Page 348 of 931 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448848 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 13960
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    haha, yeh I've brought this up on here before, how often migrants hold extreme opinions about this thing.

Can't be bothered looking for the post but to paraphrase, take my Mum; she came over here legally from Scotland and has refused to take Australian citizenship (not "I'll get to it eventually/CBF", mind, outright and proud refusal; "I'm Scottish!"), uses public health, has Scottish memorabilia all over the house, waxes lyrical about how awesome it is/was and will not be a self-funded retiree yet votes One Nation and bags dem immagints.

Compare that to many Vietnamese friends of mine who had parents that came over on a leaky boat as 'illegals' yet they're citizens, started businesses, are quite affluent these days, contribute to the economy, aren't crooks and fund their own retirement/medical.

And my Mum at least has worked for much of her life. UK migrants in northern Adelaide suburbs, large chunks of them are life-long and proud dole bludgers, in and out of prison, who expect their healthcare and retirement to be paid for, also haven't taken the citizenship test, are loud and proud of their English/Welsh/Irish heritage and take a UK pension on top of their Aussie one whilst loudly wondering why 'their' tax dollars are being wasted on these illegals (once again, many have never worked/paid taxes), sink the boats, etc.

Not hard to figure out who uses the most tax $'s. Should have sunk their boats.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 28-06-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    You don't listen to her then. Can't say I blame you. She's horrible, like the undead.
    We get her and that squeaky-voiced little ****wit that co-presents with her here for the morning news. They're both shocking. Especially when they're play-acting being real presenters and trying to take a hard line with politicians.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

WOW! Who would have thought Tony Abbott would do so well as the opposition leader.

Someone made the point, Labor would not have changed leaders if they didn't think Kevin Rudd couldn't win the next election. He probably would have won the next election, but the fact that his party knifed him, and knifed him to such an extent he didn't even contest the vote, shows how well Tony Abbott has done.

John Howard once said that Bob Hawke was his greatest ever opponent. When asked why, he said you could point to Bob Hawke and say exactly what he stood for. Bob Hawke was branded Mr Labor. He was Mr Union. You knew exactly what you were voting for when you got him.

Abbott won't win an election, in my opinion. But you know what he stands for, who he is, and what you're getting. And in that way he's a good leader, a strong leader, and a leader that's easy to understand.

I'm suprised all the polls shows Gillard is more preferred to Rudd. Rudd... he never came off as a strong character to me, but he was very affable and people related to him. Gillard comes across as a little cold to me.

But yeah, Gillard will beat Abbott. Anytime I've heard my Aussie friends talk about Abbott it's 'Oh he's a Catholic' and 'Oh he's a conservative'. Seriously, society today has some real prejudice towards anything religious. Heavin forbid a person who believes in God and goes to church being a leader in 2010!

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Rudd believes in God, goes to church every week and was Prime Minister until Thursday.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

I stand corrected. I was wrong.

Makes me wonder why there's so much hatred towards Abbott's Christianity, and not Rudd's Christianity.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Abbott has a spine and stands up for what he believes itbt.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Really? When is he going to share those beliefs with us?

Workchoices isn't dead then? Or was that a gospel truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post

I'm suprised all the polls shows Gillard is more preferred to Rudd. Rudd... he never came off as a strong character to me, but he was very affable and people related to him. Gillard comes across as a little cold to me.

!
    Sorry, but

I don't know anyone who he related to, or who related to him.

He made Mark Latham seem normal.

I still don't get why it took so long for the mob to work him out.

Full credit to Labor's marketing team I guess.

The only mob who can sell Latham and Rudd with no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Why can't he acknowledge that the stimulus helped us dodge a bullet? **** head he is. They must have given away tickets to Oxford when he went - what a joke.
    He has. Not publicly, on-the-record but I have heard it from the man himself. Before he became OpLeader ofc.

Yeah, I didn't find Rudd relatable. And living where I do, he has a horrible reputation.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    I stand corrected. I was wrong.

Makes me wonder why there's so much hatred towards Abbott's Christianity, and not Rudd's Christianity.
    Probably because Abbott's is more extreme than Rudd's.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    written, spoken and authorised by matt79. the views expressed at not necessarily those of CW management, and jono remains solely liable for any resultant offence or litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Abbott has a spine and stands up for what he believes itbt.
    Other than promoting xenophobia, what else? Has not come up with much in his 6 months.

Has kept his cards close to his chest for 6 months now. His policies better be good!
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Also I just watched Q&A. Magda Szubanski and Janet Albrechtsen were superb.

Shorten was up-front. Barnaby was Barnaby.

The rest were a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Sorry, but

I don't know anyone who he related to, or who related to him.

He made Mark Latham seem normal.

I still don't get why it took so long for the mob to work him out.

Full credit to Labor's marketing team I guess.

The only mob who can sell Latham and Rudd with no shame.
    Howardj, I never thought I would come across someone who disliked Rudd with the same intensity I do.

Bravo.

Unfair Jono. He's said what his policies would be - not doing anything that he's bagged out Labor for, not delivering a 2% company tax cut, and finding billions of dollars somewhere. What more information could you possibly want?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Also I just watched Q&A. Magda Szubanski and Janet Albrechtsen were superb.

Shorten was up-front. Barnaby was Barnaby.

The rest were a waste of space.
    Agree with this. I can't remember the name of the woman on the far left, but **** me she was such a tool. Even though most of the time I agreed with her.

But the Abbott "every schoolkid should learn the bible" - if there's a single thing that rubs me the wrong way, it's this.

Sorry, not voting for you under any circumstances.

Thread Information