Page 793 of 964 FirstFirst ... 293693743783791792793794795803843893 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,895 of 14454
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    David Hussey @DavidHussey29

Mr Swan,Why would you penalise hard working Australians &tax super?I thought the Australian way was to work hard &make a life for ourselves.

David Hussey ‏@DavidHussey29 3h

And one last thing, Prime Minister, please lower the Aussie dollar you are killing businesses who employ Australians!
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    CricHQ.com ‏@CricHQ 3h

Get live scores, fixtures, results, points tables and much more from this years #IPL tournament with #CricHQ http://is.gd/nvmUGv
    Retweeted by David Hussey

I don't know top_****. to me even small children seem to discriminate against differences. not necessarily based on ethnicity but that humans tend to naturally develop a social hierarchy and the different ones cop it. I'm more nurture over nature though I think there is elements of both that contribute to a person's behaviour. So trying to educate discrimination out of humanity is admirable, beneficial and impossible in my view.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    I don't know top_****. to me even small children seem to discriminate against differences. not necessarily based on ethnicity but that humans tend to naturally develop a social hierarchy and the different ones cop it. I'm more nurture over nature though I think there is elements of both that contribute to a person's behaviour. So trying to educate discrimination out of humanity is admirable, beneficial and impossible in my view.
    I actually don't agree with that mate. One thing i found absolutely fantastic raising my kids was (is) how completely colour blind they are when they are young. It's such a great thing, and if they grew up continuing to be that way I would think it a wonderful thing.

As long as they hate Pommies and Indians at cricket.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    And Queenslanders in everything, obvs.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Lol, D Hussey must be one of the 16,000 who will be impacted by the 'potential' super changes proposed.

Looks like in the end the government avoid a fight over the issue. From the sound bite I heard on the radio Swan isn't even considering it a saving (aka a tax increase), thus no new spending will result from the measures and it won't make any difference to the expected large deficit this budget.

Bit of a storm in a teacup, then. Becoming the government's stock-in-trade tbh.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Bit of a storm in a teacup, then. Becoming the government's stock-in-trade tbh.
    Not sure if that's their fault or the people who blow it up to be more than it is though?

On another note, a friend of mine also commented on the government punishing 'the battlers' after the rebate for private health was adjusted...what I've learned through all of this is that nobody who earns less than $100,000 a year works very hard at all. Add to that the fact that apparently $150,000 isn't a lot of money either and this past couple of years have been a real eye-opener.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 05-04-2013 at 03:07 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    That is humanity, sure, but no-one's born prejudiced.
    Really? You don't think "Ingroup" behaviors based on physical features (read:race) occur outside of societal structure?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    This ****wit's our next Prime Minister...apparently:

Address to Institute of Public Affairs 70th Anniversary Dinner, Melbourne > Tony Abbott

Big ups to Rupert and his unbiased media group.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    David Hussey @DavidHussey29

Mr Swan,Why would you penalise hard working Australians &tax super?I thought the Australian way was to work hard &make a life for ourselves.
    Lucky he didn't get a central contract, then.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I actually don't agree with that mate. One thing i found absolutely fantastic raising my kids was (is) how completely colour blind they are when they are young. It's such a great thing, and if they grew up continuing to be that way I would think it a wonderful thing.

As long as they hate Pommies and Indians at cricket.
    One of the great things about living in Dubai is that my kids mix with others of every colour/creed imaginable and I hope that this will stand them in good stead in the future as far as tolerance is concerned.

Having said that, if sociologists are to be believed, a high % of a person's attitudes are shaped at home at an early age

As such, if your parents are racists then the chances are that you will be too unless something is done to change your opinion

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valer View Post
    Really? You don't think "Ingroup" behaviors based on physical features (read:race) occur outside of societal structure?
    Nope. Fair bit of evidence to suggest otherwise too.

EDIT: Actually, more accurate to say there's no evidence to support the idea that humans get much in the way of behaviours towards others innately.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 05-04-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Nope. Fair bit of evidence to suggest otherwise too.

EDIT: Actually, more accurate to say there's no evidence to support the idea that humans get much in the way of behaviours towards others innately.
    Its pretty clear that humans form ingroups based on anything possible at any possible option (even arbitrary groupings). I can provide (many) sources for this if you really want.

Are you arguing that race is an unnatural option for creating groupings?

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quote of the week: Abbott showing he is no economic simpleton...

"This is a government prepared to tax people to fund it's own spending."

Thread Information