Page 308 of 964 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 14454
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Absolutely no need for the insults or pettiness, slippyslip. Keep it civil or don't post at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by slippyslip View Post
    I love how you think Government policy should be conducted by how your share portfolio performs.

Here's some advice for you, champ, buying shares is a *GASP* risk. Yes, I know thats a revelation to someone like yourself.

benchmark00: I want my shares to be guaranteed to only go up in price and if they don't I'll cry like a toddler. WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Suck it up, buttercup. You bought the shares, you took the risk. I bet when you lose a bet at the track you go have a cry to the horse and the jockey.
    If you read the original post to which my reply was made, you'd see that you've missed the point entirely. In fact, you just look stupid.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Did have a chat to Kerry O'Brien over the weekend.

I directly posed to him the question "who am I supposed to vote for now that you've made all the politicians look silly?"

We had a good laugh about their recent 'efforts'. Could be the year of the donkey vote!
    Yep, not going near the ALP while Conroy is around. Liberals are a massive turnoff as well with Abbott at the helm, truth be told if Costello was in charge, would have gone them in a heartbeat.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    You suggesting that the Libs wouldn't have lost the same? In most countries they are still in a recession. To get us out of it within 18 months is damn impressive imo, especially given it's Labor.
    Hope you're not suggesting that the government polices got Oz out of recession

Fact is that Oz was incredibly well placed heading into the downturn due to the policies of a number of previous governments and the country's inherent advantages

Rudd's government had bugger all to do with it
    Last edited by social; 31-05-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Yep, not going near the ALP while Conroy is around. Liberals are a massive turnoff as well with Abbott at the helm, truth be told if Costello was in charge, would have gone them in a heartbeat.
    Dire.

Interesting referral of the Michael Johnson thing to Privileges today. Be sweating bullets nt eh deep North I'd think.

Moreover, here's a little more internal happiness, Qld LNP style:

http://www.4bc.com.au/blogs/michael-...0526-wcxh.html
    Last edited by Burgey; 31-05-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Dire.

Interesting referral of the Michael Johnson thing to Privileges today. Be sweating bullets nt eh deep North I'd think.

Moreover, here's a little more internal happiness, Qld LNP style:

LNP slow train crash continues
    Am a sucker for yellow ties.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Haha. And yellow hair, by the avatar..

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post

Fact is that Oz was incredibly well placed heading into the downturn due to the policies of a number of previous governments and the country's inherent advantages

Interestingly there are a number of financial experts who disagree.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Essential Report 51-49 to the bad guys.

The latest Newspoll has Labor's primary vote support collapsing to just 35%.

Coalition on 41%.

The Greens on a whopping 16%.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    The latest Newspoll has Labor's primary vote support collapsing to just 35%.

Coalition on 41%.

The Greens on a whopping 16%.
    So 16% of the population isn't smart enough to be allowed to vote?

I think the biggest mistake one can make in interpreting this poll is to think that (a) the Greens are going to get 16% in an election and (b) those Green voters are really Labor voters who are going to give their preferences to Labor and therefore Rudd can win with a primary vote in the mid 30s.

I think the 16% is made up of disaffected Labor and Liberal voters who can't warm to their preferred party's leader and are at the moment parking their vote elsewhere. However, during a campaign, where there is absolute blanket coverage of the major parties and the minor parties are virtually sidelined, that 16% will halve.

Some of it will go 'home' to Liberal, some of it will go 'home' to Labor.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Interestingly there are a number of financial experts who disagree.
    The dirt on dodging the GFC
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    I think the biggest mistake one can make in interpreting this poll is to think that (a) the Greens are going to get 16% in an election and (b) those Green voters are really Labor voters who are going to give their preferences to Labor and therefore Rudd can win with a primary vote in the mid 30s.

I think the 16% is made up of disaffected Labor and Liberal voters who can't warm to their preferred party's leader and are at the moment parking their vote elsewhere. However, during a campaign, where there is absolute blanket coverage of the major parties and the minor parties are virtually sidelined, that 16% will halve.

Think you're spot on, tbh.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Naturally. The protest vote is a big one and as such it'll probably look disproportionally high compared to how important it actually is (a Green vote in a safe Labor seat is a pretty irrelevant one)
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Thread Information