Page 742 of 964 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792842 ... LastLast
Results 11,116 to 11,130 of 14454
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

i dont follow politics they are all scum, but jones is lower than them all if that's possible
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Part of the cut and thrust of politics

Cup of cement etc

Seriously though, the general populus (so disinterested and detached from politics) are not waiting by the TV for Tony Abbot's costings, or for the Libs' IR platform

The general populus: "I just want Gillard gone"

And she will be

Those who follow the minutae of politics often think everybody else does too
    I think you're a step behind the general populous

Although I do take the train to work every day, and I'm sorry to say there seems to be plenty of people out there who would probably be dumb enough to vote for Tony.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah and that's all that matters right Howard? Not the fact that one of the allies of the party you swear by is an out and out scumbag, and the future of your party invited this **** to be a guest speaker. **** the election how about we consider the fact that he was the guest speaker to the Young Libs function and what that means.

What an absolute disgrace. Would not piss on him if he was on fire. Same goes for most of the young Libs actually. How about the Young Libs president denyingJones ever said it. Then when he was told there was recorded audio he said he never heard it, as it was a long speech. The future of the party right there.
    I dunno, the Young Libs strike me as just the type of blokes you'd want boring you ****less over a couple of beers after work on a Friday night. I mean, lets face it, they're so interesting themselves they think Alan Jones has a personality.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    The auction items at the YL dinner are amusing.

How'd you like to party with the guy who bought the Mike Baird-signed NSW Budget Papers?

Sad sacks of ****. Also love that Jonesy bought he Hessian Jacket which he himself had signed. He's probably got it framed on a wall in the toaster, or has David his butler wearing it.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah and that's all that matters right Howard? Not the fact that one of the allies of the party you swear by is an out and out scumbag, and the future of your party invited this **** to be a guest speaker. **** the election how about we consider the fact that he was the guest speaker to the Young Libs function and what that means.

What an absolute disgrace. Would not piss on him if he was on fire. Same goes for most of the young Libs actually. How about the Young Libs president denyingJones ever said it. Then when he was told there was recorded audio he said he never heard it, as it was a long speech. The future of the party right there.
    So, first it's Gina Reinhart, then Clive Palmer...now it's Alan Jones.....non MPs all...who apparently are all the Liberal Party

They are the Party

You'll cast around for anyone, I guess

Just desperate to convince the public that it's really their names that are on the ballot paper

Tipping Joseph Friitzl as next cab off the rank
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

The LNP doesn't have to apologise for Jones, but Abbott's inability to simply and emphatically distance himself from him for 24 hours is dumb politics. The comments were made at a party function, mate. If he made them on air or elsewhere it would be very different and far more comfortable for the LNP.
    Last edited by Burgey; 01-10-2012 at 02:26 AM.

So, first it's Gina Reinhart, then Clive Palmer...now it's Alan Jones.....non MPs all...who apparently are all the Liberal Party

They are the Party

You'll cast around for anyone, I guess

Just desperate to convince the public that it's really their names that are on the ballot paper

Tipping Joseph Friitzl as next cab off the rank
    Why did the young libs tweet he was so awesome and deny he ever said what he said?

To pretend that Jones isn't linked to the Libs is silly. Hell why was he invited? Why does he say "that's where we're weak?"

Used to think Stan Zemanek was the biggest **** on radio but Jones tops anything he ever did or said.

What's the point of listening to talkback radio if the **** you've got on is fair and reserved? It's not the news, it's just some bloke ranting and raving; it's no fun unless the bloke is a complete ****.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Yeah but leave them on talkback for folks like you PEWS.

These dicks shouldn't be influencing the politicians of this country. Happy enough for them to chat with the Today Tonight folk, but this is a whole different ballgame with Jones.

He didn't make the comments on talkback radio. He made them at a liberal party function.

It's like when Labor had a do and had a stripper get her kit off while wearing a John Howard mask. It's tacky and a bad look.

