Cricket Player Manager
Page 799 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801809849899 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 15016
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    The governing bodies of the sports themselves have to show leadership on the issue or sports betting will remain embedded in the game. They can set the standard in the next rights deal, if that means less money then that is where they will have to make the call. It's no good saying: 'we don't like the level of advertising during games' and then at the same time taking a billion dollars from the entertainment industry who will be looking to exploit every opportunity to make good on their big investment.

reckon betting on elections goes too far. probably worse to make it illegal and send underground, but what if a couple of million punters decided the ****house party at $6 was worth betting and voting for in order to try to get the payoff. much like players not being able to bet on matches they are involved in, voters can influence the result so shouldn't be able to bet on an election they can vote on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Benchy I actually enjoy talking politics and policy with you on the whole (and PEWS) even though we disagree a lot. Just wish you'd not always go on the attack. I know Burgey is intentionally a **** on here, but you don't need to counter him. Surely most people here will agree that Laurie Ferguson's actions are downright disgraceful, whether they like Bolt or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

*cue the select few to attack Bolt and Abbott and not the point*
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Had to stop at 'Labor likes to accuse others of dog-whistling to racists' as Tony Abbott ironically doing the same jumped to mind. Will have another crack at it later though.

Haven't made it to the point yet I don't think, so can't comment on it.'
    *ahem*
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

How does you being right that Burgey or SOC would do that make it any better? I never said you're wrong, but its just antagonistic both ways.

Simon Crean lol. He is off the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Berg I find is one of the "purer" libertarians who actually comes from libertarian theory, as opposed to Liberal Party talking points with a libertarian bent on some social issues which is what I tend to find from many of the other major IPA talking heads. I'm certainly more likely to listen to him than Tim Wilson or James Paterson, for example.
    Indeed. Chris Berg being for gay marriage a great example of this. He actually is libertarian, rather than someone who is simply a social conservative painting themselves as a fighter of freedom.
    Yeah this is no doubt true, but there are good and bad sides to it. On one hand you won't catch him in the sort of hypocrisy that sees people advocating scaling back welfare and then calling for bail-outs, or championing the free market as a means of determining employee wages and then advocating protectionism. He's legitimately right wing economically rather than just being pro-business. You also won't see him with socially conservative ideas. These are all good things.

However, as I said and as Spark alluded to there, he's a true believer which means he can be guilty of just automatically applying the same ideas to every situation regardless of context in order to prove that set of ideas as infallible. I loathe to keep picking on Ikki like the rest of you blokes all do because I agree with him more than the rest of you, but as we've seen from Ikki's posts, applying one ideology to every single situation can bring up some silly things. That's what we've seen with the IPA list of 75 IMO, and in Berg's ideas about sport in general.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 12-04-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Simon Crean lol. He is off the leash.
    like being savaged by a budgie
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    *ahem*
    Where's the rest of my post?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    please don't tell me he's anti-vaccination

he's anti all those people who are anti-vaccination. probably supports killing them

or maybe that's got spin. i dunno know. they confuse me

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    he's anti all those people who are anti-vaccination. probably supports killing them

or maybe that's got spin. i dunno know. they confuse me
    i would be for a communist style re-education

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    The worst take up rates in SA were the highest socio-economic areas. Househusbands/wives watching too much day time tv and hearing from cranks I'd say.

where does chris berg stand on this

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Look at myself as pro-science, not anti-anti-vax as such. Those who are anti-vax are being non-scientific and willfully dumb, the anecdote by Red**** says it all. Anyway, I think my views on this are well-known in the anti-vax thread so I'm not going to bore everyone with them again.

**** I love;

When Fairfax approached the owner of the "nutrition and health" shop, she refused to be interviewed, instead offering a free DVD from a stack she keeps behind the counter warning about the links between vaccines and autism.

Later she says she fears I have been told of the shop by someone who wants to cause trouble about her anti-vaccination views. Fear and loathing abound in the vaccination debate, and suspicion and confusion are a growing force.
    No, **** you. If you're going to ramble publicly with such blatant stupidity which demonstrably put kids lives at risk, ****ing stand behind your views or shut the hell up.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 13-04-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Thread Information