Cricket Player Manager
Page 358 of 990 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458858 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 14848
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah that's basically it. I've been stigmatised though. Like how I'm apparently a paedophile on CricSim.
    How old is she?

And your avatar.....
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    How old is she?

And your avatar.....
    How old do you think she looks?

I'm really beyond caring haha.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

15, imo.

Back to seat previews....

Barker

Current MP: Patrick Secker (Liberal)
    2007 margin: 9.45 to Liberal
    History: This rural seat has been around since 1903. It is very safe for the Liberals, with no Labor member ever winning it.
    Candidates: Secker will probably run again, no word on the other candidates.
    Observation: Before last election, its margin was near 20%. It’s a very safe electorate, and I can’t see Labor ever winning it.
    Prediction: Liberal win

Barton

Current MP: Robert McClelland (ALP)
    2007 margin: 12.10 to the ALP
    History: In the past, this was sometimes won by the Liberals (although normally won by the ALP), but in recent years it has become significantly safer for Labor. It is unlikely that Liberal will ever win it back. Apparently, in 1925, the winner of the seat was a murderer.
    Candidates: McClelland is running again, no word on other candidates.
    Observation: This is definitely Labor heaven now. Can’t see the Libs ever touching this.
    Prediction: Labor win

Bass

Current MP: Jodie Campbell (ALP)
    2007 margin: 1.00 to the ALP
    History: A marginal seat, with Labor and Liberal often winning this Launceston seat. It has been around since 1903. This seat was also the trigger for the end of the Whitlam government, with Liberal recording a massive swing in the 1975 by-election.
    Candidates: Campbell is not re-contesting the seat, instead Geoff Lyons is running. Newsreader Steve Titmus is running for the Libs, with Sancia Colgrave running for the Greens.
    Observation: This seat is marginal by a fair way. Won by the Libs in 2004 over the logging controversy, it was won by the ALP in 2007. Now, people are calling this close, although I reckon that Labor will just get over the line. Apparently, there was an 11% swing to Labor in a Morgan poll, but I have my doubts over the accuracy of it.
    Prediction: It’ll depend on what the Greens think. Will be very close, winner might not be found for a couple of weeks after the election.

Batman

Incumbent MP: Martin Ferguson (ALP), current Minister for Resources, Energy and Tourism.
    2007 margin: 25.95 to the ALP, the safest ALP seat in Australia.
    History: A very safe seat for the ALP, with Liberal only winning it twice in 100+ years. This electorate was originally called North Melbourne, before it got renamed to Batman in 1906 after Melbourne’s founder, not the comic book hero.
    Candidates: Alex Bhatnal is the Greens candidate. You’d assume that Martin Ferguson will run again.
    Observation: Although it may appear the safest seat in Australia, and the Labor primary vote is higher than seats with similar demographics, it shouldn’t be taken for granted. Outside of Melbourne, this is the Greens second best Victorian seat, with them only polling 3% less than Liberal. There’s no reason why the Greens won’t finish 2nd on 2PP, although I doubt they’ll win it.
    Prediction: Labor win, but the Greens may overtake the Libs and make the seat more marginal.

Disappointed in you Julia.

Bloody disappointed.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Had to be done.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Actually, might've been done here already. Can't remember if it was this forum or another one.
    Haha. That was me, though tongue in cheek obviously.

That being said, I recall a discussion we had when I had to convince you why One Nation were actually out and out racists.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Andrew Bolt just said on SkyNews that these people without papers are flying to Indonesia then catching a leaky boat to Australia. He said it, truly he did.

WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Did you know Andrew Bolt actually gets paid for the stuff he says and writes!? Someone actually treats it like it's a real job
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha. That was me, though tongue in cheek obviously.
    Haha yeah it's fine. I must say, I'd rather be called a racist than a paedophile if I had to choose, not that anyone is actually serious when they accuse me of either.

That being said, I recall a discussion we had when I had to convince you why One Nation were actually out and out racists.
    Hmm, not quite. I remember that discussion. I didn't deny that they were racist; I denied they started off racist. It's no secret that any organisation that starts up with any sort of anti-multiculturalism stance automatically attracts all the racists, who eventually then join it and actually turn it racist through sheer numbers. That's actually quite frustrating for someone like me.

However, I was wrong when I assumed One Nation was such a party; it was just racist to its core from the beginning. I do remember our discussion about it - you quoted lines from Pauline's opening address IIRC.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 06-07-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Disappointed in you Julia.

Bloody disappointed.
    Is about as good as it will realistically get in the current national debate. And streets ahead of the Liberals' "policy". Better for refugees that the ALP get elected with this than lose the election adopting a massively 'softer' approach and handing power back to Abbott and co.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Does anyone think it's ironic that Gillard and Abbott are bagging out immigrants, yet they were immigrants as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Is about as good as it will realistically get in the current national debate. And streets ahead of the Liberals' "policy". Better for refugees that the ALP get elected with this than lose the election adopting a massively 'softer' approach and handing power back to Abbott and co.
    Oh yeah, because she's only pandering to the racists a little bit.

A softer dog whistle.

Thread Information