Page 312 of 976 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412812 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 14629
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Haha, that's right! Remember when Kelly said that, Julian Morrow rang her and offered her a job.

Edit: not one question today onthe mining tax. Very odd - an MPI yesterday, nothing today.
    Last edited by Burgey; 02-06-2010 at 01:22 AM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Just started watching this week's Q & A online this morning before work...seems the young debater (and Liberal?) brought along his cheer squad. Is the rowdiest episode that I can remember ever.

Needless to say, every time the young bloke talks it gives me the ****s
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Just started watching this week's Q & A online this morning before work...seems the young debater (and Liberal?) brought along his cheer squad. Is the rowdiest episode that I can remember ever.

Is a good bloke tbh. I take pride in the fact that we outpolled him at UQ last year.

When Maxine was speaking at the start I though it was outrageously rowdy. Can't believe how much clapping there was when Bernardi finished his burqa rant as well.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    This probably more consistent with the real position and tactics of the Party though, surely?

For the uninitiated...

Lindsay pamphlet scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interestingly, when I did a Google Image serach for "Lindsay fake..", Ms Lohan featured fairly prominently
    Game set and match.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Is a good bloke tbh. I take pride in the fact that we outpolled him at UQ last year.

When Maxine was speaking at the start I though it was outrageously rowdy. Can't believe how much clapping there was when Bernardi finished his burqa rant as well.
    I thought Mitch Grady was quite good too. Made some good points about the current state of the Liberal party.

And yeah definitely a rowdy crowd. The claps after Bernardi spoke were surprising, if not scary.

Since when is it a right to see someone else's face?

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post

Wow. The young Libs took a break from spamming the comments sections in the articles on news.com.au with pro Liberal slogans to turn up to the Evil Empire's studio to cheer their boy on.

Good on them.
    Last edited by slippyslip; 02-06-2010 at 11:04 AM.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    I think the biggest mistake one can make in interpreting this poll is to think that (a) the Greens are going to get 16% in an election and (b) those Green voters are really Labor voters who are going to give their preferences to Labor and therefore Rudd can win with a primary vote in the mid 30s.

I think the 16% is made up of disaffected Labor and Liberal voters who can't warm to their preferred party's leader and are at the moment parking their vote elsewhere. However, during a campaign, where there is absolute blanket coverage of the major parties and the minor parties are virtually sidelined, that 16% will halve.

Some of it will go 'home' to Liberal, some of it will go 'home' to Labor.
    Yes, theres no doubt some of that 16% are Turnbull/Fraser supporters that hate Abbott just as much as any sane-non religious fanatic-ratbag person does. What happened with Richard Court and green votes in WA a few years ago is a good precedent - there are Liberal voters who care about the environment.

But if Liberal supporters ( I couldnt imagine any Nats voter ever even thinking about saying he/she/it/sheep would support the Greens - even in private) are that unhappy with Abbott and Co. then why wouldn't he/she switch to the ALP? If Liberal supporters are going that far to say they support Greens then its not that far fetched they would switch to Labor during an election.
    Last edited by slippyslip; 02-06-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: coz im sexy

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Not sure how true this is, but in 2007 the reason Greens picked up astronomical (for them) primary votes in blue-chip Liberal seats was because 'doctor's wives' rose up in general dissent without jeopardising their share portfolios.

Could be wrong, mind.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Is that more, or less embarrassing than finding them in flagrante delicto with the pool boy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Poll Alert

- Morgan today
    - Nielsen on Monday
    - No Newspoll on Tuesday 15 June, as the 14th is a public holiday (which apparently corrupts the sample).

So the next Newspoll will be Tuesday 22 June (my birthday).

Tipping a sour birthday present mate

lol yeah, would be a real poo of a way to start the big day.

Why did Abbott deny during Question Time that he said the stimulus package did not help the economy, when only a few months earlier he clearly said it did not, in a speech no less.

Allowed Rudd to have a field day with that.
    Last edited by Jono; 03-06-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Not many people watch QT mate, unfortunately.. wish they did right now. Those who do are generally the tragics though, and pretty much rusted-ons from each side in any event.

I think most people feel that if they want to see childish antics, they can pop up to the school at lunch time.

Or pop into OT

Yeah QT has been especially hard to watch lately. Points of order have been thick and fast and ****.

Thread Information