Anyway, you only have to get a wet fish handshake when you meet a young lib to know they're generally ****s. The Party's future is in good hands.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    It gives him a forum. Jones was in the Advertiser today with a full-page spread detailing his non-apology apology when he really doesn't belong there at all.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Interest rates will always be lower under a Labor government.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    The LNP doesn't have to apologise for Jones, but Abbott's inability to simply and emphatically distance himself from him for 24 hours is dumb politics. The comments were made at a party function, mate. If he made them on air or elsewhere it would be very different and far more comfortable for the LNP.
    Party function? It was Sydney University's Liberal Club

Stop using a man's death for base political purposes

Jones hasn't been a Liberal Member for 20 years

And from the man who said in this thread: "Cancer has got Alan Jones"

I laughed, mind you
    Last edited by howardj; 02-10-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Party function? It was Sydney University's Liberal Club

Stop using a man's death for base political purposes

Jones hasn't been a Liberal Member for 20 years

And from the man who said in this thread: "Cancer has got Alan Jones"

I laughed, mind you
    All coming undone, innit mate?

So close he was.... But it's a marathon, not a sprint. Tone shot his bolt - went all-up on getting an early election. Even today at his presser he was banging on about the Carbon Tax - never mentioned Jones, of course, not until he was asked a question about it. The ship's sailed; the caravan's moved on. People are onto him now and they realise he's the hollow man of politics; the Afridi of politics - sure he swings hard and occasionally hits a big one; but he's incapable of playing a straight defensive bat without getting castled.

FMD he had to wait 18-20 hours to say anything about Jones - that's how heavily he's controlled. Weigh it up - should I repudiate him, or should I ignore it? Chat with Peta; talk with JBish et al. It's sad. Turnbull got it from the first hour - front and centre - repudiated and dissociated. And he has **** all political sense. But Tony's ears have turned tin at the first whiff of grape shot. He'll be known not for running close in 2010, but for having the biggest glass jaw in Australian political history. What a joke. It's how he rolls - get the grubbiest and the nastiest from his own side to do his dirty work. Sometimes rebuke gently; occasionally cajole. But never, ever repudiate them. Then, when you start a **** storm but have some thrown back at you, you whinge about it.

This bloke has had the longest dream run of any leader of a major Party in modern politics. FMD on 15 September The Australian wrote in an editorial that if the stories about Abbott didn't go away, then it would run with Gillard's relationship with Emerson. That's how much of a protected species this idiot is. He can't think on his feet; he has to be controlled that heavily he couldn't even give a spontaneous response to Jones' comments.

The game's up. He'll never be PM mate. I hope your lot keep him, because the public won't have him. He's seen as a risk, and people won't cop him. I don't know who they'll go to, but it can't be Turnbull without the Party growing a soul and a reasoned position again, so that's most unlikely. Morrison is worse than Abbott - the fanatic's fanatic. I think if they dump him it might be for Julie Bishop - she brings a lot of cash into the Party through WA and is more powerful than people give her credit for. They could go with Hockey but he has a touch of the Beazley's about him - only without the intellect and depth.

Abbott is solely poll-driven. Nothing more, nothing less. He hasn't articulated a policy, he's just been happy to do a Steve Bradbury on the back of his media mates - Jones and Hadley among them. Well it won't wash. Imagine him and Hockey in charge of things, with a bit of the Bananaby sideshow. You wouldn't trust them with a jam jar full of five cent bits, as the Great One said.

If you want to suggest the do Jones was attending wasn't a LIberal do, then good luck. Not even Abbott has said that. Alex Hawke was there - ironically someone Jones has lambasted for not being right wing enough, ffs. And he's a Brethren-backed nutjob. Other Lib MPs there too; Party organisers - the whole shebang. And none of them said a word about it until it hit the press. Instead they sat there and laughed. Then they said they didn't recall it being said.

Talk about using a bloke's death for base political motives? Your lot had a fella there using it to motivate their base. And when he spewed forth his bile, what did they do? Had a good old giggle about it until they got caught out.

Sorry, but if that's how you want to play it then fine. But when the **** hits the fan - and it has - don't complain about it. Stand by your man, say it was fine. Or, repudiate early and repudiate often. Abbott couldn't because he's Jones' boy, and Jones his. I laugh thinking about the agonising going on at HQ about whether to bag Alan or say nothing - and there would have been plenty of it. It's hilarious that the leader of a Party couldn't just speak up within a couple of hours and say it was a disgrace. If he had it would have gone away. But he's so compromised by pandering to his mate that he couldn't. And when he made his statement it was as weak as piss. Like the man himself.

He's gone. Unless they get someone else, they're gone. Unfortunately getting someone else might mean doing some serious policy work ahead of the election. Trouble is, it's a bit late for that now. As predicted as long ago as early last year - Labor by 6-10 seats with Gillard still there leading them against Glass Jaw.

Haven't ranted about politics in a while. That felt good.

Thread Information