Page 602 of 981 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612652702 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 14713
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Another left wing conspiracy.

Gillard must resign!
    Lol.

Show actually has scenes from the refugee camps in Africa, so its quite interesting.

One of the participants obviously came back with changed views, but was more (if that is the right word) sympathetic to those in refugee camps than detention centres.

Go Back To Where You Came From Premiers On SBS
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Building multi million dollar primary school cloakrooms?
    Stopping the economy from going into recession like the rest of the world, you mean?

Building classrooms, halls and libraries which will last schools decades, you mean?

Running the largest building project in the country's history for the benefit of schools everywhere, and with a project cost over-run the envy of any private construction project, you mean?

Giving parents, school kids and communites a facility (be it a canteen, class room, libray or hall) which was long overdue owing to neglect by successive governments, doing it at no cost to the school community, and keeping local tradespeople in work so the economy didn't falter, you mean, only to have muppets throw it back in their face because they don't know how good they've got it here compared with every other developed country?

Yeah, that'd be it.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Haha yeah that's exactly what happened
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Haha yeah that's exactly what happened
    Tell us what did then.

Just for something different, you're allowed to use more than three words.

You talk about other people having their head up their arse, but there's not one better example of it on this forum than you. You turn into a whinging, ultra defensive dickhead as soon as someone has a contrary opinion about politics to you.

In fact, your head is so far up your arse that you have obviously missed the millions, upon millions of dollars the government wasted on that program, money which could have been spent on easing the cost of living pressures which was the platform they stood for at the election way back then.

Working families, working families, working families, working families. How is spending $2m on a $50k (max) canteen going to ease the burdens which are placed on these working families.

You're right, I don't spend much time bothering writing long posts in this thread, because they're met by *******s like you who burr up and call me a previleged so and so just because I have a differing opinion to you.

You talk about other people having their head up their arse, but there's not one better example of it on this forum than you. You turn into a whinging, ultra defensive dickhead as soon as someone has a contrary opinion about politics to you.

In fact, your head is so far up your arse that you have obviously missed the millions, upon millions of dollars the government wasted on that program, money which could have been spent on easing the cost of living pressures which was the platform they stood for at the election way back then.

Working families, working families, working families, working families. How is spending $2m on a $50k (max) canteen going to ease the burdens which are placed on these working families.

You're right, I don't spend much time bothering writing long posts in this thread, because they're met by *******s like you who burr up and call me a previleged so and so just because I have a differing opinion to you.

Murphy. World's funniest bloke. Until someone deigns to challenge his view on anything. Someone sets out their points as to why they think he's wrong, he responds with a roll eyes and then an appallingly personal rant. The post lacking only a .gif file to complete the cliche he's become.

Here, have a read if you want.

I mean, it's no Daily Tele editorial or Ray Hadley comment, but it's from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
    Last edited by Burgey; 20-06-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Tell us what did then.

Just for something different, you're allowed to use more than three words.
    Well, it gave my school a new basketball court that can't be used because:
    a) It isn't level and contains multiple 'trip hazards'
    b) It has drainage issues after rain i.e. water sits there and is a 'hazard'

Not to mention the fact it took the best part of a year to build, had to be closed for repairs after 2 weeks (something to do with painting bolts), and then again a month or so later (to try and fix the drainage, which failed), and has barely been used since, y'know, its a trip hazard and all.

The initiative was good in theory, but in my case at least, it really hasn't worked when applied.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post

Not to mention the fact it took the best part of a year to build, had to be closed for repairs after 2 weeks (something to do with painting bolts), and then again a month or so later (to try and fix the drainage, which failed), and has barely been used since, y'know, its a trip hazard and all.

The initiative was good in theory, but in my case at least, it really hasn't worked when applied.
    Haha, that's a shocker.

Deserve it for liking basketball though, tbf.

[

Murphy. World's funniest bloke. Until someone deigns to challenge his view on anything. Someone sets out their points as to why they think he's wrong, he responds with a roll eyes and then an appallingly personal rant. The post lacking only a .gif file to complete the cliche he's become.

Here, have a read if you want.

I mean, it's no Daily Tele editorial or Ray Hadley comment, but it's from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
    This post is so so ironic it's not funny. In fact, if I didn't know better I'd think it's a brilliant piece of satire.

This post is so so ironic it's not funny. In fact, if I didn't know better I'd think it's a brilliant piece of satire.
    Were it so, it would have passed waaaay over your scone, sunshine.

The irony here is, blokes like HJ are happy to post and disagree with people on here, and I've had plenty of disagrements with him without resorting to the rank **** you do when someone challenges you over something. As soon as someone does that, you resort to abuse.

I don't know why you do it, but you invariably do.

Edit: I should add Stephen to that too, tbf.
    Last edited by Burgey; 20-06-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Least it gives you a good place to congregate for fire drills. Well worth for $30m it probably cost.

Were it so, it would have passed waaaay over your scone, sunshine.
    And there we have it folks.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Haha, that's a shocker.

Deserve it for liking basketball though, tbf.
    That's the thing, there's 2 or 3 people at the school who play basketball. One of whom is an exchange student. It ended up being used for kicking a footy around.

That's the thing, there's 2 or 3 people at the school who play basketball. One of whom is an exchange student. It ended up being used for kicking a footy around.
    That's all right then.

And there we have it folks.
    Disappointing lack of abuse. The exception proving the rule.

Thread Information