Page 237 of 962 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 14429
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Don't know why it bothers you that much, you wouldn't have voted for him anyway.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it's going to go up in price, and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up," he said.

Lol Abbott, you really are a ****ing idiot. Someone should cut your balls off.
    Does he give staged press conferences in front of church every Sunday though?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Don't know why it bothers you that much, you wouldn't have voted for him anyway.
    Because if he gets votes it means a large amount of society support his ****head views.

You can't look at society through a vacuum of comfort.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Does he give staged press conferences in front of church every Sunday though?
    No, he does them in a pair of speedos or on a ****ing mountain bike instead..
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

He's lost me there. My wife won't iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Great article in today's Herald from Gittins.

Pollies Con Sucker Voters
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

I hate that QLD does not have a senate.

It means that legislation can ge tthrough completely unscrutinised.

Also, this is interesting and was not on the agenda for the last election: New controversial surrogacy laws debated in parliament | The Courier-Mail

Anna Bligh's far left agenda shall surely come to an end at the next state election. But damn that seems like a long time away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Great article in today's Herald from Gittins.

Pollies Con Sucker Voters
    This is the acid test for Rudd and his government. Was his promise of new leadership just so much puffery?

Will he stand and fight for a genuine solution to the problem he once rightly described as the great moral, economic and environmental challenge of our age, or will he cut and run?

He'll take the hard decisions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post

Also, this is interesting and was not on the agenda for the last election: New controversial surrogacy laws debated in parliament | The Courier-Mail

Anna Bligh's far left agenda shall surely come to an end at the next state election. But damn that seems like a long time away.
    I got the impression that from the last state election that people wanted to vote for the LNP, but it was either Bligh or some illiterate slack jawed yokel.

I don't see how many homosexual parents would be any worse than alot of the heterosexual parents in the world. I presonally find the debates on these issues really homophobic tbh.

Presumably if the couple went about having a baby the "old fashioned" way there'd be no problem either.

Found these comments hilarious.

"Just look at the first five years of a child's life when you've got two mothers,'' he said.

"How do you take them to a public toilet when you go on a so-called family outing.

"They will have to go to the ladies toilet won't they.

"They (the mothers) are not going to let a little boy go to the male toilet.

"This is the sort of situation that these members (Labor MPs) over here haven't even thought of.

I am far more concerned about the singles who are now able to have surrogate children. It's hard enough being brought up in a single parent home, but for a parent to willingly do that to their child is cruel.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I am far more concerned about the singles who are now able to have surrogate children. It's hard enough being brought up in a single parent home, but for a parent to willingly do that to their child is cruel.
    Hooray for ****house generalisations about single parents. You wouldn't know **** from canola, frankly.

Love this thread in election years.

early days yet, but are people decided yet as to how they'll vote. Obviously we have some very open minded guys here who'll probaby only decide in the booth on the day (howard, Steds, social, Burgey, looking at you), but quite a few of us arent rusted on either way. Would be interested to know what people think now and whether it changes.

At the moment i'm voting ALP federally and for the Libs in the Vic election. The Vic state gov needs to change. I think Rudd and Gillard have done well enough to deserve a second term, and are more credible on issues I'm interested in (cue choking splutters of ire from some) and the idea of Abbott and Joyce as the country's leaders frightens me.
    Last edited by Matt79; 10-02-2010 at 01:02 AM.

What exactly is stopping this theoretical single parent from having a quickie fling, telling their partner they're on the pill, and doing it the old fashioned way?

Honestly that argument doesn't hold water to me. Bad parents are everywhere, and as long as you don't need a license to have kids, excluding one group because they don't fit into some politician or religious groups idea of what a family should be is just plain unfair.

As to the election, I wouldn't dream of voting for state Labor so I'll be voting for the Liberals I guess, although Fatty O'Barrell doesn't do much for me. I could never help put Abbott in charge of the country but I'm not entirely sold on Rudd's performance either. ALP or Greens federally I guess. The Greens come into the equation if I don't feel enough is being done on the environment by the ALP.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Completely undecided at the moment. I don't necessarily like Abbott and think the Libs are shambles, but am completely opposed to the internet censorship legislation that I don't know I could vote for the ALP in conscience. Rudd is a ****, too.

Next WA election I'll be voting Liberal. I think Barnett's been pretty good as Premier, and Ripper is damn-near unelectable. His wife's an idiot, too.

Thread Information