Page 265 of 964 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 14454
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

  1. #3961
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,573
    ****ing hell, lost respect for you Howard. Fair enough have your views, but to actually label that scumbag Bolt a hero of yours.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  2. #3962
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,030
    Have only ever read bits and pieces of Bolts blog (and therefore may have missed something...), but have never understood what exactly it was he wrote that makes people on here hate him so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  3. #3963
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    23,831
    Cough up $20 for pack of cigarettes | News.com.au

    Fantastic news - hope it happens!

    The taskforce believes such a hefty rise would reduce the number of smokers by one million within a decade, helping the Government save some of the $31 billion which smoking costs the community each year.
    Make them $30 a packet!

  4. #3964
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dishing out broken ****ing floggings
    Posts
    10,958
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Cough up $20 for pack of cigarettes | News.com.au

    Fantastic news - hope it happens!



    Make them $30 a packet!
    Good. Serves them right for them choosing to die.
    5-0

    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

    Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.


  5. #3965
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Have only ever read bits and pieces of Bolts blog (and therefore may have missed something...), but have never understood what exactly it was he wrote that makes people on here hate him so much.
    That might be because he generally endorses your side of politics.

    Think the bloke's a bit of a tool myself, a lot of bluster and bravado that includes elements of truth mixed in with a right-wing agenda.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  6. #3966
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dishing out broken ****ing floggings
    Posts
    10,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Have only ever read bits and pieces of Bolts blog (and therefore may have missed something...), but have never understood what exactly it was he wrote that makes people on here hate him so much.
    Probably because it's right-wing crap which misses the point.

  7. #3967
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dishing out broken ****ing floggings
    Posts
    10,958
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Andrew Bolt's My Hero

    Could not have written a better piece myself.
    Dire.

  8. #3968
    International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    That might be because he generally endorses your side of politics.

    Think the bloke's a bit of a tool myself, a lot of bluster and bravado that includes elements of truth mixed in with a right-wing agenda.
    He's worse than a bit of a tool, the man is a liar who engages in race baiting and is highly offensive. Hardly the type of person I'd think should be anyones hero.

    Although this'll probably be decried as lefty, biased, etc etc. - http://blogs.crikey.com.au/purepoiso...y/andrew-bolt/
    Last edited by Dasa; 13-04-2010 at 08:42 PM.

  9. #3969
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa View Post
    He's worse than a bit of a tool, the man is a liar who engages in race baiting and is highly offensive. Hardly the type of person I'd think should be anyones hero.
    You could say the same about a PM who just last week shuts the door on asylum seekers...but only if you're from Sri Lanka or Afghanistan.

    Racist much?

  10. #3970
    International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,955
    Haha, I love how you assume I must be in love with Rudd if I disagree with the likes of Bolt. Wrong assumption unfortunately, I'm not wedded to any political party or politician and willing to support them blindly.

  11. #3971
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Cough up $20 for pack of cigarettes | News.com.au

    Fantastic news - hope it happens!



    Make them $30 a packet!


    Def hope it happens. They certainly should be paying for their future healthcare for mine.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

  12. #3972
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,288
    Some random political musings I've been having in the last week or so.

    The destruction of a large part of a coral reef by a coal carrier has me patriotically angry in a way I'm not entirely comfortable with. That place is a national treasure, get those damn coal ships the **** away from it Absolutely disgraceful that these ships aren't monitored, **** the right of passage bull****.

    The political state in Tasmania is absolutely facinating. Easily the most interesting political episode in years for me. A bit of a road test to what political life might be like in mainstream politics if the environment goes downhill, and the Greens take a much higher proportion of the national vote.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

    Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

    RIP Craig

  13. #3973
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dishing out broken ****ing floggings
    Posts
    10,958
    Who's won in Tassie? Hodgman or Bartlett?

    EDIT: Seems like Bartlett.
    Last edited by morgieb; 13-04-2010 at 10:42 PM.

  14. #3974
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Some random political musings I've been having in the last week or so.

    The destruction of a large part of a coral reef by a coal carrier has me patriotically angry in a way I'm not entirely comfortable with. That place is a national treasure, get those damn coal ships the **** away from it Absolutely disgraceful that these ships aren't monitored, **** the right of passage bull****.

    The political state in Tasmania is absolutely facinating. Easily the most interesting political episode in years for me. A bit of a road test to what political life might be like in mainstream politics if the environment goes downhill, and the Greens take a much higher proportion of the national vote.
    Coal/Gas/Mining in general always takes precedence over the environment, it's quite simply amazing how much of a blind eye the governments turns towards the mining industry when it comes to the whole environment argument. So hypocritical and farcical it isn't funny

  15. #3975
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Who's won in Tassie? Hodgman or Bartlett?

    EDIT: Seems like Bartlett.
    The Liberals won 10 seats, Labor won 10 seats and the Greens won 5. Both major political parties had an agreement that whoever won the most votes would become premier if the amount of seats was split down the middle, and the Liberals ended up with 2% more votes than Labor.

    However (and anyone more knowledgeable on the issue is free to correct me on this) it's actually the Governor who makes the final decision on who becomes premier in instances such as these. While Bartlett stuck to his promise of advising the govenor that Hodgeman should be premier, he also didn't rule out the possibility of moving a no confidence motion against a Liberal government if he felt it necessary. Fearing for the stability of the government in an environment like this, the governor decided to reinstate Bartlett to test his power on the floor of the parliament.

    Basically you have 3 parties with no love for each other, but any combination of the parties will be able to get votes passed through parliament. It will either be a right royal mess, with an impotent government being unable to weild any sort of power in the parliament, or the parties will in some form work together to devise solutions that are acceptable to 2 or more of the parties.

    In other words, it will be interesting. Well, interesting for the political tragics anyway
    Last edited by Ausage; 13-04-2010 at 11:03 PM.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Australian Conditions - The Difference?
    By benchmark00 in forum Ashes 2006/07
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-10-2006, 08:38 AM
  2. 2004/05 Australian domestic season thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1116
    Last Post: 27-03-2005, 10:25 PM
  3. *Official* India in Australia Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2652
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 07:00 PM
  4. South Australian Crickets Don Bradman Medal Night
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-10-2003, 05:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •