Page 646 of 932 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 13972
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Why should the government care what Qantas do? They aren't government-owned anymore....
    srs?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Ind33d. Qantas is incredibly important when there arent many airlines about and when you're the arse end of the world.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Saying something's possible =/= saying you're actually going to do it. Although I don't remember if Hockey did actually admit he heard QANTAS was actively planning to do so in that trainwreck of an interview.
    I agree with you, he couldn't have known for sure as Joyce has said repeatedly it was the 97% votes at the board meeting, the day before, and the ensuing threats from the unions that made him go to a lockout. Had they got over 30% of the vote at the board meeting, or decided to accept the shareholder's position then the outcome would have been different.

A non-story from to hide crap government performance. Martin Ferguson called it 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Redbacks; 02-11-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Why should the government care what Qantas do? They aren't government-owned anymore....
    When you introduce 70's legislation that t-rex himself would have put in the history basket then you have to clean up your own mess.

I agree with your point otherwise. The profit motive had Virgin circling and ready to fill the void within weeks, the 2 illiberal premeirs in NSW and Vic were worried about the bottom line of their state budgets and as Shorten said 'grandstanding' by going to the press before their letter his the PM's desk, it was hardly a 'national tragedy' or affecting our national reputation.

I also call Bull**** as it barely made the news in Europe other than to warn passengers, did anyone in Aus know that Air France had to ground 1/5th of it's fleet after strikes this week or in anyway hold this against the nation of France? Given international news on average consumes about 15s of a bulletin, it's no wonder the media can pull such shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    When you introduce 70's legislation that t-rex himself would have put in the history basket then you have to clean up your own mess.

I agree with your point otherwise. The profit motive had Virgin circling and ready to fill the void within weeks, the 2 illiberal premeirs in NSW and Vic were worried about the bottom line of their state budgets and as Shorten said 'grandstanding' by going to the press before their letter his the PM's desk, it was hardly a 'national tragedy' or affecting our national reputation.

I also call Bull**** as it barely made the news in Europe other than to warn passengers, did anyone in Aus know that Air France had to ground 1/5th of it's fleet after strikes this week or in anyway hold this against the nation of France? Given international news on average consumes about 15s of a bulletin, it's no wonder the media can pull such shenanigans.
    Lol. 60s legislation.

There's a Yank by the name of Buffet, who knows a thing or two about investing. He said the quickest way to become a millionaire is to start off a billionaire and buy a stake in an airline.

Might be worth a thought.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Saying something's possible =/= saying you're actually going to do it. Although I don't remember if Hockey did actually admit he heard QANTAS was actively planning to do so in that trainwreck of an interview.
    Is that the interview on the ABC this morning? The one where he couldn't seem to decide if it was the government's fault or the bank's fault for rate rises.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Rest assured it isn't to the government's credit if they go down.

Great effort by the LOLstralian to get a warning from the AFP that if they publish the scoop on the terrorist raids they'd be risking officers' lives.

"Well how many people? Just one or more?" asked the editor in an email response.

Heart of the Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Lol. 60s legislation.
    I was planning to keep chopping a decade off each time to see your reaction but you beat me to it. It's 1950's all over again

There's a Yank by the name of Buffet, who knows a thing or two about investing. He said the quickest way to become a millionaire is to start off a billionaire and buy a stake in an airline.
    Sir Richard Branson

Poms > Yanks

Lol. 60s legislation.

Might be worth a thought.
    Buffet is a very smart man who follows some very strict investment principles. If everyone invested the way he did then we would have no airlines and no technology sector. He's worth listening to but he's not infallible.

leadership challenge

This is obviously another concocted media conspiracy, out to get the poor old Labor party.

Seriously though, everyone will be sick of Captain Stuff-Up within about two weeks if they bring him back.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Another move to Labor, albeit Morgan (phone, not face-to-face).

51.5-48.5 TPP

The trend is your friend.
    Last edited by Burgey; 04-11-2011 at 12:27 AM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Guys, you should see what they're saying about Australia in the Pakistani and Indian politics thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Guys, you should see what they're saying about Australia in the Pakistani and Indian politics thread!!!
    It'll be the usual whinge about bad umpiring in 99-00 I imagine, with associated "Tendulkar would have averaged one billion" ****.

Simon Champion!
    It'll be the usual whinge about bad umpiring in 99-00 I imagine, with associated "Tendulkar would have averaged one billion" ****.
    Nah it's something a lot worse!!

Been talking about Ponting against Spin tbh.

Thread Information