Page 818 of 981 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 14709
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Gillard and Rudd cannot coexist in the same caucus. Their factions are too entrenched and would sooner spite the other than close ranks against the Liberals. Self-reinforcing spiral, really, when you're resigned to getting caned you want to have as much post-government leverage as possible. Which means leaks and more party breakdowns.

It's basically 2004, except the factional insurgency now has a cherubic, bespectacled face.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    God Kelly O'Dwyer is a shocker.
    Yeah, she's a ****ing idiot. Along with Sophie Mirabella.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Did someone kidnap howardj and replace him?

Definitely agree with the gist of the above

Thought exactly the same thing. Clearly he's been hacked.

God I hate Rudd. Such a smug, self-serving bastard. Totally agree with what Latham said.

Women 'banished' under Abbott: PM

imo its **** like this that makes Gillard such a gash PM, why make gender an issue? shouldn't be about gender but performance in office ffs

Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    Women 'banished' under Abbott: PM

imo its **** like this that makes Gillard such a gash PM, why make gender an issue? shouldn't be about gender but performance in office ffs
    I see. I'm assuming that was an attempt at humour? Its comments like this that put the conversation there.
    Last edited by Valer; 11-06-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valer View Post
    I see. I'm assuming that was an attempt at humour? Its comments like this that put the conversation there.
    so your saying when assessing the ability of a government, the gender of leaders should be taken into consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    so your saying when assessing the ability of a government, the gender of leaders should be taken into consideration?
    Are you suggesting that using heavily gendered insults doesn't take it there already? I'd rather avoid the former so there is no reason to discuss the latter... There is already enough to legimately discuss without bringing it up.

To further clarify I don't care if it should be brought up or not don't make it an issue and it'll die.
    Last edited by Valer; 11-06-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Kind of with dermo here (not his use of gash though, which is Valer's point that I think dermo missed).

I think its fair enough to discuss Abbott's/Liberal Party's record on women's issues, but the speech she made went further than that. It just basically said don't vote for them because they're all males - which is desperate and rubbish.

The "blue tie" **** was so annoying, I really got annoyed when she said that.

****'s sake, so frustrating when your options are a piss poor performing Gillard who can't sell a good policy, a ridiculously up-himself Rudd who is happy to kill his party for his own self-gain, or an Abbott who is happy to tap into xenophobia whenever possible (something Gillard is happy to do as well).

Only solution is to vote in Pauline Hanson. She doesn't just tap into xenophobia, she's just genuinely racist. There's something to admire about such honesty
    Last edited by Jono; 11-06-2013 at 08:22 PM.

You seem to be misinterpreting me here. I'd much rather not be brought up but if you're going to phrase you're objections in that way (gash), well you've just opened yourself up to another round of sidetracking.

Tbh I think she's doing this because she can't sell anyone on her policies at least in the public. As others have noted she's actually a good speaker atleast in parliment.
    Last edited by Valer; 11-06-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valer View Post
    You seem to be misinterpreting me here. I'd much rather not be brought up but if you're going to phrase you're objections in that way (gash), well you've just opened yourself up to another round of sidetracking.
    No I'm with you, totally got your point re: dermo making a potentially valid point regarding emphasis on gender, but then ironically using a term that can be seen as demeaning to women.

Just saying that other than his use of the term gash, I think its fair enough to criticise or raise an eyebrow to Gillard's speech.

sex party
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    No I'm with you, totally got your point re: dermo making a potentially valid point regarding emphasis on gender, but then ironically using a term that can be seen as demeaning to women.

Just saying that other than his use of the term gash, I think its fair enough to criticise or raise an eyebrow to Gillard's speech.
    Seems to me an odd thing for her to say, when really she doesn't need to say anything when the idiots put it on the menu (literally) themselves.

A-photo-of-the-menu-from--004.jpg

Mal Brough eh? What a tremendous asset to the next parliament he'll be.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

To make it very explicit I don't think it should be something that should be a topic and her speech was diversionary at best -- unless she wants to discuss some for of policy vis-a-vis sexism.

I don't even know what to say in regards to burgy's picture.

KRudd with the shots fired tho.
    394268-1d1eae6a-d2fe-11e2-b860-d5a4f7ec6372.jpg
    Last edited by Valer; 11-06-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    That menu is disgusting. I have no words.

Thread Information