Page 720 of 982 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730770820 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 14718
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

  1. #10786
    International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NT, Leanyer
    Posts
    4,174
    All the board really need to do is hire one person to manage the web landing page to explain how every event indicates the 'real Julia' has connected with the voters and that TA is unelectable etc. etc.

  2. #10787
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dishing out broken ****ing floggings
    Posts
    11,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Here's the SMH after Gina takes over....



    Brilliant.
    5-0

    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

    Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

  3. #10788
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,808
    I finally got someone to pick up that gay marriage is for fags article.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  4. #10789
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,808
    although I don't see why they removed the "fags & unionists" part of the headline. Editors....


  5. #10790
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,557
    Wonderful example of media group-think today with the confected Shanahan G20 yarn.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  6. #10791
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,160
    Straight-up, I had to read that SMH pic above several times to be sure it was fake.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  7. #10792
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,850
    Gillard's two-year anniversary, and Labor back down to 30% on primary vote, according to the latest Newspoll

    Billionaires v Battlers narrative clearly didn't work

    Tipping Swan to rachet up the rhetoric to trillion or gazillion
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

    - Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

  8. #10793
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,808
    Send The Miners Back

    I'm not sure that works

  9. #10794
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,557
    Don't think Mal Brough's preselection is going to get the nod somehow.

  10. #10795
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,484
    Friend of mine's son has just graduated from one of the defence force academies and is now heading off to be trained as a fighter pilot

    Next stage of his training used to be 7 months but is now 6 months and 30 days so as to avoid paying a full extra month's benefits

    Result is that government avoids paying 2 days benefits (roughly $150) and guys have to pay for one night's accommodation themselves

    Guess some bean counter thinks it is a good idea to rip these blokes off for a pittance before sending them up in planes worth millions

  11. #10796
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,557
    When the SAS was deployed to afghanistan in 2001, they had to go to the Kathmandu store in Town Hall and buy their boots as the government didn't have appropriate footwear for them.

    Mind you, nice change from the military having their arses wiped for them.

  12. #10797
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,160
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Friend of mine's son has just graduated from one of the defence force academies and is now heading off to be trained as a fighter pilot

    Next stage of his training used to be 7 months but is now 6 months and 30 days so as to avoid paying a full extra month's benefits

    Result is that government avoids paying 2 days benefits (roughly $150) and guys have to pay for one night's accommodation themselves

    Guess some bean counter thinks it is a good idea to rip these blokes off for a pittance before sending them up in planes worth millions
    Should be grateful a career still exists where he gets behind the stick, matter of time before blokes like him will be chair-flying drones for NSWPol's CRG.

  13. #10798
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    When the SAS was deployed to afghanistan in 2001, they had to go to the Kathmandu store in Town Hall and buy their boots as the government didn't have appropriate footwear for them.

    Mind you, nice change from the military having their arses wiped for them.
    Not an ALP vs Libs thing - just find it disgraceful that guys who are potentially willing to put their lives on their line for their country are having to pay for the privilege

    BTW, joke about anything bar the armed forces - lost a grand-dad and 6 uncles in WW2 and have zero respect for li'l Johnny sending another group of 18yos to another meaningless war
    Last edited by social; 26-06-2012 at 01:01 PM.

  14. #10799
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Should be grateful a career still exists where he gets behind the stick, matter of time before blokes like him will be chair-flying drones for NSWPol's CRG.
    Not enough qualified pilots in the world as it is so they'll be fine

    10 years in the armed forces will enable him to buy a couple of rental properties then its off to Emirates etc to turn on the autopilot

  15. #10800
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,557
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Not an ALP vs Libs thing - just find it disgraceful that guys who are potentially willing to put their lives on their line for their country are having to pay for the privilege

    BTW, joke about anything bar the armed forces - lost a grand-dad and 6 uncles in WW2 and have zero respect for li'l Johnny sending another group of 18yos to another meaningless war
    Fair play. It's particularly galling when they all want to have their photos taken with the troops at every chance.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 8 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Australian Conditions - The Difference?
    By benchmark00 in forum Ashes 2006/07
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-10-2006, 08:38 AM
  2. 2004/05 Australian domestic season thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1116
    Last Post: 27-03-2005, 10:25 PM
  3. *Official* India in Australia Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2652
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 07:00 PM
  4. South Australian Crickets Don Bradman Medal Night
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-10-2003, 05:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •