Page 244 of 976 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 14637
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Mate of Whiteant Turnbull then?
    Me? Not at all. Don't know him, and never liked his public persona. I should add, I have no emotional connection to either major party- I just enjoy the theatre.

Besides, Turnbull isn't savvy enough to be a White Ant- he's just being a petulant douche who knows he's run his race. The real white ant job was done by the NSW Right AGAINST Turnbull. As a political manoeuvre, the Right's campaign against Turnbull was a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Mate, you're in Port Headland, there is no mail there

Nah, hope you're right.
    Fair point, but that's only because the mailmen keep keeling over from the hellish heat.

Luckily, they brought this new fangled invention called the "teleo-phone". They also blessed us with this big white thing called a "Qantas". This Qantas thing can take us back into civilisation on a Friday, and get us back to this godforsaken hellhole by Sunday.

Techonogical!

But the goss I heard last weekend from my dirty Libby insider friends was nice and juicy.

Apparently, the moderates inside the Libs are getting really worried. No one really believes that the Mad Monk has a real shot of winning this year, but the moderates need Abbott to get totally destroyed in order to marginalise the Right and drive the party's agenda for a while. The moderates figured that Abbott would quickly implode (because Abbott is, well, Abbott), so they put on this "unity" facade and (through gritted teeth) showered Abbott with public support.

After seeing Abbott score a few nice hits against Rudd, the moderates are concerned that he'll put in a good show come election time. Not enough to win government, of course, but enough to keep the party under the direction of the NSW Right. So the current mail is that the moderates are going to change tack and try to fire a few torpedoes at Abbott, just to help things along.

The sign will be if you start seeing Hockey's face around a bit more. He's been basically invisible since Turnbull got rolled, and he's (obviously) the moderates' darling and the guy most likely to be their frontman after the election. If he starts putting himself out there (with his support-but-not-really-support act) then you'll know that internal war has broken out.
    Andy, not Nathan. NOT Nathan. My left hand is reserved for lighting cigarettes.

I dont doubt what you say but, IMO, one of the more interesting things about Oz politics is going to be the fallout from Turnbull's ditching

Anyone that thinks this is over, hasnt studied the man and some of the pissants from the left or right of the Libs that think they've won and even the ALP will rue the day that they crossed him

Mark my words, "study the man and his history"
    Last edited by social; 16-02-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Wish people would just trust science as the most accurate and impartial explanation of truth there is.

People don't trust anything that challenges the status quo and forces them to confront a world different to what they know. Science is never "proven" but it's worth remembering the extremely high standard of proof that it holds itself to and the fact that it adjusts its views based on the data at hand. Unfortunately people would rather blindly follow their religious or ideological belief and those in that minority get far too much airtime.
    Worth noting that science will discard ideas where the evidence starts to look doubtful, even after decades of trying to prove it. Phrenology and the plum pudding model of the atom, for example.

That said, atmospheric science is an exponentially more complex beast. Geology, chemistry and physics all have fairly diverse views on what's happening.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

The Liberals will remain united behind the Straight Talker until at least after the Election.

Not to do so on the eve of the Election, will actually damage your own faction's/wing's cause, post-Election.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Abbott could boost his chances by learning to tie his tie properly, looks like he is in primary school.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

As a Straight Talker, he should ditch the tie altogether, and wear a short sleeve business shirt when he's on the hustings (lycra of course).

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master View Post
    Abbott could boost his chances by learning to tie his tie properly, looks like he is in primary school.
    Apparently he could do with a kick up the arse too according to the company that owns the truck that nearly killed him the other day.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by age_master View Post
    His wife should be ashamed at his slovenly appearance.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    As a Straight Talker, he should ditch the tie altogether, and wear a short sleeve business shirt when he's on the hustings (lycra of course).
    I'm starting to worry abbott you mate...
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I'm starting to worry abbott you mate...
    ..Im just pyneing for a Coaltion Government

It would be nuttin to rejoyce about IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    ..Im just pyneing for a Coaltion Government
    Would feel deadset robbed if that were to happen.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

The program is gone, now the Minister must follow.

How much of Murdoch's sleaze money did it take to get "Straight Talkin Tone" in his pocket?

Thread Information