressing another person.
    That's a terrible habit Daniel you need some urgent help.

  7. #7
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    After talking to someone I must wait 30 seconds before adressing another person.
    Haha.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  8. #8
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    After talking to someone I must wait 30 seconds before addressing another person.
    Quality. I got some strange looks after saying "colon naughty colon" in the middle of some dodgy debate at school.

  9. #9
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,894
    I keep saying 'mate' in 'LOL' in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    I gave a toast at the pub to the memory of Darren Murphy.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,864
    I gave a slice of toast at the pub to the memory of Darren Murphy.

  12. #12
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,893
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    After talking to someone I must wait 30 seconds before addressing another person.


    That really did make me laugh. Really


  13. #13
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,254
    1) Talking like an Aussie. To wit: "dead set", "fair go" & "for mine". I'd never once used these expressions before I became a CW user/addict. "For mine" is actually gaining ground amongst some of my mates now too.

    2) Developing an unhealthy obsession with the NRL. I blame the Sportal Dream Team comp. I find myself looking forward to start of the season more than Super League now.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

  14. #14
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,893
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    1) Talking like an Aussie. To wit: "dead set", "fair go" & "for mine". I'd never once used these expressions before I became a CW user/addict. "For mine" is actually gaining ground amongst some of my mates now too.

    2) Developing an unhealthy obsession with the NRL. I blame the Sportal Dream Team comp. I find myself looking forward to start of the season more than Super League now.
    Same here, sadly enough, actually. I actually called someone sitting two desks away, "dead set a complete disaster of a human being for mine," before.

  15. #15
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    27,061
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    After talking to someone I must wait 30 seconds before addressing another person.


    My new best post on CW.
    Jesus saves

    member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Things That Will Always Be Humorous
    By vic_orthdox in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
  2. 5 things I don't expect to see
    By sqwerty in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 05:05 AM
  3. Things we won't see again
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 06:38 AM
  4. A few things I have noticed...
    By Clarence in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-08-2006, 04:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •