Cricket Player Manager
Page 266 of 993 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 14887
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Just read that Bolt piece and some of his backlog of articles. Heh, what's the issue, what person would actually take this bitter little fella seriously? Better to ingore him, quite enjoyed that I din't know he even existed before this afternoon. Hopefully I'll forget who he is by tomorrow morning or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Some of Bolt's arguments are so fatally logically flawed it's not even worthwhile arguing with them.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

He's no worse than the journalists on the left, and even some of those in the mainstream media who masquerade as impartial - Oaks, Grattan, Hartcher.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    He's no worse than the journalists on the left, and even some of those in the mainstream media who masquerade as impartial - Oaks, Grattan, Hartcher.

Yeah, Bolt's stance on things is as even-handed as Oakes (who outed the Evans-Kernot relationship - really helped Labor); Grattan (who has pretty much lost a lot of influence these days) and Hartcher, who has written about 15 OpEd pieces in the last 12 months bagging various aspects of the federal government.

Spare me, please.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Sorry, but this is moving past bias into rubbish. Doesn't sound like you read much of Hartchers pieces.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa View Post
    He's worse than a bit of a tool, the man is a liar who engages in race baiting and is highly offensive. Hardly the type of person I'd think should be anyones hero.

Although this'll probably be decried as lefty, biased, etc etc. - Andrew Bolt – Pure Poison
    Would agree with you there, I was just trying to put it mildly rather than saying I think he's a ****wit.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Maybe Hartcher was an over-reach.

I stand by Grattan and Oaks though - they are rottenly biased, and do far more damage than Bolt as:

(a) they are far more widely read/viewed
    (b) they are much more subtle and therefore effective than Bolt
    (c) they are presented as impartial whereas most even casual observers know that Bolt is not impartial.

Don't take everything so literally. By worse, I mean more effective and pernicious - not worse as more blatant.
    Last edited by howardj; 14-04-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Maybe Hartcher was an over-reach.

I stand by Grattan and Oaks though - they are rottenly biased, and do far more damage than Bolt as:

(a) they are far more widely read/viewed
    (b) they are much more subtle and therefore effective than Bolt
    (c) they are presented as impartial whereas most even casual observers know that Bolt is not impartial.

Don't take everything so literally. By worse, I mean more effective and pernicious - not worse as more blatant.
    I'm not so sure, Bolt seems to have a habit of selectively quoting parts of a study or some research to mislead his readers into believing whatever it is he says is the truth, safe in the knowledge they'll probably never bother to actually read the full article to find out the context.

I guess who is more damaging to a party's cause depends on who you support. Bolt would never be caught dead saying something complementary to the other side of politics.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 14-04-2010 at 09:43 PM.

My think about Bolt is that even when he does make valid points, he's so bitter and intentionally inflammatory that I can't take him seriously at all. Hope I never have to run into him, seems as whiskey tango as they get.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    My think about Bolt is that even when he does make valid points, he's so bitter and intentionally inflammatory that I can't take him seriously at all. Hope I never have to run into him, seems as whiskey tango as they get.
    Haha I've had the displeasure to have met and spoken to him a few years ago when he came to speak at school. His method of argument consists of spouting lies, and when people call him on it, to speak over them to shut them up.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Bolty? Don't mind the bloke. At least we now know that Piers Akerman's dad is a sperm donor.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Had to respond to a piece of Bolt's writings in Year 12. Half the class were douche bags so just swore at him in their emails, which meant those that properly responded didn't receive replies. That was the answer he gave me anyway when I emailed him a few weeks later calling him out for not responding.

"Your classmates were rude"

Man up.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

lol at Oakes being biased. The only loyalty he has/had was Kerry and the buffet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

The only people comparable to people like Bolt on the left in terms of bias are people who blog for sites like Crikey and Larvatus Prodeo which is read by nobody who isn't a rusted on political hack (...apart from maybe Catherine Deveny *shudder*)

Difference is they (especially at LP) have reasoned detailed analysis, rather than make outlandish statements which take a remotely relevant piece of information on a tangent, whilst ignoring everything else in the debate and blindly blaming the left for everything that goes wrong (okay so sometimes Crikey does that with the conservatives).

To compare Bolt to Oakes and Hartcher is laughable.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Phillip Adams maybe. Token leftie at the Opposition Orifice.

Thread Information