Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The next place for the Goughy clan

still scratching around in the same old hole

The next place for the Goughy clan

We have just found out where we are moving to next August when we leave South Africa.

It is Sofia, Bulgaria. At the moment Im not that happy.

Anyone got good things, bad things or anything to say about Sofia?
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Breakout Champion!
    Anyone got good things to say about Sofia?
    Yes. At least it's not Yorkshire.

Pinball Champion!
    I went to Bulgaria this summer, it was alright, but a bit "tacky".. I wouldn't want to live there to be honest.. There's a lot of poverty, not on SA's scale, but bits of it are very run down, especially in the countryside.. And its very cold in the winter..

Do you ski? There are some good slopes in Blagoevgrad nearby, very cheap too..

Seriously, can you not just stay in Waterkloof Ridge or whatever pleasant Namby Pamby corner of luxury you currently live in? I know where I'd rather be..

Oh, and a lack of trees too caught my eye.. As well as pretty much everyone living in ugly blocks of flats unless they are rich..
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 08-12-2006 at 09:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    We have just found out where we are moving to next August when we leave South Africa.

It is Sofia, Bulgaria. At the moment Im not that happy.

Anyone got good things, bad things or anything to say about Sofia?
    You found out? That sounds like you had no choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Do you ski? There are some good slopes in Blagoevgrad nearby, very cheap too..

Seriously, can you not just stay in Waterkloof Ridge or whatever pleasant Namby Pamby corner of luxury you currently live in? I know where I'd rather be..
    No I dont ski, and yes my little corner of luxury sounds even better right now

I do 4 things cricket, football, drink and watch TV and I hate cold weather. Sofia isnt sounding too great right now.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Yes. At least it's not Yorkshire.

Pinball Champion!
    No I dont ski, and yes my little corner of luxury sounds even better right now

I do 4 things cricket, football, drink and watch TV and I hate cold weather. Sofia isnt sounding too great right now.
    Forgive me, but who's telling you to leave Pretoria? The job? The wife?

Forgive me, but who's telling you to leave Pretoria? The job? The wife?
    My wife had a 2 yr contract here which we have extended an extra year. So Aug next year we will have been here 3 yrs and required to take a new contract.

Sofia was very unlikely, but it seems those in Sofia petitioned and pushed for her to be sent there.

Their gain is our loss

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Take up the role of a cricket missionary Goughy - you could be the father of the might Bulgars in years to come.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo
    Take up the role of a cricket missionary Goughy - you could be the father of the might Bulgars in years to come.
    They'll build a statue in his honor!

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    They'll build a statue in his honor!
    Quite.

Pinball Champion!
    My wife had a 2 yr contract here which we have extended an extra year. So Aug next year we will have been here 3 yrs and required to take a new contract.

Sofia was very unlikely, but it seems those in Sofia petitioned and pushed for her to be sent there.

Their gain is our loss
    Don't you have your job too? You're worrying me with all this talk of "settling down in a place you don't like" because of the missus.. Seems worryingly familiar..

And Koerag isn't going to bat like AB de Villiers living in Bulgaria I'm afraid.. His average should be into the mid thirties already tbh

Don't you have your job too? You're worrying me with all this talk of "settling down in a place you don't like" because of the missus.. Seems worryingly familiar..

And Koerag isn't going to bat like AB de Villiers living in Bulgaria I'm afraid.. His average should be into the mid thirties already tbh
    We came to SA due to her job and we are leaving because of it. Im reconciled to the fact that Im following her. In all honesty, she is a far more commited and better breadwinner than I am.

As for my job, well I will obviously stop my personal coaching but may stay involved in our Coaching business. We already have links in South America, no reason why we cant develop Eastern European links. In fact we are bringing over 4 Brazilian football coaches to work for us for a year.

As for Koerag, who the **** is that? My boys are called Kevin and Kolyer and if Im coaching them they certainly will not bat like AB. They will actually play backfoot shots off the backfoot rather than his frontfoot highveld slaps
    Last edited by Goughy; 08-12-2006 at 03:45 PM.

We came to SA due to here job and we are leaving because of it. Im reconciled to the fact that Im folloing her.

As for my job, well I obviously stop my personal coaching but may stay involved in our Coaching business. We already have links in South America, no reason why we cant develop Eastern European links.

As for Koerag, who the **** is that? My boys are called Kevin and Kolyer and if Im coaching them they certainly will not bat like AB. They will actually play backfoot shots off the backfoot rather than his frontfoot highveld slaps
    Like Boeta Dippenaar ...

Pinball Champion!
    We came to SA due to her job and we are leaving because of it. Im reconciled to the fact that Im following her. In all honesty, she is a far more commited and better breadwinner than I am.

As for my job, well I will obviously stop my personal coaching but may stay involved in our Coaching business. We already have links in South America, no reason why we cant develop Eastern European links. In fact we are bringing over 4 Brazilian football coaches to work for us for a year.

Kolyer thats the one

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information