Page 62 of 981 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    T'will be interesting to see what, if anything, he reveals by way of info. Frankly, publishing only selective parts of any dossier won't really help him politically. It needs to all be published, if any of it is, otherwise it's just another spin on things which doesn't tell us anything.
    The other problem for Andrews is, if he has info on this bloke which might link him to terrorism, why the hell did he let him leave the country?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

That's dire. Imagine giving billions of dollars of funding to Premiers like Beattie, with no conditions attached to it. The man can't even deliver the basics like water and a half decent health system.

The only thing Beattie can deliver is a ****ed up state. The man couldn't run a lemonade stand...

If any level of Govt. needs to be rid of in Australia it's State Govt.
    Last edited by Johnners; 30-07-2007 at 10:17 PM.

R_D
    How convinient after saying the govt will make public the proof to why they detained Haneef, they do a complete u turn and won't be making it public... wow.. suprise suprise.

The whole situation must have just lost for fair bit of support for both set of parties... i'm even more undecided on who to vote now....

Correct me if i'm wrong but it's the AFP who aren't letting Andrews release the information?

That's right.

Which begs the question, if the info is that sensitive, why did they let him leave the country in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasa View Post
    Haha geez, can't believe anyone would try to defend the governments actions in this case.
    Yeah, we should all just roll over and criticise the Government.

Clearly, John Howard hacked into that on-line conversation released this afternoon and impersonated Haneef.

Sneaky bugger.

Mahjong Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    That's right.

Which begs the question, if the info is that sensitive, why did they let him leave the country in the first place?
    Burgey, I think I warned you earlier in this thread regarding the Fact that "little johnny" will come up with another "children overboard" scenario to take the heat of his Govt. This Haneef thing is NOT going to go away quietly and will be used as the incident to take away from voters the real issues of forthcoming election. It will be spun out as long as possible. I think it is wise politically of Rudd to be saying little about this whole affair at this time so as not to engender too much debate.
    Keep Your Feet on The Ground,Keep Reaching for The Stars!

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post

Clearly, John Howard hacked into that on-line conversation released this afternoon and impersonated Haneef.

Sneaky bugger.
    All I saw were paraphrased statements as the actual conversation is apparently too sensitive to release. Anyway, I don't know about you but I kind of have a problem with people being locked up while evidence is found to make a case against them. And I kind of have a problem with the govt making a big deal out of this when their actions are causing terrorism in the first place. And yeah, I have a bit of a problem with the climate of fear and suspicion that we see under Howard, that same climate that has resulted in our civil liberties being eroded in the name of this terrorist bogeyman. But, whatever, apparently criticism of the govt isn't allowed, so I'll just go grab my fridge magnet and cower in fear of the terrorists out to get me and everything I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post

Sneaky bugger.
    Clearly that sneaky bugger Haneef told the cops about the email conversatin himself.
    Clearly the sneaky bugger tried to call the British authorities 4 (four!!!) times before he tried to leave Australia to tell them about his SIM card.
    Clearly the info about the email conversation was raised at the bail hearing and in his record of interview.
    Clearly the stuff Andrews spoke about yesterday was neither new nor secret. We're still waiting for the secret info, if indeed there is any.
    And again I ask you, HJ, if the bloke is as suspicious as Andrews and Howard either believe or want us all to believe, why the hell did they let him leave the country?
    The Australian, hardly a bastion of ALP porpaganda, got this right this morning in its editorial and in the piece by Hedley, who had the ROI leaked to him in the 1st instance. I commend both pieces to you.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I remember when the accused had rights. That was awesome. Think we could go back to that?
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    I remember when the accused had rights. That was awesome. Think we could go back to that?
    Post reported.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    Post reported.
    To the Australian Federal Police?

Thread Information