Page 791 of 931 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793801841891 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,865 of 13963
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

  1. #11851
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    31,287
    Oh man, Newspoll...
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  2. #11852
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,688
    50 to 30 on the primary votes

    The electorate don't like being denied the man they love

    His name is Kevin
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

    - Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

  3. #11853
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,732
    How bad was Gillard on 7.30 last night? The lovely sexy Leigh Sales just asks Gillard about the media reforms and she says "the last fortnight is the last fortnight".

    Da ****?

  4. #11854
    International Debutant dermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    How bad was Gillard on 7.30 last night? The lovely sexy Leigh Sales just asks Gillard about the media reforms and she says "the last fortnight is the last fortnight".

    Da ****?
    this is why the current government is so ****, i don't particularly agree with all of the policies but many of them are by no means garbage but its just the **** governance, the communication with the electorate is ****ing shocking.


  5. #11855
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,732
    Indeed.

  6. #11856
    International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    4,141
    A lot of people see Abbott for what he is: a spooky opportunist who is very disciplined. It's the ALP's remaining hope. He's got no vision and can't communicate much more than stability or 'Howard type' government.

    The NBN was huge last election as a link with the future and an anachronistic opposition. The same rings true on the CT and will on education reform.

  7. #11857
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    50 to 30 on the primary votes

    The electorate don't like being denied the man they love

    His name is Kevin


    Thank you Piers & co.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  8. #11858
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    31,287
    Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    this is why the current government is so ****, i don't particularly agree with all of the policies but many of them are by no means garbage but its just the **** governance, the communication with the electorate is ****ing shocking.
    Yeah unfortunately this is spot on.

  9. #11859
    International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    4,141
    I just don't buy it though. Whilst all the scaremongering has been going on the centre-left alliance has had a majority in both houses for the first time in our nations history (I believe). They have been able to put through, with compromise, all their major policies and lo and behold some have been held back. Often where union/insider interests have taken over.

    The pitchfork hysteria used to back Abbott doesn't really hold up to close scrutiny. What they really mean is: 'they haven't functioned as we would like them to.' In a different country we could all be laughing at the boy who cried wolf right now.

  10. #11860
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,732
    Man I'm with you on a lot of what you say but you just cannot deny that they have not communicated to the electorate well.

  11. #11861
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    I just don't buy it though. Whilst all the scaremongering has been going on the centre-left alliance has had a majority in both houses for the first time in our nations history (I believe). They have been able to put through, with compromise, all their major policies and lo and behold some have been held back. Often where union/insider interests have taken over.

    The pitchfork hysteria used to back Abbott doesn't really hold up to close scrutiny. What they really mean is: 'they haven't functioned as we would like them to.' In a different country we could all be laughing at the boy who cried wolf right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Man I'm with you on a lot of what you say but you just cannot deny that they have not communicated to the electorate well.
    I agree with this (both bits). I think the (barely disguised) hysteria at a lot of things the government have done, whilst entertaining, is laughable to say the least.

    Unfrotunately, due to what Jono has mentioned, the Libs probably won't be put under any scrutiny all the way through to the election. Losing an election to Tony Abbott would highlight exactly how poor they've been .

  12. #11862
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dishing out broken ****ing floggings
    Posts
    10,686
    All I hope is that Labor's loss doesn't extend coattails to the Senate. They have actually produced good policies, it's just their communication as everyone says is terrible.
    5-0

    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

    Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

  13. #11863
    International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nursing a broken ****ing arm
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    There are few things I'd enjoy more in life than seeing Albanese out on his arse.
    He's my local member, keep Leichhardt ungentrified ****.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

  14. #11864
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    31,287
    Isn't Grayndler an ALP-Greens contest nowadays?

  15. #11865
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dishing out broken ****ing floggings
    Posts
    10,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Isn't Grayndler an ALP-Greens contest nowadays?
    Yeah.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Australian Conditions - The Difference?
    By benchmark00 in forum Ashes 2006/07
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-10-2006, 08:38 AM
  2. 2004/05 Australian domestic season thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1116
    Last Post: 27-03-2005, 10:25 PM
  3. *Official* India in Australia Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2652
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 07:00 PM
  4. South Australian Crickets Don Bradman Medal Night
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-10-2003, 05:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •