Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go America : Friend and liberators !

C_C

Go America : Friend and liberators !

Pinball Champion!
    Not that it's any excuse, but I'd be incredibly bitter and disillusioned if I was a soldier in Baghdad... All that danger and bloodshed for what?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    I can only imagine they thought they were playing an innocent game with the kids. Who knows? 50 years ago it might have even been considered so; but if tickling is torture nowadays then I guess this is unacceptable by today's standards.

I'm not making excuses for anyone, but it's far less brutal than a lot of the other stuff apparently happening in Iraq. Honestly, I don't think was any malice in this from the soldiers, more likely their lack of worldliness and their ignorance and silliness got the better of them.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    LOL!

Good exercise for the kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

C_C
    Honestly, I don't think was any malice in this from the soldiers
    So,when you make a few kids run for miles just because you are duping them with water(a basic essential- the fact that they'd be inclined to run for water should tell one how grim life is for these kids) and getting kicks out of it isnt malicious ?!?

It maybe a lot less dire than a lot of stuff going on in Iraq but it doesnt make it any less malicious or evil in intent.
    That display was pretty sociopathic.

Quote Originally Posted by C_C

You think everything is sociopathic. You called me a sociopath for hunting, too. I think you need to narrow your definition a little bit.

Of all the things wrong with and in Iraq, this is like #1023421.

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    You think everything is sociopathic. You called me a sociopath for hunting, too. I think you need to narrow your definition a little bit.
    Well i do think many many amongst us are sociopathic and if you look up the definition of the term, you'd see it fits the bill when i use it in relation to certain instances. And given the reasons you hunt, i most definately consider you to be sociopathic- your first comment on this thread just served further reinforcement.

C_C
    Of all the things wrong with and in Iraq, this is like #1023421.
    Doesnt make it any less despicable.
    You seem to not consider the fact that its little things like these that matter a whole lot.
    If i were an Iraqi standing in the streets watching this little incident, it'd be enough to convince me that America = enemy and not friend. And it would hold true for many many people.

whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

It just means we differ on the meaning on 'moral responsibility' and 'social conscience'. I am arguing is that your meaning is way too narrow.

Doesnt make it any less despicable.
    You seem to not consider the fact that its little things like these that matter a whole lot.
    If i were an Iraqi standing in the streets watching this little incident, it'd be enough to convince me that America = enemy and not friend. And it would hold true for many many people.
    Doesn't stop it from being just a funny little incident.

Well i do think many many amongst us are sociopathic and if you look up the definition of the term, you'd see it fits the bill when i use it in relation to certain instances. And given the reasons you hunt, i most definately consider you to be sociopathic- your first comment on this thread just served further reinforcement.
    Heh, so tell me this: what percentage of the world population is sociopathic? 90%?

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    So,when you make a few kids run for miles just because you are duping them with water(a basic essential- the fact that they'd be inclined to run for water should tell one how grim life is for these kids) and getting kicks out of it isnt malicious ?!?

It maybe a lot less dire than a lot of stuff going on in Iraq but it doesnt make it any less malicious or evil in intent.
    No, there is no inherent malice in an act like that. It's just a very dumb thing to do.

For example, my family keeps two budgies, and for some inexplicable reason they have hated me ever since I came back from overseas. The male just tries to bite me through the cage, so sometimes I'll stand in front of his cage and tease him for ten minutes or so knowing full well that he can't do anything about it. There's no malice in it, even though it's probably not very nice.

As I said, their lack of empathy, kindness and common sense probably hurt these kids far more than any malicious intent.

C_C
    their lack of empathy
    Lack of empathy is malicious by default...

C_C
    Heh, so tell me this: what percentage of the world population is sociopathic? 90%?
    I dunno. I'd say majority in the west are sociopathic and the east isnt much further behind.

Doesn't stop it from being just a funny little incident.
    So lemme get this straight- a bunch of kids running in desperation for miles for water in a war-torn country, being taunted and played by the occupying soldiers is funny to you ???
    And you claim my definitions are too 'narrow' ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information