Page 678 of 976 FirstFirst ... 178578628668676677678679680688728778 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 14637
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Labor should've just cut Kevin off at the neck and discarded the body after he lost his role as PM. He's obviously been hell-bent on getting back in and has been behind a number of the issues plaguing the party since.

Can't believe it's come to the point where we have to consider him being back in office...so incredibly dumb. Meanwhile the Libs can just sit back and say nothing while the political points rack themselves up.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Can't scull a pot as well, either. Not many who can, tbf.
    forget the vote this is the real way to sort out rudd v gillard
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    I really don't know why most politicians haven't seemed to pick this up, or at least successfully come across that way. People like openness and honestly. I don't know anyone who likes political doublespeak and equivocation. It's kind of ironic really that the most fundamental aspect of a politicians job is public relations, yet they lack even the most basic social skills to know that people are completely repelled by obvious insincerity.
    Youre kidding!

I'd wager that most Australians consider the majority of pollies to be complete bull**** artists

Bob Hawke couldnt lie straight in bed - he knew it, we knew it and yet the electorate liked him enough to make him the 3rd longest serving PM in history

Gillard is probably about the best headkicker you can find. It's what she's good at and what she's done well ever since becoming an MP. What she's not been good at is the transition from headkicker to statesman. Keating is probably the best model for how to do that. Gillard's problem is that she listens too closely to her minders.

The problem for both Gillard and Rudd is that people have stopped listening. We're engaged now because it's a national soap opera, but regardless of who wins we're going to switch off from federal politics again on Tuesday.

Yeah GIllard just has no connection with the people. It's down to a whole host of things - people don't trust her and think she's ruthless (carbon tax, and the way she came to the leadership), she has no authority (having never won an election in her own right), and she's just viewed as one-dimensional (no kids, no known interests outside politics). Each of those things in isolation is no problem. But together...

There's just no connection there - not even on a "I don't like her but I respect her" level (she'll never be a Margaret Thatcher).

People just switch off.

Well, I do anyway
    Last edited by howardj; 23-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar

Arbib, Feeney and Howes meet to sort **** out.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

haha

I think Ian Chappell always says: "do what your opponents least want".

On this score, Coalition supporters (me included) least want Rudd to return, and dearly want Gillard to stay.

Rudd this rockstar appeal, this teflon coating - even when confronted with the evidence, the public just don't want to believe that the guy is abusive, and has no managerial ability. He drifts above the fray on the campaign trail. By contrast, Gillard is the only person on Labor's side who can make the most polarising figure in Australian politics (Abbott) look very likely to become the next Prime Minister.

So, Ian Chappell's vote would go to Rudd is what I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Youre kidding!

I'd wager that most Australians consider the majority of pollies to be complete bull**** artists

Bob Hawke couldnt lie straight in bed - he knew it, we knew it and yet the electorate liked him enough to make him the 3rd longest serving PM in history
    ? That's not against the point I was making.

chappell would end up voting for warne anyway

also when is Tim Mathieson hosting his press conference and going on the campaign trail. Men

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    The word in Canberra is that the faceless thugs that run the party are calling around and promising to end careers if people vote for Kevin. Pre-selection will be stripped. One ALP member is said to have threatened to resign after getting the call. Factions are now claiming there is a 'rift' between them.

Secret ballot though, isn't it?

In which case, I'd tell the faceless men and men with faces, what they want to hear in regards voting intentions

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    I think Ian Chappell always says: "do what your opponents least want".

On this score, Coalition supporters (me included) least want Rudd to return, and dearly want Gillard to stay.

Rudd this rockstar appeal, this teflon coating - even when confronted with the evidence, the public just don't want to believe that the guy is abusive, and has no managerial ability. He drifts above the fray on the campaign trail. By contrast, Gillard is the only person on Labor's side who can make the most polarising figure in Australian politics (Abbott) look very likely to become the next Prime Minister.

So, Ian Chappell's vote would go to Rudd is what I am saying.
    Ritchie says that, not Chappell ftr.

Though I guess Chappell may also say it...
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Am tipping a sub 30 total for Rudd on Monday (25-29)

Thread Information