Cricket Player Manager
Page 259 of 991 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 14854
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

The messengers were Labor party hacks.

For what it's worth, I think Rudd did very well yesterday.

As with all his policies, I think there'll be a massive gap between how it sounds and what it delivers.

But I thought he came across better yesterday.

The Liberals are up against it with this guy.

For Abbott, he should have given the broad priniciples of his plan so he would have had something positive to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    The mood of the electorate is that currently, according to Newspoll, more people would give the Liberal Party their first choice vote than the Labor party. That certainly was not reflected in the make up of yesterday's audience.

They were meant to be responding to what the leaders were saying. That was their brief.
    A couple of points. Newspolls aren't necessarily accurate and a willingness to vote Liberal isn't the same as preferring Rudd or Abbott personally.

A big conspiracy is much more fun though I'll grant you that.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Conspiracy yes.

It's what $250 million has bought Rudd.

Rigged FTA worms.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Conspiracy yes.

It's what $250 million has bought Rudd.

Rigged FTA worms.
    Interesting analysis of the two worms used yesterday, regarding the differences in sample audiences, technologies etc is here:

When the Worms Turn ? The inside info on audience response – Pollytics
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Anyone watch Insight yesterday on SBS?

Man does everyone love Julia. Most would seem to prefer her to be PM.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

And yet, the MSM is so utterly blindly obsessed with Abbott that The Punch reports “With the latest opinion polls showing Mr Abbott is making inroads into the Prime Minister’s popularity, it’s unlikely an entire room of people, carefully balanced on the ideology scale, would be so put off by the mere sight of the Opposition Leader’s mug.”

In other words, the reality doesn’t fit with the MSM’s narrative therefore reality is wrong!

Seriously, if this blogger thinks that the purpose of the worm is to give your personal view on whether you like a debater, rather than judge the debate on its merits, then why even have the debate?

The problem with the worm is that the users of it think they have to use the thing every sentence. Every sentence has to be either good or bad.
    Last edited by howardj; 23-03-2010 at 09:17 PM.

And yet, the MSM is so utterly blindly obsessed with Abbott that The Punch reports ďWith the latest opinion polls showing Mr Abbott is making inroads into the Prime Ministerís popularity, itís unlikely an entire room of people, carefully balanced on the ideology scale, would be so put off by the mere sight of the Opposition Leaderís mug.Ē

In other words, the reality doesnít fit with the MSMís narrative therefore reality is wrong!

Seriously, if this blogger thinks that the purpose of the worm is to give your personal view on whether you like a debater, rather than judge the debate on its merits, then why even have the debate?

The problem with the worm is that the users of it think they have to use the thing every sentence. Every sentence has to be either good or bad.
    How do you know they think that though?

And tbf, I think that was a comment postedthere rather than by the author.

But either way, the media have loved Abbott, because as much as you say the anonymous "worms" have their predelictions, it's a sure thing that the media want colour and movement rather than the fairly languid pizzling Turnbull was copping.

If I was using the worm, I would wait until a person had finished their two minute spiel, and then make a judgement on what they said on the whole.

Not twist and turn the thing after every sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    How do you know they think that though?

And tbf, I think that was a comment postedthere rather than by the author.

But either way, the media have loved Abbott, because as much as you say the anonymous "worms" have their predelictions, it's a sure thing that the media want colour and movement rather than the fairly languid pizzling Turnbull was copping.
    Well, if he has no objection to the worm giong south at the mere appearance of Abbott, then he obviously thinks that it's OK for the debate (i.e. the content of what they are saying and the way they are saying it) not to be judged on its merits.

The quoted comment was a comment that I got from the link, posted by a blogger.

The worm not only trivialises politics but it's not serving its purpose - to judge the debate itself on its merits.

If I was using the worm, I would wait until a person had finished their two minute spiel, and then make a judgement on what they said on the whole.

Not twist and turn the thing after every sentence.
    They're told to keep adjusting it constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

And yet, the MSM is so utterly blindly obsessed with Abbott that The Punch reports ďWith the latest opinion polls showing Mr Abbott is making inroads into the Prime Ministerís popularity, itís unlikely an entire room of people, carefully balanced on the ideology scale, would be so put off by the mere sight of the Opposition Leaderís mug.Ē

In other words, the reality doesnít fit with the MSMís narrative therefore reality is wrong!

I make it a rule - and one that I find works well - to smile and nod politely, back away quickly and above all never listen to anyone who uses the phrase "mainstream media" frequently enough to feel the need to abbreviate it.

Minchin resigns from the shadow cabinet, and will be quitting politics altogether at the next election. Never had a lot of time for the guy's politics tbh.

Barnaby, I can confirm, has been moved out of Finance.

Robb in.

Barnaby, I can confirm, has been moved out of Finance.

Robb in.
    Smart move.

Wouldn't call Robb a star, but a safe choice. Far less accident prone than Barnyard.

Thread Information