Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: censorship criteria at cricketweb

State 12th Man

censorship criteria at cricketweb

I have many concerns about the censorship standards here, I would like to know how everyone else sees it.

First of all is there any kind of written code, I could not find it if its there. This is a reasonably large site and very well organized, and I think it deserves some kind of guidelines for censorship. It should not be just personal opinion of moderators on a case by case basis.

Secondly and more importantly the censorship should be minimalist. Power is a cool thing to have but the lesser it is exercised the better. Since I have been here, I have seen many instances when content was unnessarily cenosred. Almost feels like we are being ruled by military dictators or something (not that thats a bad thing

Anyways, if I'm in the minority and others dont think that way then I guess its fine.

Yea I find it a little OTT.
    life's a gift thats why they call it the present

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    i am in agreement here
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Was my closing of the threads - elitist ones - over the top? I'm willing to re-open iot if good reason is given

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    It had no swear words in it , we werent indirectly abusing anyone , it was just good off topic fun for some grouped ppl

Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    There werent any problems with our thread, except it was useless banter. But every thread in the off topic section is.
    Some people have no sense of humor (neil and andre), the power has gotten to you, Andre you only closed the thread to show that you are a moderator and can do whatever you like.

State 12th Man
    Was my closing of the threads - elitist ones - over the top? I'm willing to re-open iot if good reason is given
    Andre, the problem that I have is that no good reason was given to close those threats.

LOD has kind of summed it up well.

It should be all about freedom of speech, keeping within reasonable limits ofcourse, and refraining from profanities, religious or other personal insults.

I still think we should make some kind of guidelines for censorship, all of us can give ideas, moderators and administrators can accept or reject points and then maybe Top_Cat can compile and edit them into soemthing that looks decent.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    At the end of the day guys, it's far more relaxed here than at other forums most of us came from (cg) - I agree perhaps the closing was a bit early, but at the end of the day, the mods are in charge!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

broncoman, I think what you said to me was quite unnessary due to the fact you really have no idea who i am or what my sense of humour is like. I accept the above reasons and the threads will be re-opened.

But, however, the power has no gotten to my head and i find that quite a harsh and unneeded comment. like i said, if you have any problems email me rather than make a mockery of me.

i was doing what i felt was in the best interests of cricket web. i apologise to those whom may be annoyed by my decision but there is no harm done and it is reversed.

in saying this, the prior posters have warranted reason for me to re-open the thread. i am not power hungry and certainly not without a sense of humour.

cheers
    Andre

Well said Andre - I've personally never had a problem with any of the mods on here (even Neil ) as I think they are acting in the best way they see fit - those 2 over/under threads are just a bit of a joke, but could get out of hand (remember my warning that any inferior poster going in the over thread will be mercilessly insulted)

lol, okMarc - ill cop the insults!:

i am thinking of closing this thread btw

Can I insult a few people to get some value out of closing it?

Yeah, why not!

State 12th Man
    Thanks Andre

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information